Just a Thought,,,

topics about v8 bikes and their owners
Forum Sponsored by Chris Cruz Artistry
gaston 2005 502
Location: South Texas & Working Around the World, Across The Nation And Up Your Street

Just a Thought,,,

Post by gaston 2005 502 »

Was thinking of all the issues with informing the V8 members of good experiences or bad experiences with dealers. In my opinion it is good for the V8 public to know who has good business practices and who have poor business practices. If there is not a dealer topic or thread, if there was a location or thread that listed all the dealers. In that thread there was a column for good businesslike practices or poor business practices for each dealer, also a past experiences column also with good and poor. This would consist of just adding a mark to the column, an X, in good or poor. Thereby not dredging up issues or causing problems, but basically a current dealer report card. I would think the members name should be used in conjunction with their vote of good or poor, or confidence or no confidence. It would be nice to know others more senior to the V8 world who members have had good or bad dealings with and a place to find this information with reviewing all past threads. Site members order a part from a dealer or take their bike to a dealer for repairs, there happy with the service, they card or thread gets a X in the proper column, they are dissatisfied with the service, the card gats a X in that column. I know of good recommendations of a good hand full of dealers and from my experiences with a few dealers, i am going on one year in the V8 message board world,, but there are new members all the time requesting this kind of info and could be advantageous to all. It would not be badmouthing the dealer either. there could be several generic columns in this thread such as, ships parts as promised, returns my phone messages, repairs performed competently, documents provided as stated, warranty issues addressed or not. Who steps up to the plate and does the right things and who gets their feeling hurt. Could even go as far as good manufacturers of parts for the Hoss. Could be a work in progress, but may be able if done correctly, be good for the buying V8 community and could be incentive for Dealers to use good business practices. I know good information regarding experiences does not go as far as bad business practices and the bad are remembered forever. As stated above it would be a X in a box, not bad mouthing a dealer,, just a dealer business report card. Maybe i'm just full of shit and i am proving it with this thought and waiting for anybody to tell me, yes darryl you are full of shit. :roll: Whatcha think? I have no clue how to go about something like this,, maybe it could happen,,, maybe this thought will disappear like a fart in the wind :shock:

Darryl
Darryl Campbell
AR

Re: Just a Thought,,,

Post by AR »

Pull my finger! ffffuuut! yep, there it goes Darryl :? Funny what ideas you come up with sitting in a hotel room that has a well stocked mini bar huh, dont they have the nakkid chanel in Korea? ...but I hear what youre saying and even though you broke it all down to minute detail I think it could be a bit more complex than what you've portrayed, the following is why;

Situation A - I heard of a customer once that was a walking-talking salesman for a dealer for several months, that situation turned dramatically sour...guess who?? ;) Any newby would be a bit mystified at this fickle rating system when watching the double-positive tick change to a triple-negative cross. :roll:

Situation B - I know a dealer that I personally buy stuff off regularly and infuriatingly every single item has something ever so slightly wrong with it or something missing that requires my hands on rectification before it can be used, but I am handy and the stuff he makes is so unique that I love him for it and am willing to put up with it. I want the dealer to do well so imagine me ticking positive and the newby gets the same thingy and is all thumbs when it comes to making something work...'hey bad recommendation Aussie Rob!'

I know another dealer VERY WELL and cause he loves to jabbermouth to me he tips me off on some of the latest info (for a small fee I will tell you what it is), but we also discuss his customer issues and some of the customer expectation problems he has and its just so easy for him to have a happy customer and a sad customer on any given day and in either case its not necessarily because of him - but the buck stops with him.

I dont think its a good idea, but do it anyway. :)
gaston 2005 502
Location: South Texas & Working Around the World, Across The Nation And Up Your Street

Rob, correct on the hotel/ apartment. Ok just a fart in the wind, blow,,, blowww away. and i ain't gotta clue how to evolve a idea to a usable thread such as mentioned. I can maintain on a computer but by no means a web site setr upr.:roll:

Darryl
Darryl Campbell
hogv8

Post by hogv8 »

Like Mike said , no matter what kind of business it is mistakes will be made but it's how mistakes are handled that's important . One small mistake can escalate into a major , major mistake and ruin a business's rep . It's like telling a short story at one end of the table and by the time it reaches the other end of the table it's totally blown out of proportion . If a mistake is nipped right in the bud the mistake and the story ends . Just recently a well know dealer took over 3 weeks to ship me some parts and when I did receive them some of them were wrong . I contacted them and told them of the problem and that I wasn't happy and would be sending the wrong parts back and keeping the right parts but would not be reordering the wrong parts they sent me because I didn't want to wait another 3-4 week for them . I just got a notice saying they credited my credit card the full amount for all the parts right and wrong including shipping . What more could I ask for . I won't be bad mouthing them .

Jack
Butterfly

Post by Butterfly »

I agree with Wildman and HogV8. Most of the Boss Hoss Dealers are upfront and good people. Some go the extra mile and some for one reason or the other some don't. One dealer may do you right and then do me wrong. I do feel that any dealings with any dealer good or bad should be posted. Just tell the truth and be done with it. We could use a scale of 1 thought 10, with 1 being the worst and 10 being the best. If you have troubles with a dealer and are asked about it, then PM that person and tell them what happened. Our problem with a Dealer is all about a dealer not standing up to their promises. He may be great with other Boss Hoss owners, but not with us, so on a scale of 1 to 10, I would have to give the dealer a (1), but you might give him a (10). This way newbies could look at the scores and decide for themselves. We all love our bikes and none of us want to be done wrong, but it happens, no matter how careful we, but by drawing our concluisons, then we can maybe avoid getting into a bad deal. We are here to help each other and by letting te others know about good or bad things and Dealer..in the long run will help us all.

So My score for Summit Boss Hoss is (1)

Butterfly
Butterfly

Post by Butterfly »

Jack
That company did you right, they made a mistake and did something to try to fix it..what more can you ask? They at least tried to do something about it. :)
Butterfly
Butterfly

Post by Butterfly »

Wildman, It is in "how" a business handles things when something goes wrong. As for what happen to Eagle and I..well it was not bad mouthing..we were asked and we told what happened....and yes it has been a rollercoaster ride!!!!! We can show that all that was said was about the bike is the truth....however we can't show where there was efforts made by the dealer to stand up to their promises.... in the beginning we could... but then all went to Hell in a handbasket......this is old news and not to be rehashed... I feel that Others do need to know about a dealer..good or bad...
Butterfly
okie

Post by okie »

I agree also but more should be said about the good guys like Warpony,he dosen't advirtise much and I'm afraid some folks will forget that he works on the Hoss too.
Butterfly

Post by Butterfly »

Okie,
Very true! as well as any others who works on Boss Hoss, Maybe a thread with web addresses would be good..over in the "tech" part?
Butterfly
SRF
Tech Advisorator

Post by SRF »

okie wrote:I agree also but more should be said about the good guys like Warpony,he dosen't advirtise much and I'm afraid some folks will forget that he works on the Hoss too.
This is the fault I see with a rating system. Small dealers that may have very high quality could be easily overlooked or assumed to be bad just because no one took the time to make a post of good service from them. I don't believe there is a dealer that someone will not have something good to say about, and everyone of those dealers there will also be someone with a bad opinion of them. I am not saying not to voice opinions. My opinion is actually more that it is best to learn what dealer is best for what type of service. Some dealers have more specialty products, others may be better for getting factory parts or service. Using the right dealer for your needs may help make your experience better.

Shane
hogv8

Post by hogv8 »

I've owned a Boss Hoss since 2000 and back then I know for a fact and have heard that several dealers didn't even have a mechanic per say . Most were just a one man operation and about all they did was bolt and unbolt sheet metal and accessories . There were the exceptions that actually could do mechanical work but they were few and far between . That and logistics made me my own Boss Hoss wrench .

Jack
Last edited by hogv8 on Thu Jan 17, 2008 3:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.
okie

Post by okie »

Not everyone has your talent Jack,good to know those shops that are known for good work ,better than a pig in the poke
gaston 2005 502

I can do motor work,, but the transmission,, with no manual.. :cry: :oops: :shock: . I did completely disassemble a turbo 400 clean everything as my torque converter disintigrated, and reassembled it, no left over parts and ran fine for several years then sold the car. 158 diagram manual from the library copied and that was one direction, in an apartment patio :roll: :roll: And yes i am electrically challenged but trying. I hate to take things and have idiots work on them though, everyone ends up being pissed

Darryl
Darryl Campbell
hogv8

Post by hogv8 »

The Boss tranny is the only thing I haven't had apart on my bike yet . When the time comes I'll deal with it .

Jack