Winter Ride in Tucson

topics about v8 bikes and their owners
Forum Sponsored by Chris Cruz Artistry
Smoke'em

Re: Winter Riding in Tucson

Post by Smoke'em »

That looked like a lot of work to put together all the bikes and people. Is that CR in one of the pictures? The guy in the helmet next to you with the mustache looks like Victor from California Boss Hoss but bet not. Riding in Arizona is terrific in April through pretty much November for warm weather and hit and miss in other winter months....looked chilly. Where did you ride too?

"Speed costs money. How fast do you wanna go?"
SQ4MN

Post by SQ4MN »

Hey, I got a new avatar. :twisted:

ImageLas Vegas, Nevada
KISS

Post by KISS »

W1LDMAN: "We're back at it again here in Tucson Arizona!! A little winter V8 riding with friends hosted by David and Diedra Ward!! A lot of fun being had riding even though yesterday was a a little cold. Els is sportin' a new springer front end on his cool V8 Choppa. Blew old man Geezer away on my rented Hog yesterday. Geezer riding one of Davids trikes. :lol: Had to feel a little bad about it later when he bought dinner for everyone!! Thanks Geezer!! A lot of familiar faces here and will be posting some more about the riding here this weekend soon. WM"
Shit,that´s not fair! :shock: You guys are riding in the middle of the fucking winter when we loosers have a huge amount of snow and 77f/25c cold! :o :( :evil:
rsz_dsc00327.jpg
Elvis

Post by Elvis »

Thanks WM, more pics please.
Ric

Post by Ric »

Took the back wheel off my bike today, as the temp dropped to -18 with 3" of ice on all of the roads... so I feel much better seeing you people riding! Lucky ducks!

Looks like fun for you cats! Kinda wish I was closer to you guys... so riding all year round is possible. Plus, you can't go wrong with doing lunch and parties with a mob, such as yourselves!

Ride safe!

"Keep the magic alive!" He said.

Lloydminster, Saskatchewan, Canada
Ric

Post by Ric »

Didja notice that Tom C kinda looks like Sam Elliot?

"Keep the magic alive!" He said.

Lloydminster, Saskatchewan, Canada
KrautV8

Post by KrautV8 »

Mike,

Nice to see you all riding - seems like lots of fun! Can make one jelous....

Have a safe ride and continue posting pics, please 8-)

Olaf
Oldun

Post by Oldun »

W1ildman! Thank you very much for the pictures - vicarious travel for those of us stuck elsewhere! :) :) :)
My 100-proof woman
A bottle of 95-proof whiskey
A tank of 90-proof gas
And 502ci of V8 bike
:ridding:
SQ4MN

Re: Winter Ride in Tucson

Post by SQ4MN »

I just got back to Las Vegas from the Tucson ride a few hours ago. What a great time we all had. An extra thanks goes to David Ward for all the work he put in to make sure we all had reservations every night for dinner, a tour each day of something interesting, a route to ride our V8s where you could burn rubber, haul ass or just cruise thru some twisty country roads. Nobody got any tickets despite plenty of blasts well north of the 100MPH mark. I think there was only Mike from California, Roy ( V8 SLINGSHOT) from Arizona on his big block with a new Kewl front fork and 23 inch tire, and myself on Boss Hoss bikes. The rest of the people were on V8 choppers and V8 chopper trikes. Wildman and his wife caught a plane into Tucson and rented a Harley just so they wouldn't miss the fun. David Ward has V8 choppers like cabbage rows and Crazy Rick rode one of them that had somewhere around 600 HP. David rode the most powerful one of the bunch with an aluminum block 600 plus HP weighing in at only about 800 lb. Elliots bike was sporting a new springer front fork and was looking good every time he blasted past me. Tom Chadwell was racing anybody willing and usually beating them, his bike hauls ass and he says its a pretty much stock ZZ4 with nitrous. Stan was riding his own bike for the first time, not a customers and he was having a ball. After spending a few days with Stan Mike and I would recommend that his family have him mentally evaluated as soon as posssible, it takes one to know one and unlike myself and Mike there may still be enough time with the proper therapy to let him remain free in society with as little supervision as an ankle bracelet. Geezer, Gary, Diedra, and Geri were all riding trikes and I think I'm leaving someone out. Roy was riding a Harley and there are a bunch of people I am leaving out that were on V8 choppers. Everybody had a great time and even though it was a little cold the weather was good to us and let us ride without rain. I hope more pictures are posted that will let you see all of the people that were there. I am a new guy and have only been to Miami and the Tucson event with the V8 people and its really been great. Dave/SQUIRM

ImageLas Vegas, Nevada
Els

Post by Els »

That was one kick ass good time. Riding, brotherhood, drinking, hauling ass, great scenery, food, fun. Can't thank David & Deidra enough for hosting and Stan for hauling my bike there.

I learned a lot on this trip. Stan doesn't quit smiling when around friends and getting to actually ride...especially his very own chopper! Doesn't matter who you are or what you're on...he's going to race you. If you're on a BH, he's going to beat you. The ladies who ride V8Choppers (Deidra and Gerry) are every bit as fast as the riders with testicles. Tommy C. has a STOCK ZZ4 with a little nitrous shot that is faster than shit. Love watching those 60+ mph tire smokers he does and the subsequent shit eating grin. Crazy Rick is certifiably "crazy". Quiet but fucking crazy. If I put in writing what he and David did while driving, the Arizona Highway Patrol may come and put cuffs on them after the fact. Dave A. (Squirm) is one of the funniest SOB's I've ever met. Better than any comedy club talent I've ever seen, non-stop funny/witty and a certified sociopath. Mike A. is the ONLY person outside Tommy C. who comes from California and is normal. Geezer is actually a 23 year old who just colors his hair gray. Don't let the nickname fool you. He's also very generous picking up big ass restaurant tabs as was Gerry. Roy W. somehow can make a Harley go faster than a Harley can go. He can also shoot video and take pictures while doing 90 mph on an HD in 30 degree weather with a strong cross wind! Roy (V8Slingshot) always has something nice to say and always smiling. He looks way too clean cut to hang with such a degenerate crowd. Pam is way too good to her ol' man (Wildman). How many of you guys out there could say there's a dirty bike needing some cleaning and have your woman go clean it? And speaking of Wildman, he's a really good dude, however, don't try and have any clandestine phone calls anywhere as he's listening in. A true techno geek and pervert.

I'm undoubtedly leaving out many other things I noted and admired but there's just too much going on with this cool group and all the cool hardware. David really knows how to throw a great bike ride together.

The V8Chopper family is truly a family and very generously welcomes other bikes/owners into the club. I'm very proud to be a part of it and greatly value the friends I've made throughout the V8 community. Thanks again David for a great party and ride and Stan for making the coolest bikes out there.

Elliot
Image...Todd, North Carolina
Image Image Image
Mike A

Post by Mike A »

My hat is off to David Ward and Stan from V8 Choppers. You guys really know how to put it on. The riding and racing was as good as it gets. The dinners and the floor show were just like Las Vegas. Next time I'll bring a circus clown and dave. The clown can fill in when dave takes a breath. The best part for me was being able to get to know you all a little better. I was real surprised to discover that Tom,Gezzer,and Stan all had a hollow leg. I can't wait to do this again in Ok. Tell Stan next time I'll use full throttle.

Mike A :lol:

City of Angels, Los Angeles, California
Tom

Post by Tom »

I made it home at around 10:30 last night and want to extend a big thank you to everyone involved. David is a class act and for sure knows how to throw an event together and accomodate everyone there. The rides were awesome.. the tire smoke was abundant and the crowd was a bunch of the finest people I have ever met.

My chopper really seems to like the juice and it ran way better than I expected. Squirm kept us all entertained and should be on a stage somewhere... funny stuff man!! Mike and Pammy flew in and rented a harley just to be a part of the group... It wouldn`t have been the same without you guys. And the rest who flew in... Elliot.. Geezer... Crazy rick.. All made it and event I would do over again in a heartbeat. What a bunch of extraordinary people I am proud to call my friends
Geezer

Post by Geezer »

All I can say is WOW.

A group of V8 people together is just about as close to heaven that I can
imagine, while still being on this earth.

I would like to personally thank David and Stan for all they did to make this
event possible. They are the most unselfish, giving people I have ever met !!!!

I went to bed last night laughing and woke up laughing at all the great fun we
had. I laughed so much, I may need a face rebuild, which might be a good thing.. :D

I think Tom Chadwell became 20 years younger with his chopper..

To everyone, Squirm, Mike, Tom, Geri, Dedra,Roy, Gary, El, Wildman, Pam,CR,Keith, and
everybody at this gathering, a big thank you for allowing me to be a part of this event.

Geez
Last edited by Geezer on Tue Jan 26, 2010 1:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Els

Post by Els »

Who's "Squid" :?: By the looks of the picture, Squid may have stolen that shirt from "Squirm" ;)

I did know who you meant though :lol:

Els
Image Image Image
hosszz4

Post by hosszz4 »

V8 Chopper wrote:Let's say this weekend was an experiment to see if David was going to get asked to move his trailer to another RV park. It went very very well. I owe a lot to my close friends at the Border Patrol as my time working here has allowed me to learn alot about the area and places to see and places you would want to eat. Frequent trips to the gun range are never a bad thing either. I appreciate everyone who made it down and due to the less than warm weather you guys did not get to meet the rest of my government friends. Special thanks to Stan who carted some serious hardware across the country to help his customers in a time that he really should be building for Daytona. We really did not get to see the good stuff since we had to stay low near what warmth there was. Perhaps another day something could be repeated. Squirm, I checked about the lady on the back row and she is still alive. You are off the legal hook my friend. Kidd, be very very careful about Mr. Chadwell's bike. I think I believe Adrian more than Tom based on the way it runs... I know what kind of power my bike makes and Tom's claims don't exactly add up. He either has more cubes or bigger jets than he claims... That bike is bad fast....

Wildman, thanks for the estimate on the length of rubber (600ft) at 70 - ++. I had not had a chance to ride the bike after discovering that the rear 2 barrels were not opening. What a difference.

I look forward to seeing our friends once again in Daytona.

David Ward
Cool outing....the people are what make the ride!

Cheers
Aldo
Voices in my head this week...Hendrix...Voodoo CHile
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WoAXW30m ... re=related
40 years later..I still get goose bumps listening to this!!

V-MAN

Post by V-MAN »

Sounds like an awesome time, great pictures and stories!
IF YOU TELL THE TRUTH YOU DON'T HAVE TO REMEMBER ANYTHING

CanuckHoss
Site Sponsor

Post by CanuckHoss »

You guys are all very lucky to have gotten togther for a winter blast down the road...would have loved to have joined in...maybe someday...sounded like a shitload of fun!
CanuckHoss

Barry Radu, President Destination Cycles

ImageAirdrie, Alberta Canada

"Just BE HAPPY!! BE HAPPY!! BE HAPPY!!"--Abraham
Els

Post by Els »

Yep, thermostat set to 34 degrees and a 75 mph fan are reminiscent of some of that mountain riding we did for sure :o . In spite of, it was all good to me! Those awesome mountain roads and great scenery helped warm us up not to mention the constant smell of burnt rubber in the nostrils :lol: .

Next time Billy suggests the date though, tell him to (.)<

Els
Image Image Image
hogv8

Post by hogv8 »

Elliot , man that springer front end is wild !! In one of the pictures of your bike parked next to a couple of others with glide front ends what a difference !! WOW !!

Jack
Redtro

Post by Redtro »

hogv8 wrote:Elliot , man that springer front end is wild !! In one of the pictures of your bike parked next to a couple of others with glide front ends what a difference !! WOW !!

Jack
Elliot, I couldn't have said it better myself!
Els

Post by Els »

hogv8 wrote:Elliot , man that springer front end is wild !! In one of the pictures of your bike parked next to a couple of others with glide front ends what a difference !! WOW !!

Jack

Jack/Ricky,

Thanks for the comments. I really like it as well. When I first saw this springer on Billy's trike I went nuts. I'm an ol' soft tail guy from way back and had a HD springer in the early 90's before switching to baggers. Always enjoyed the look.

It has slightly less rake than the conventional forks Stan uses but exactly the same wheel base. It has an entirely different feel. Took me a day of riding to get used to. It's not as quick handling and I'm unsure whether it absorbs more or less shock than the straight forks. Tommy was riding next to me quite a bit in Tucson and said there was lots of action up there.

Stan was unsure whether it would require a bigger wheel/tire than the 21" but it doesn't. The trail ended up being the same and so after about 300+ hard miles through the mountains and speeds to over 100, the verdict is I'm very happy with it 8-) .

Thanks again...

Elliot
Image Image Image
Els

Post by Els »

Someone should have put an ax or chainsaw in Stan's hands for that picture with the face protector :o :o :o

Els
Image Image Image
Smoke'em

Post by Smoke'em »

Wildman, boy those pictures were just great to look at ...thanks..and jealous pete

"Speed costs money. How fast do you wanna go?"
NcChopper

Post by NcChopper »

Thanks for sharing the pics, Wildman!
bosshossulli

Post by bosshossulli »

Hello Mike (WM),

which you must be happy humans, live with so super friends and in so a beautiful country. When I saw the pictures, I wanted to immediately mean job quit and to the USA emigrate,
in order with you and your friends and the BossHoss to cruisen by this beautiful country.

Thanks for the excellent pictures.
Gruß Ulli
Image Image

Only a biker knows why a dog sticks his head out a car window!!!

http://www.bosshoss-ulli.de