A weekend getaway

topics about v8 bikes and their owners
Forum Sponsored by Chris Cruz Artistry
addicted08

A weekend getaway

Post by addicted08 »

Ron and I decided to take a little trip this weekend, we had business in Eastern Iowa so we brought along my Boss Hoss trike to go for a ride. We wound up riding from Anamosa, IA where J&P Cycles is located over to Savannah, IL. This is as we were crossing the back waters before the Mississippi River.

This is the bridge that takes you across the Mississippi and into Illinois. It has a metal grate kind of deck. Makes for quite a bit of noise as you drive over it but it sure looks neat!

We got to Savannah, IL and drove through the main part of town. Saw the Iron Horse Saloon was pretty busy and just up the street from the Saloon was this funky little car.

From Savannah we headed north toward Galena, IL. It was a beautiful day and the views were amazing. We came to a scenic overlook that had this really neat tower but unfortunately it was closed (the ladder from the ground up to the 1st floor was missing!) so you couldn't climb up to the top for what I'm sure was a stunning view of the country side!

This is what the country side looked like from the back seat of my trike.
addicted08

Re: A weekend getaway

Post by addicted08 »

In Galena, IL we just drove through town and found a road that looked like it had potential and followed it. Turned out to be quite pretty.

Then we came upon this old school building that had been renovated and turned in to a bar. It is called The Old School Saloon. We had to stop for a drink and some pictures. The guy that renovated it did a really good job of it.

After a drink and pics we continued on and came to New Diggings, WI. It is a tiny little burg and is one of the oldest towns in WI. The tavern/general store was built in 1844! We had a bite to eat there before we headed for Dubuque, IA to spend the night.

This morning we had a nice ride back to Anamosa, IA. Another beautiful day driving through the country. In Anamosa we went to Scooters for lunch and then we went to see the Hill Climb Competition that was nearby. I had never seen a Hill Climb Competition before. It was really fun to watch, I would definitely go to another one!

So that was our little weekend getaway. Always so much fun to see things from the motorcycle!