Forum Sponsored by Chris Cruz Artistry
Steve Taylor

Message for Kimi

Post by Steve Taylor »

Hi Kimi, finally got round to machining your wheel centres :o
KISS

Re: Message for Kimi

Post by KISS »

Damn Steve,i have gooood taste! :o :shock: 8-) 8-) 8-)
hogv8

Post by hogv8 »

Now you need some matching rotors .

Jack
AR

Post by AR »

thats some cool shit Steve!

makes me wonder a little about the design of wheel hubs/centres like what material is it exactly and what sort of calculations are made to determine the minimum dimensions of metal you need for a V8 motorcycle....you cant just punch out any old design can you?

edukate us!
hogv8

Post by hogv8 »

Actually there are some rotors on ebay that are very similar to this wheel design . I know because I bought a set .

Jack
Steve Taylor

Post by Steve Taylor »

PIrate Rob wrote:thats some cool shit Steve!

makes me wonder a little about the design of wheel hubs/centres like what material is it exactly and what sort of calculations are made to determine the minimum dimensions of metal you need for a V8 motorcycle....you cant just punch out any old design can you?

edukate us!
I'd be more worried about the tyres! Many owners fit tyres with an inadequate load rating :shock:
KISS

Post by KISS »

hogv8 wrote:Actually there are some rotors on ebay that are very similar to this wheel design . I know because I bought a set .

Jack
Jack,show me what you bought!
Steve Taylor

Post by Steve Taylor »

These are cool!
Steve Taylor

Post by Steve Taylor »

AR

Post by AR »

Steve Taylor wrote:
PIrate Rob wrote:thats some cool shit Steve!

edukate us!
I'd be more worried about the tyres! Many owners fit tyres with an inadequate load rating :shock:
Well anyway I'm sure there's some engineering behind it all. One things for sure, after seeing some of the designs these guys put out Kimi's wheel looks to have plenty of meat.
http://www.dragway.com.au/s_15.asp :shock:
hogv8

Post by hogv8 »

KISS wrote:
hogv8 wrote:Actually there are some rotors on ebay that are very similar to this wheel design . I know because I bought a set .

Jack
Jack,show me what you bought!

Kimi . I don't know how to post pictures , my wife does it for me but if you go on ebay and look for Harley 11.5 dia Stainless steel rotors I'm sure you will see the one's I'm referring to . I think they were only about $110.00 a set and so far they work great on my bike . However they are not floating rotors . If you can't find them I will have my wife post a picture of mine .

Jack
Tom

Post by Tom »

KISS

Post by KISS »

Thanks Jack and Tom! Those rotors really seem to suit well w the new wheels. 8-) Those that Steve has look maybe too much "high tech" for my old fashion taste. :oops:
hogv8

Post by hogv8 »

Thanks Tom , yes , those are the one's I have . Not bad for the price and seem to be holding up well so far .

Jack
Ric

Post by Ric »

Nice rotors both, the one's Steve made, and the Harley ones. I'm going to need a rear rotor for my '06 BB, by spring time. And have any of you seen what the rear pulley looks like without that chrome disc cover? I'd like to get one or modifiy my existing rear rotor to look like something other than a chrome dinner plate.

"Keep the magic alive!" He said.

Lloydminster, Saskatchewan, Canada
hogv8

Post by hogv8 »

Ric , somewhere in these Logo photos there is a picture of my stock pulley without the the plates that I had CNC machined and added a little bling to . Maybe Mike can post a picture of it .
I just scanned thru the logo photos for about 10 min. and can't find it . If you would like I can have Cheryl post a picture of it .
Jack
hogv8

Post by hogv8 »

Thanks Mike , the stock pulley I had CNC machined was pitted also so I had it silver powder coated after the machining was done .

Jack