That's a Sickening Picture

topics about v8 bikes and their owners
Forum Sponsored by Chris Cruz Artistry
V-MAN

That's a Sickening Picture

Post by V-MAN »

Mike -

When this picture flashed it made me sick in my stomach! Hope there wasn't a lot of damage ...

IF YOU TELL THE TRUTH YOU DON'T HAVE TO REMEMBER ANYTHING

CanuckHoss
Site Sponsor

Re: That's a Sickening Picture

Post by CanuckHoss »

That is an old picture...still not good to see it again
CanuckHoss

Barry Radu, President Destination Cycles

ImageAirdrie, Alberta Canada

"Just BE HAPPY!! BE HAPPY!! BE HAPPY!!"--Abraham
V-MAN

Post by V-MAN »

w1ldman wrote:Image

V-Man, It wasn't as bad as it looked! The front brake had lost its prime and when I started to push back out of the trailer it shot out like a rocket. I had just got done with 1500 bucks worth of work to it and was headed to Sturgis the next morning. I thought it was trashed so I took a couple shots with the camera for the insurance company before I drove the van up next to it and throwed a cable tool to it and brought it back to its wheels. Got a couple of scratches that you probably wouldn't see unless I showed them to you. I was laughing about it the next day and never made a claim.

Good to hear no damage - even looking at it now knowing there was no damage I still get that "sick feeling". :( I think it was a good idea to get pictures before righting it for the insurance co, not sure I would have thought about it enough to do!
IF YOU TELL THE TRUTH YOU DON'T HAVE TO REMEMBER ANYTHING

Swiss V8

Post by Swiss V8 »

w1ldman wrote:Image

V-Man, It wasn't as bad as it looked! The front brake had lost its prime and when I started to push back out of the trailer it shot out like a rocket. I had just got done with 1500 bucks worth of work to it and was headed to Sturgis the next morning. I thought it was trashed so I took a couple shots with the camera for the insurance company before I drove the van up next to it and throwed a cable tool to it and brought it back to its wheels. Got a couple of scratches that you probably wouldn't see unless I showed them to you. I was laughing about it the next day and never made a claim.
I can tell a similar story with my ride.

The pictures didn't look good. I shot e few before getting the bike upright. They'r on my broken PC at home...

The insurance finally payed around 2000CHF to repair my tank and a new muffler and some minor stuff.
Martin

BHRA President Europe
hogv8

Post by hogv8 »

You can imagine how I felt one morning back a few years ago In Dayton when I looked down from our 6th floor condo and saw my partially covered Boss laying on it's side in the parking lot below . 75 MPH gusts of wind had blown my covered Boss up off it's kick stand sometime during the night and over against a new Chevy suburban and then flat on the ground . Cheryl and I ran down there and were able to stand it upright . It fell on the right hand side and apparently laid there for some time because most of the tranny oil had leaked out the vent into a huge puddle inside my ripped and torn bike cover . What a mess with the wind and rain and all . There was a ding in my tank and a broken mirror on my bike but the Suburban had a caved in door ($1000.00 )so I had to call the Police and my insurance co . and report the mishap .
I think the cover on the bike acted like a sail and helped blow it up off the kickstand and over .
Took me all day to get my bike cleaned up and squared around so now I use a bike crutch under the right frame whenever I cover my bike for the night in windy weather .

Jack
hogv8

Post by hogv8 »

Mike , your right , they don't seem all that heavy at that moment .

Jack