I Like This Site!

topics about v8 bikes and their owners
Forum Sponsored by Chris Cruz Artistry
zenbiker

I Like This Site!

Post by zenbiker »

I like it!...Easy navigation and the topics are well laid out. Will be here often...Joe
Brenda

Re: I Like This Site!

Post by Brenda »

Yep! I think it's a great site too and VERY laid back! Gotta thank Lennu again for all his hard work and the many hours he's spent to get it up and running so smoothly!
RIDE FREE AND RIDE SAFE!!!

Matt Dynes

Post by Matt Dynes »

I agree!! I especially like the breakdown in categories in the Tech section....good idear! :mrgreen:
Els

Post by Els »

I didn't know whether to post here or on the "Censorship" thread but seeing ol' bud, Doc Joe here....here I is! Great looking site. Hello Joe!

I was right in the middle of the thread on Lamont's site regarding dealers, Milwaukee BH, and the bullshit that Pass-N-Gas was going through. I had first hand information that clearly indicated Milwaukee BH fucked him and others but good. I never did mention them by name because that is simply "bad manners" on that site. In spite of all the dancing around crap or feeling the need to post a$$ instead of "ASS", the damn thread gets blitzed (translation: censored). Clearly a result of one post that pee'd on another dealer but the moderators saw it as enough of a transgression to crap out the whole thread...in spite of a member really being in the weeds. I for one wrote a pointed but professional response to this bringing out freedom of speech issues being so important...especially now, the fact that V8 shoppers and wannabees use sites like that as a reference of what's right and what's not, and it is answered with little more than a "it's my site and I'll do what I want". The moderators for whatever reason are thin skinned and appear to have their heads up various asses. Glad to have that out of my system. Thanks to Tom, I found this site and really like the look. Hard for me to comprehend or adjust to guys who ride badass V8 bikes and trikes but flinch or worse when someone calls a spade a spade. FUCK THAT GUYS.

I'm not going to piss (wow, I can actually say it) on anyone's Corn Flakes more than I have but the goodie 2 shoes, smiley face bullshit associated with the other site is something I'm not always able to buy in to. A good resource, plenty of good stuff both personal and technical, but just not always for me. In the good ol' days, we had a site called "V8 Free Speech Forum". It got pretty crazy at times but also included all the great stuff technically, performance wise and other wise. Yeah, we had some assholes like me occasionally leave the corporate boardroom as far as professional decorum but it was fun, you knew exactly what people were saying and what they were about, and the board self monitored itself. When the concensus thought someone was out of line, they got spanked and reeled it in via their peers, not censors. Ok, maybe it's out of my system now.

Now that the venting and groaning is over, good to be here. Really glad to see some of the old names. Aussie Rob, Joe, Tommy, and a bunch of others I haven't seen yet as I haven't navigated around enough. Appreciate seeing this type of board. No pussies allowed I hope.

Elliot (Elsboss)

Elliot
Image...Todd, North Carolina
Image Image Image
Els

Post by Els »

Joe (or anyone willing to help),

Can someone give me the short version of how to put a picture below your post. Can it be done like a signature? I readily admit to being pretty good on a V8 at the track but extremely challenged when it comes to pictures/computers. PM would be fine so as not to screw up this thread. Thanks,

Elliot
Image Image Image
Tom

Post by Tom »

Hey El..... Glad to see you made it. No censorship shit here. I think this site will grow as people get the idea of what`s going on.
my .02
Boom Boom & Rockstar

Post by Boom Boom & Rockstar »

Elsboss, we also have a big chat. Had a great chat wednesday night. Welcome ti the site.
AR

Post by AR »

Hey Elliot,

yes I fucken live here, so does that asshole 'Wildman' you might remember him as V8BossHoss, Geez the old bastard drops in, Carbmike (AKA Chicken dick Little) regularly warns us of something big that is happening out there but he will be back on planet V8 Earth with us any day now. And there are other yahoo die hards, we even had your shit head mate Kenny sign up but yet to hear his words...er....SHOUTS OF FUCKITY wisdom yet. So its all go here and good to know your back on the V8 wagon.

Aussie.

ps; Pussies should be allowed, in concrete you need the fines & the aggregate. :roll:
zenbiker

Post by zenbiker »

SHIT SHIT FUCK FUCK...Ah, it actually says shit, not shirt or sheet and fuck, not f**k.
Elliot...Your post got me to remember the "Free speech forum" and I actually forgot how good it feels to post what you'd like without thin-skinned, righteous types being offended by four letter words or making value judgements about content. They are all good guys but why the "wholesome" imprimatur. God, recently a guy admitted getting a DUI and he was ripped to shit by some as though he had committed rape!

On another note, I have first hand knowledge that the same dealer charged shit to someone else's credit card and has screwed other people. My point in "allowing" the thread was that we need to be aware of dealers who are unscrupulous. This wasn't a matter of someone being unhappy with the work that was done or a dispute between two sides but failure to provide a paid for title after 3 months!

Glad to see you posting again. I'm looking forward to your eloquent sarcasm....Joe
Els

Post by Els »

Thanks much guys. I'll give it a try here in a moment. Appreciate the help.

Really glad to see/hear a bunch of the old crowd is still coming to these sites. I talk to Geez via email frequently as with Neil. I see Steve Barr often and of course all the SW FL guys although not nearly as often since I moved to NC. I'll be staying south a few months this summer and riding with them as well as a bunch of track time hopefully.

For old times sake I sent V8eyedoc an email and PM but hadn't heard back. Perhaps he'll pop up and stir shit up. I didn't always agree with him but admired his candor.

Guys like Carb Mike being around add a bunch and will certainly help the technical part of the site. Geezer and Neil the same. These guys along with Jeff H. and Fast Eddie bring elements to the board that are worth their weight in gold. I'm not much of a wrench but will bring the real world performance aspects of the V8's to print based on 7 years on and off at the drag track and street dragging these bikes both in stock configuration and highly modified. I remember pissing a lot of guys off who would throw shit out there regarding exploits against Jap bikes, denial that Monte lost convincingly (and embarrassingly) on a 502 to a ZX12R, how all these wannabees talk about smoking tires at 80 mph when shifting, blah blah blah.

Elvis, Rob, Tom and all you oldies, good hearing you via this board again. Perhaps a time warp back to the old Yahoo days. Anxious to meet some of the folks I haven't met via the board or in person yet. Best,

Elsboss (Elliot)
V8Chopper 3.jpg
Image Image Image
Els

Post by Els »

Joe, you are 100% right on. Of course both you and I freely admitted that Lamont can do whatever he wants with HIS site and I respect that fully. I don't have any gripe with Lamont (he's a really good guy) or some of the dumb shit comments that followed up the thread being blitzed. I don't need to mention names for you Joe as you clearly saw and read the comments that were just fucking stupid. Very gratefully, there is an alternative here that enables one to say EXACTLY what's on their mind in the spirit of this great country and the freedoms it affords us. I suggest that the policing that goes on with the other board's moderators are the result of wanting to stay in the good graces of mfg, dealers, etc. Nothing wrong with that but in consideration of what happened to that thread as an example, it ends up being nothing short of censorship and protects the bad guys.

I feel strongly that the thread up 'til the point it was blitzed was one of the motivating causes that got Pass-N-Gas his title. Can't imagine buying a new bike and not being able to tag or title it for 3 months.

WOW, posting pics and navigating here are A-1 !!! Many thanks to the individual(s) who put this together. I really appreciate and admire folks with that kind of talent and generosity!
Image Image Image
Geezer

Post by Geezer »

I think I am really starting to like this board.

Brings back memories of the old days on "Yahoo"
and all the great people that were involved. Mike
aka "Wildman" started that one, and is one of the
founding fathers of this board also....Don't get a
big head, this will be the last nice thing I say about
you :P :P :lol:

Now if we could only get an "Aussie" filter installed.. :P :P

I for one will be donating to the "Sucker" fund, very
shortly.

The Old One
Geezer
bob gbur

Post by bob gbur »

question? is there a donation amount sugested, or do you just do like any other church 10%
zenbiker

Post by zenbiker »

I'm a sucker...I gave money.. The fact is that I would pay a monthly or yearly fee to talk with other V8 owners openly and freely without a hint of censorship...Joe
Els

Post by Els »

Hate the need to be spoon fed not only with picture posting but now with giving bucks (vs Euros). Can anyone tell me how to change the Euro to dollar when I click on the "Donate" (PayPal) button?

Elliot (Elsboss)
Image Image Image
AR

Post by AR »

Geezer wrote: Now if we could only get an "Aussie" filter installed.. :P :P
Geezer
I deserved that. :twisted:
Butterfly

Post by Butterfly »

Hate the need to be spoon fed not only with picture posting but now with giving bucks (vs Euros). Can anyone tell me how to change the Euro to dollar when I click on the "Donate" (PayPal) button?

Elliot, Go here....
http://www.x-rates.com/calculator.html
Right now 20 euros is about $29.2319 in USD
Butterfly
Els

Post by Els »

Got it! Thanks for your help. When not knowing these things, you could either be a REAL popular guy or branded as a cheap skate. For all I knew, $50 U.S. could have been $500 Euro or .50 Euro!

Elliot
Image Image Image
Butterfly

Post by Butterfly »

Elsboss wrote:Got it! Thanks for your help. When not knowing these things, you could either be a REAL popular guy or branded as a cheap skate. For all I knew, $50 U.S. could have been $500 Euro or .50 Euro!

Elliot
I agree! :) When I went to South Korea for a visit, I had to learn how to change dollars into won! I kept a calulator on me at all times, but they were real good at knowing the days exchange rate and could tell you the difference quickly. Some of them did try to cheat me but I was quicker..with my trusty adding machine! :D
Butterfly
Redtro

Post by Redtro »

I like this site also and check in every day. Remember what I have written here. It will serve us well.

I have seen this happen before with other forums. The new site starts off with excitement and usually with a beef about an already existing site not being member friendly. People join in and once the new forum takes a firm hold there is usually a since of power and the need to deal with problems on the new site just as it was on the first site and censorship begins again. You will most likely say that it can't happen, but let me assure you that it can and does almost always. I hope not!

The reason this happens is that people can get their feelings hurt. Sometimes it's justified and sometimes not and someone has to moderate. It's a thankless job that I wouldn't have. I appreciate those that are willing to take on this responsibility and realize that they can make mistakes. Moderators are just like me, sitting in front of a keyboard with emotions that sometimes push me to take positions that are not productive.

Example of a forum that I knew first hand: A new board was set up when a first board began to not only censor posts but also ban members. One of the members on the new forum was caught having an affair with the wife of another of a member of the same new forum. One accused and the other denied (later turned out to be true) in the General discussion area in public. The two were popular, long time members of the first board with many friends and allies and dividing lines were drawn very quickly. Flames began and spread rapidly leaving a few members banned and many people having to be careful what they posted.

The reason I post this is because....years down the road when (not if) things turn ugly and the moderators have to take action, I'll go back to the assurances following this post that it can't happen here and re-post this thread for all to see.....just before I'm banned. :o

Moral of this story: You are off to a good start. Guard your emotions and keep your dicks in your pants where it belongs. This ain't a pissing match and people can get hurt. Because we are so spread out, all over the country, these forums are the only thing that holds us together and helps us with these bikes. People will always have differences. We have to decide not to let them interfere with the reasons for being here! One day, censorship may be the only way to acheive this goal.
ms wannabe

Post by ms wannabe »

I like the site, too! Redtro: You are right that no forum can work without any censorship at all.
I don´t really know where this "no censorship" thing comes from :?
The first thing when I signed up as a member in this forum was to read the "rules" from the welcome section. It doesn´t directly say so much about the censorship, but one can understand that it will happen if you push the limits too much. And like it says there too:
let´s be decent to each others!!!
Butterfly

Post by Butterfly »

:)
Last edited by Butterfly on Mon Jan 21, 2008 1:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Butterfly
Butterfly

Post by Butterfly »

Noted!
Butterfly
Els

Post by Els »

A very interesting thing has occured as a result of these boards. After 50 someodd years of making friends through conventional means, I ended up making numerous, high quality friends as a result of "meeting" if you will on these type of sites. Yep, I see how internet dating got so big! The most significant being the old Yahoo V8 Free Speech Forum (great memories!) but also a hotrod car site and another bike site (crotch rocket variety). The very good friend from the Jap bike board goes back 4 years now and we have become extremely good buds. He even bought property here on our mountain. Another who bought a home here just this summer is a really great V8 bud from the V8 site mentioned above. We've been great buds and same with our wives for about 5 or so years. That being said, these boards are often well more than a place to get some technical know how or read the same old "oil", "tranny", "tires", "windshield" bullshit time after time.

It is also for that reason I like to see a place where one can call a spade a spade. Let's face it, one isn't going to bud up to me knowing I'm a nasty ol', foul mouth type who doesn't appreciate pansy ass pantywaists who are more concerned about upsetting some bad dealers applecart than setting the record straight.

I 100% agree with the notion of "changing the channel if you don't like it" mentality. Let anyone say whatever they want and if it doesn't suit you, go on...end of story. To have morality cops on a V8 bike board?...I won't continue to go there.

Neil Weber (another great friend via the old V8 board and friends in reality to this day) taught me that the V8 bike scene was well more than big motorcycles that go fast, smoking tires, and Friday nights at the drag track. Neil taught me about the "ewww & ahhhh" factor. That there was a charisma, a social aspect, a pride and ego factor, and an entire social thing centered around these bikes. In consideration of such, all the different personalities associated with our little fraternity of badass V8 bikes brings many different styles to the table and it's wrong to constrain what one wants to say or otherwise express via the view and subsequent censorship of different moderators. WE RIDE V8's...LET 'ER RIP!!!

Don't like what I say? Turn the page, tell me to eat shit or whatever. I'm a V8 guy, I can take it. This site totally kicks ass. Love it!

Elsboss
Image Image Image
Butterfly

Post by Butterfly »

Eagle and I met on line in a "Chat" room...and still kicking :D
Butterfly