topics about v8 bikes and their owners
Forum Sponsored by Chris Cruz Artistry
Tom

V8 Chopper in cycle trader

Post by Tom »

Els

Re: V8 Chopper in cycle trader

Post by Els »

Nice looking bike. Wonder if it's anyone we know?

Els
Image...Todd, North Carolina
Image Image Image
V-MAN

Post by V-MAN »

:? I don't dig that sissy bar at all, doesn't work on a V8 Chopper at all IMO. Wonder how he has it attached?
IF YOU TELL THE TRUTH YOU DON'T HAVE TO REMEMBER ANYTHING

Els

Post by Els »

Don,

That comes on/off with an allen set screw on each chrome cover at the base. It slips over the frame rail right at the rear lights. On or off in 1 minute.

The nice thing about that setup is there is suction cup seat pad for a passenger that goes on/off in seconds and looks good and you can use multiple sissy packs pointing forward or rearward accommodating solo or two up with carry capability.

I wish I had a picture of Stan's bike set up that way. If you look on the Tucson pictures, you'll see a few shots of how it looks when all components are there.

I agree that just leaving the sissy bar on as shown in the picture of the bike for sale doesn't look that good.

Elliot
Image Image Image
V-MAN

Post by V-MAN »

Elliot -

Thanks for the info on attachment. I saw the bar/rear seat combo on Stan's bike (pic from AZ ride). I'm sure that would be a mandatory accessory if I wanted Kim to ride along with me ... she would not go for just the "lick and stick" at this stage, she likes a back rest. I get away with pulling the Boss' back rest but I have to hear about until I put it back on. I guess the bike for sale the sissy bar looks REALLY tall but maybe that is just an illusion because there is no rear seat on fender and no rider ????? If it comes off that easy he should have taken pics with rear seat/bar installed and then another with just the rider seat in place.

Are there any significant changes made between 07 and present Choppers?

Don

Redtro

Post by Redtro »

...and it's a bagger also! Right Elliot? :lol:
V-MAN

Post by V-MAN »

Redtro wrote:...and it's a bagger also! Right Elliot? :lol:
Was Stan the PACK MULE? :lol:

Redtro

Post by Redtro »

Don,

My bike as the same sissy bar. It can be taken off and on very easily and has the back rest cushion that snaps over the bar. I'm not sure but I believe that all of Stan's rear seats are "lick and stick". I found a "backpack" style bag that slides over the sissy bar with the back rest pad in place and I leave it all on. It gives me a place to put my cigars! :lol: I have no trouble with the rear seat moving around and I leave it on all the time also. Melba rides all day on that setup with no problems. Here is a picture.

Els

Post by Els »

Great pic Ricky. Your bike goes from bad ass solo model to 2 up in a heartbeat as I was telling Don. Great setup.

Don, there aren't many differences between the '07 and new models. The instrument gauge is different and there are some wiring/electrical changes but that's about it. It's hard to argue with perfection ;) .

Elliot
Image Image Image
V-MAN

Post by V-MAN »

Els wrote:Great pic Ricky. Your bike goes from bad ass solo model to 2 up in a heartbeat as I was telling Don. Great setup.

Don, there aren't many differences between the '07 and new models. The instrument gauge is different and there are some wiring/electrical changes but that's about it. It's hard to argue with perfection ;) .

Elliot
Thanks Elliot! I maybe looking in the fairly near future ... I would LOVE to have a Vanquish but little too deep for my pockets. I know Stan is a stand up guy and he has high standards so I would have no hesitation buying one of his bikes. Hopefully I'll be FL bound in a few weeks and I'll get a chance to talk to him.

Redtro

Post by Redtro »

Els

Post by Els »

Don,

Glad to hear you're looking to go to Daytona. Follow the cigar smoke. You'll probably find Ricky, Chris, Gary, Roy and I sitting under Stan or David's awning passing judgement on bikes and babes :lol: .

Elliot
Image Image Image