Spy VS Spy

topics about v8 bikes and their owners
Forum Sponsored by Chris Cruz Artistry
Ric

Spy VS Spy

Post by Ric »

Do you recall the old Mad Magazine cartoons where the white spy or the black spy always set each other up in an attempt to 'bomb' 'blast' 'shoot' otherwise beat the other spy, and it always back fired?

I've been on the V-8 websites for a couple of years, and have met some of you cats. And hope to meet most of you if that's possible. Many of us are older than 30, and who knows how old the oldest dog in this pen is...

I find it an awesome place to visit and fire off loquatious banter back and forth. Humor is often 'off the wall' and we often get into opinion battles based on our own belief's and taste.

But I find us 'edjamicated mob' tends to fall into the pot-holes of 'un-winnable' battles.

To name a few.

Car Tire VS Bike Tire.
Bike VS Trike.
Chopper VS Cruiser.
The very mention of NESCO - brings all of the above into play. Unprovoked!
One color paint VS Flashy paint.
Factory VS End User.

I've studied a few of the 'heated threads' for awhile now. And often see where some of them go astray. A key word. or words. "I like choppers for the following reasons.... *garble, garble, garble, garble." That's the 'trigger' I see in some of the responses. They already formed their opinoin without hearing what was completely said. It seems as though we 'pick up on' a key phrase... and run with our 'initial instinct' I've done it.

Then the battle is on... and eventually we argue long enough to recover with a few apologies... and all seems well again until the next battle.

I love visting and posting on these sites...Just putting that thought out...

THIS thread is in NO WAY a question of anyone's opinion or intelligence. It's just a long term observation.

"Keep the magic alive!" He said.

Lloydminster, Saskatchewan, Canada
Steve Taylor

Re: Spy VS Spy

Post by Steve Taylor »

I like to see the different opinions and reasons why, V twin, V4, V8, Blonde, Brunette, Redhead (my favourite), which ones best and why. I think it would be boring if everyone was the same. I think I see what you mean though Ric, people don't always take the time to read the post properly before reacting and can take offence when it isn't meant.
If you don't see different opinions, views, how can you learn and broaden your horizons?
SQ4MN

Re: Spy VS Spy

Post by SQ4MN »

I love it when we get deep into the unwinable bullshit. The more people in the fray the better. It aint nothing but fun and it lets people really try hard to get others to agree with them. Kind of like pissing against the wind but lots better than watching a fly die around a bulb. The good thing about V8 riders is they aint followers and they got strong individual opinions, especially the ones on this site. Dave

ImageLas Vegas, Nevada