Bob and Dee

topics about v8 bikes and their owners
Forum Sponsored by Chris Cruz Artistry
Swiss V8

Bob and Dee

Post by Swiss V8 »

At Saturday, 25. June; 17:30 I got the news that Bob and Dee had an accident in Germany.

They crashed in a roundabout.
Dee is OK but shook up.
Bob is in the hospital with some broken ribs. More tests are running.

I will post when we know more.
Martin

BHRA President Europe
AR

Re: Bob and Dee

Post by AR »

Thanks for the news Martin and please keep us informed on Bob's progress. Roundabouts and V8 bikes have never mixed too well.

AR.
Noodles 434

Post by Noodles 434 »

Prayers sent for Bob and Dee's full spedy recovery.
All be safe in Pullman Harz.

Darryl
Boom Boom

Post by Boom Boom »

hope they are on the mend by now..WTF are roundabouts for anyway..one of our guys crashed on a roundabout due to the woman cager that didn't know where to go..Boom
bob4108

Post by bob4108 »

Well we finally made it back in the U.S. on Friday nite, 15th, and was a good feeling to be home. I ended up with 7 broken ribs, 2 of which were broken iin multiple places, torn rotator cuff, damage to liver, bladder and kidneys and a rather annoying 7 day stint with a chest tube. Half of my body looks like a rather nice painting in pure violet from the bruising. Total of 6 days in ICU and another 9 days in the hospital. Fortunately my wife Dee was thrown clear and sustained only some major bruising.
To all my German friends THANK YOU SO MUCH we couldn't have made it without all the support. And you should be commended on a great hospital system. The hospital in Koblenz was everything it was supposed to be and with a very caring staff.
I definetly advise all who travel overseas to get an additional travel insurance policy as none of these hospitals deal with insurance. Its cheap,$75, and was a great help working thru the system and arranging a flight home.
Hopefully in the next few weeks I will be getting around better and maybe make the rally in Tenn. Thanks to all on both V8 sites for the best wishes I certainly needed them. :D
ImageImage
hogv8

Post by hogv8 »

Bob , glad to hear you and Dee are back home and healing . Take care .

Jack
Clint44

Post by Clint44 »

Bob,that was a helluva tumble you and Dee took. Just glad you're both alright and back home.
Maybe the latest issue of the Boss Hoss Country mag will help put a smile on your face.
Clint & Sherry
2006 Boss Hoss 57 trike (sold)
502wingman

Post by 502wingman »

Glad you are doing better and made it home safe. I was so shocked when I got the news of your accident. To bad you missed Pullman City. There will be another time. Hope to see you soon in Florida.
Peter
Peter the WingMan
Backnang, Germany
Puff

Post by Puff »

Bob and Dee,

It was great to see you in Koblenz,
even if it WAS in a hospital !
Glad you are home safely, and hope
you heal well.
Great article in BH Country !!!