Els, Photo for you......

topics about v8 bikes and their owners
Forum Sponsored by Chris Cruz Artistry
Crazy Rick

Els, Photo for you......

Post by Crazy Rick »

One sweet looking ride. :)
Only those who have been OVER the edge, know where the edge actually is. The rest of you are just guessing !!
MY Retirement Plan is to "DIE BEFORE RETIREMENT"

CR http://photos.v8bikeservice.com/
NcChopper

Re: Els, Photo for you......

Post by NcChopper »

Yeah boy!!!
hogv8

Post by hogv8 »

Man , that springer is something else !!!

Jack
Els

Post by Els »

CR,

You got me frothing at the mouth to get on the Hell Bitch and ride :twisted: . Can't tell you how cool 8-) it was for Stan, David and you to drag my ride around the country like you're doing. Tucson, Chicago, Daytona...my bike is more well travelled than I am!

Last pics I saw were in the same setting as you show here but using it as a back drop for the bean bag toss and even worse, your indoor target shooting. I vaguely recall a picture of either you or David hanging the target bullseye on my bike :shock: . Glad to see you guys are lousy shots as I don't see any bullet holes :lol: .

Thanks for the pics. Thank you guys for the nice remarks. I'd say all that myself but it doesn't sound right. We'll just leave it that Daytona ain't going to be soon enough! Best...

Elliot

Image...Todd, North Carolina
Image Image Image
Wild Bill

Post by Wild Bill »

That front end is SICK!!!

Just when I thought I couldn't possibly want a V8 Chopper any worse, this comes along!

I loved the springer front end on the V8 Chop Trikes, but it REALLY love it on the bike!!!

Can't wait to see it live in Daytona.

Bill
"A true hotrodder wouldn't be content until he had created a vehicle so violent, so hairy, so totally sick that the very act of dropping the hammer would result in instant death. Anything less results in the need to go faster." - Tony DeFeo
V-MAN

Post by V-MAN »

Elliot -

That really is a sweet looking ride! Can't wait to see it in person ... Daytona bound I hope!

Don
IF YOU TELL THE TRUTH YOU DON'T HAVE TO REMEMBER ANYTHING

Els

Post by Els »

Hi Don,

I couldn't be happier with the look of the chopper with the springer. I just need to be careful not to go over the handlebars. The trim hardware for the springer is beautiful but lethal. Real pointy end caps.

If the comment "Daytona bound I hope" was about me, I'm definitely going. If it was about you, I sure hope you are too. Been a long time since we visited there. Bring it on!

Elliot
Image Image Image
hogv8

Post by hogv8 »

Elliot . I can't see the caps that well in the picture but if they are pointed and it were mine I would change them . It wouldn't take away from the looks if they were flat or rounded . I've seen other bikes with pointed riser caps and all kinds of other pointed things and to me it just doesn't make any sense . I know it's none of my business but I cringe just thinking about what could happen .

A couple of years ago when a lady pulled out in front of me and I had nowhere to go but T bone her front wheel well I went over the handlebars . If there was anything pointed on my bars it definitely would have fucked me up instead of just a couple of broken ribs .

Jack
Els

Post by Els »

Jack,

You'll see these in Daytona and you'll shit. There are four end caps. Two are pointed but not sharp. The other two are scary sharp. If someone even leaned on one of them, it would probably go through flesh like a hot knife through butter. That may be part of the "whoa shit" factor but it has concerned me. Need to take a long hard look and see what alternatives are out there. In the meantime, it will definitely get some; "that is some nasty shit" type remarks.

E
Image Image Image
Crazy Rick

Post by Crazy Rick »

Yo, Els, I forgot to tell you about the long burnouts David and I ripped off on your bike. The front end does just fine well into tripple digits............. :lol:

Just kidding Bro, you can unload the gun now.... :roll:

CR
Only those who have been OVER the edge, know where the edge actually is. The rest of you are just guessing !!
MY Retirement Plan is to "DIE BEFORE RETIREMENT"

CR http://photos.v8bikeservice.com/
V-MAN

Post by V-MAN »

Els wrote:Hi Don,

I couldn't be happier with the look of the chopper with the springer. I just need to be careful not to go over the handlebars. The trim hardware for the springer is beautiful but lethal. Real pointy end caps.

If the comment "Daytona bound I hope" was about me, I'm definitely going. If it was about you, I sure hope you are too. Been a long time since we visited there. Bring it on!

Elliot
Elliot -

I can't see the endcaps in any of the pictures posted but from your description they sound nasty. I bet they do look good and I'm sure they add to the WOW effect.

Right now Daytona is 95% or more a go for me. The only thing that would prevent me from being there is if something happens with my Grandparents. I spent a full day moving snow so I could get access to my trailer. I have the trailer parked in their back yard and it sits back about a football field length from the road with 2.5 - 3 feet of snow.

Don
IF YOU TELL THE TRUTH YOU DON'T HAVE TO REMEMBER ANYTHING

Els

Post by Els »

CR,

There are very few I'd not give a 2nd thought to ripping some smokers on my chopper. You're one of them, David's another so no problem 8-) .
Worn out Metzler WAY better than bean bag dings or bullet holes :lol: .

Don, I loaded up the dogs yesterday morning and plowed roads here all day. Some 5' drifts that the big Caterpillar motor grader bottomed out on. Much snow/ice from the past weather that turned to rock and couldn't scrape. It was sunny while doing it but 18 degrees and windy. Yeah, we're both ready for Daytona eh?!

Just got word that Neil and Robin will be coming to Daytona for the weekend and staying at the condo. It's going to be a good party as always 8-) ...

E
Image Image Image
hogv8

Post by hogv8 »

Back in the 70's I had a little side business making several different style pointed spear tips out of alum. and sold them to guys to bolt to the top of their helmets which made good weapons by the way . It aways made me smile to think of a guy stuck head first in the ground or a tree after being thrown from their bike for some reason . I sold them for $20.00 a piece and I sold a lot of them . I also made pointed axle caps but the helmet spears were my biggest seller . Now when I go to a biker rally or swap meet I see pointed tips a dime a dozen for everything you can imagine from license plate nuts , wrist bands and even lip piercing jewelery . Maybe I should by a small CNC machine and go back in the business . :lol:

Jack
Paul H

Post by Paul H »

Has anybody weighed the springer, Yet???
Over what the inverted forks weight.
Being the old stick in the mud that I am
I like the cleanliness of the inverted forks.

Paul H