Royal Purple - Questions

topics about v8 bikes and their owners
Forum Sponsored by Chris Cruz Artistry
V-MAN

Royal Purple - Questions

Post by V-MAN »

Just a couple questions, since I moved the only distributer of Royal Purple I can find local is Pep Boys. They do not carry the correct weight oil I want and say they can't order it either. I used the last I had and want to re-stock my shelf so I am ready for next seasons changes. I found some on E-Bay for decent price (cheaper then I have paid before). While looking at their stores I saw they carry a RP Chainlube and also a RP Gun Oil. Have any of you guys used either product? What's you opinion on them? I currently use Maxima Chain Wax by Maxima Racing and Weapons Shield grease and oil on the guns. Anybody have experience? Thanks
IF YOU TELL THE TRUTH YOU DON'T HAVE TO REMEMBER ANYTHING

KISS

Re: Royal Purple - Questions

Post by KISS »

I would like to test Max Chain lube here in the wilderness,but we do not have a dealer here,yet! :roll:
Redtro

Post by Redtro »

Don,

A local NAPA here in Tally carries a full line of Royal Purple including the special blend of Tranny fluid my bike uses. I know each store is different, but didn't know if you had tried there.
V-MAN

Post by V-MAN »

Redtro wrote:Don,

A local NAPA here in Tally carries a full line of Royal Purple including the special blend of Tranny fluid my bike uses. I know each store is different, but didn't know if you had tried there.
Ricky -

Yep tried the local NAPA's ... NOTHING. I found some RP at Pep Boys but they have limited weights (of course not what I want) and they can not order what I want. While looking online I found the Chain Lube and Gun Lube by RP, they sound like good products too so I am going to try them out. When I find a little free time I'll locate a dealer and place the order ... their going to kill me on shipping though, just over $100 order and the shipping was TWENTY EIGHT DOLLARS :o that was just for UPS ground shipping. I think in the Spring I will try and convince some local shops to become dealers :D

Don

hogv8

Post by hogv8 »

Don , maybe you could become a dealer . What are the requirements ? My son is a Amsoil dealer and I don't think it's that big a deal . He's big into motorcycle dirt track racing so maybe he has a lot of customers though , I just never asked him .

Jack
V-MAN

Post by V-MAN »

hogv8 wrote:Don , maybe you could become a dealer . What are the requirements ? My son is a Amsoil dealer and I don't think it's that big a deal . He's big into motorcycle dirt track racing so maybe he has a lot of customers though , I just never asked him .

Jack
Jack -

That thought actually crossed my mind. I will see if David can point me in the right direction and maybe fill me in on the requirements. I know if I were home I could sell A LOT of product just because I had so many contacts here in PA I am still "wet" trying but still "wet". Amsoil is a good product, I only had one problem and that was in one of Kim's bike ... made the clutch slip aweful, changed out the oil and all was fine again. :?

Don

CanuckHoss
Site Sponsor

Post by CanuckHoss »

V-MAN wrote:
hogv8 wrote:Don , maybe you could become a dealer . What are the requirements ? My son is a Amsoil dealer and I don't think it's that big a deal . He's big into motorcycle dirt track racing so maybe he has a lot of customers though , I just never asked him .

Jack
What is the price of a quart of Royal Purple in the US??

I am thimking I may just take on a dealership in Canada??
CanuckHoss

Barry Radu, President Destination Cycles

ImageAirdrie, Alberta Canada

"Just BE HAPPY!! BE HAPPY!! BE HAPPY!!"--Abraham
Ric

Post by Ric »

I was thinking of switching to Royal Purple, Barry. But because the BB consumes 1 litre (Quart) in about 600 miles... I was worried about 'cross pollinating' with another brand, should I find myself 'fresh out' on a long road trip. I'd hate to have to drive all over a small town or city to go looking for RP like an Easter-egg hunt... it's bad enough to find Premium fuel in some of the small towns.

"Keep the magic alive!" He said.

Lloydminster, Saskatchewan, Canada
CanuckHoss
Site Sponsor

Post by CanuckHoss »

Ric wrote:I was thinking of switching to Royal Purple, Barry. But because the BB consumes 1 litre (Quart) in about 600 miles... I was worried about 'cross pollinating' with another brand, should I find myself 'fresh out' on a long road trip. I'd hate to have to drive all over a small town or city to go looking for RP like an Easter-egg hunt... it's bad enough to find Premium fuel in some of the small towns.
Ric...I think you can mix-and-match synthetics in a pinch.

I just wanted to offer another option besides the AWESOME Amsoil we already have.
CanuckHoss

Barry Radu, President Destination Cycles

ImageAirdrie, Alberta Canada

"Just BE HAPPY!! BE HAPPY!! BE HAPPY!!"--Abraham
V-MAN

Post by V-MAN »

CanuckHoss wrote:
What is the price of a quart of Royal Purple in the US??

I am thimking I may just take on a dealership in Canada??

Barry -

Depending on oil weight it ranges from $8 - $11 a quart for automotive grade oil, the motorcycle specific oil (I know you sell other brand bikes besides the Boss) is about $15 a quart.

Ric -

You can 100% CAN mix another oil (synthetic or conventional) with Royal Purple in a pinch, I understand you don't want to water down your "good" oil with "whatever" ... just throw an extra quart under the seat when you leave the house, that's what I do. My bike also uses oil but not a quart/600 miles. I know a lot of BB same thing ...