Christchurch NZ,,,

topics about v8 bikes and their owners
Forum Sponsored by Chris Cruz Artistry
gaston 2005 502
Location: South Texas & Working Around the World, Across The Nation And Up Your Street

Christchurch NZ,,,

Post by gaston 2005 502 »

Internet says new round of earthquakes in Christchurch,,, Brian,, you OK?
http://www.foxnews.com/world/2011/02/21 ... w-zealand/#

Prayers sent

Darryl
Darryl Campbell
Oldun

Re: Christchurch NZ,,,

Post by Oldun »

Bad, sad news indeed from Christchurch. More fatalities by a order of magnitude at least compared to the last (recent) one, and more damage. Hope Brian and family and friends all doing OK. A lot of families will be having a bad night in many ways... thoughts with them all.
My 100-proof woman
A bottle of 95-proof whiskey
A tank of 90-proof gas
And 502ci of V8 bike
:ridding:
AR

Post by AR »

Hey Rene,

Currently midnight, raining, and big aftershocks still happening.
Oldun

Post by Oldun »

(Posted also on other site)

Thanks very much for the concern, and the thoughts and prayers offered. Sadly, there were more fatalities this time round; on a personal note and fortunately my wife's family escaped unharmed, and there were quite a few of them living there.

The hospital staff are working around the clock obviously, as is everybody connected with helping the homeless and trying to restore normal services. A lot of houses have been flattened or otherwise rendered uninhabitable, it appears much worse than the last time in terms of damage.

Not to in any way minimize the significant disruption for so many thousands of people for months to come, but it could have been worse considering the magnitude and relative shallowness of the earthquake.

Hoping Brian and Sue and NZ Boss Hoss team and families have gotten some rest in the last few hours... must have been a worrying night.

Not that we need the reminder, but when stuff like this happens, it does reinforce the healthy wisdom of "Carpe diem" and remembering to hug the people we love, my friends...
My 100-proof woman
A bottle of 95-proof whiskey
A tank of 90-proof gas
And 502ci of V8 bike
:ridding: