RIP David Henderson

topics about v8 bikes and their owners
Forum Sponsored by Chris Cruz Artistry
Princess

Re: RIP David Henderson

Post by Princess »

We are so sorry to hear about the loss of David.That was such a tough way to go and tragic too.We will keep Dorcas and David's family in our thoughts and prayers.
hdtrader

Post by hdtrader »

I am very sorry...my condolences to all of his family and friends!

Randy
Randy
Huntsville AL
addicted08

Post by addicted08 »

Ron & I were saddened to hear the news about David. We got to know David and Dorcas over the past few years at the LaCrosse rally and really enjoyed riding and talking with the both of them. David had such a fun sense of humor. He will be greatly missed. Our thoughts and prayers go out to Dorcas and the family.
Ron & Deb
gaston 2005 502
Location: South Texas & Working Around the World, Across The Nation And Up Your Street

Post by gaston 2005 502 »

I remember them from my trip to lacrosse in 08. Prayers sent for David and for his family to help get through this loss.

Darryl
Darryl Campbell
Crazy Rick

Post by Crazy Rick »

Karen and I send our thoughts and prayers to David, his family and to all that love him.
CR
jnolson

Post by jnolson »

God Bless David & Dorcas. Gary & I were with them riding on sunday. We had the most perfect of riding days, blue skys, beautiful scenery & great company. It's totally amazing how in the blink of an eye, God can take someone you care about. He was doin what he loved, totally!!!, & the doctor assured us that he did not suffer. David is in Heaven now, doin burnouts forever, but it is us, the one's who loved him that are doing the suffering, feeling the loss of a great & unforgettable man. You will be truely missed David & your memory will live on forever. Ride on!!!!
jnolson

Post by jnolson »

DAVID J. HENDERSON David J. Henderson took his last ride on Sunday September 12, 2010. He loved riding motorcycles on the Midwest plains or in the mountains. Lake Koocanusa, Montana was a favorite spot. Sailing was another passion. He was a watch captain on �Thirsty Tiger� and just completed his 35th year in the Chicago to Mackinac Race. Dorcas Valade was his other love. They have shared life for the last 14 years and have traveled around the states, often by motorcycle. David was born on July 29, 1947 in Joliet. David is well known in the Joliet area as an entrepreneur in the Commercial Real Estate community. Employed at Coldwell Banker Honig-Bell. Member of the National Assoc. of Realtors, Illinois Assoc. of Realtors and Three River�s Assoc. of Realtors and former member of the Joliet Rotary Club. He is survived by Dorcas Valade; her son Patrick (Marian) Logan; a sister Barbara (Jim) Gudmundson; brothers Bruce (Paula) Henderson, Scott (Jody) Henderson and Jim Henderson. Numerous nieces and nephews also survive. Funeral Services will be held Saturday September 18, 2010 at 11:00 a.m. at the Blackburn-Giegerich-Sonntag Funeral Home. Visitation Friday 3-8 p.m. Memorials may be made to Easter Seal Rehabilitation Center of Will-Grundy Counties, Inc. 212 Barney Dr., Joliet, IL 60435.
Elvis

Post by Elvis »

R.I.P David
A quiet man, with a quiet smile, we'll miss you.
hogv8

Post by hogv8 »

Was Dorcas riding on the bike with him or does she have her own bike ? Apparently not or someone would have mentioned it .

Jack
jnolson

Post by jnolson »

Dorcas was on her own bike that evening. I just got done talking to her & she is doing well considering.
GRLPWR

Post by GRLPWR »

Sue here, Stretch's other half...we are so saddened to hear this awful news...prayers to Dorcas and all family and friends hurting now. We had the pleasure of meeting him this year in LaCrosse and had a few excellent breakfasts with him @ Fayze's. A good man he was to get up so early to breakfast with us simply because Dorcas wanted him to. A good man for sure.

Hoping the above breakfast pic actually comes out, as we haven't done this much.

Our hearts go out to you Dorcas. We feel privileged to have met you both and ridden with you both during LaCrosse.

Sue & Stretch