First Time You Laid Eyes On Or Rode A Boss Hoss

topics about v8 bikes and their owners
Forum Sponsored by Chris Cruz Artistry
hogv8

Re: First Time You Laid Eyes On Or Rode A Boss Hoss

Post by hogv8 »

I sure hope so Pete . Looking forward to meeting you a seeing that wild ass black and silver bike of yours . I feel in love with what I think was the first Vanquish . It was black and Silver also of course . I'll be in Daytona for 3 weeks including bike week . See you there .

Jack
Ric

Post by Ric »

I am a die-hard motorcycle enthusiast through and through. To a point where I take offense when someone considers my motorcycle a 'toy'. To me, it's a critical part of who I am, and every adult year of my life finds me riding whenever I can, rain or shine. That being said...

I rode an old Shovelhead for 30 years. That old scoot, endured several engine overhauls, many busted parts fixed and replaced. All on a minimal budget. My plan was simple. Feed my children, pay the rent, keep the bike running, feed me last.

At the ripe old age of 16, I was helping my Dad solve an Air Conditioning problem at a Honda motorcycle shop. I was in the attic area where they stored unwanted bike parts, to trace where the control wires went from the Roof top AC down the the thermostat in the show room downstairs. Up in that attic, I noticed a couple of BSA bikes in various stages of disassembly, and noticed a laminated poster leaning up on it's side against one of the Beezers... it was a home made V-8 bike in black and white. It had two sets of rear shocks on the home made swing arm... and two set ups of front suspension as well... likely to carry the weight of an all iron V8 motor. It looked like a contraption right out of the 'Road Warrior" movie.... I LOVED THAT BIKE!!! I begged the guy to give me the poster, but he didn't know who it belonged to... so I was denied.

"Keep the magic alive!" He said.

Lloydminster, Saskatchewan, Canada
Ric

Post by Ric »

So, after going through the typical Honda, Yamaha, Triumph and Norton phase... I bought that old Shovelhead new. I had to sell possessions to get up enough coin to make the down payment.

Many years later... I saw a Boss Hoss bike at a motorcycle show in Edmonton, Alberta, Canada. Turns out it was actually Bryan Wards bike. I didn't know him then. A couple of years later, I stumbled across a couple of Youtube files of Boss Hoss, that rekindled that V8 bike dream. By now, it's a beautifully refined machine! A buddy in Calgary told me that he saw a guy riding a Boss Hoss 350, which blew him away... at Sturgis. Then later that day someone on a 502 showed up. He talked about it every time I went down to visit him. Then I discovered that they were LEGAL in Canada, and Barry Radu had a shop in MY PROVINCE!

A few phone calls later, Barry pretty much talked me into buying the '06 502 over the '07 385HP SB, he had on the floor. Both were about the same price, I think Barry just wanted the BB to go to the right rider. He's one of the most awesome dealers I've dealt with in all my bike shops bizznazz I've dealt with. Thanks BARRY

Just repeating what I said in the Rockymountain Boss Hoss thread... seems more appropriate on this one....

Ric

Post by Ric »

Just got on the Boss Hoss for the first time. Purchased it 'before I even test rode one'! As you can tell... my Buddy Dave who helped me load it, took this pic. He said, "You have the expression on your face of a man heading for the Gallows!"