BLOWER(S)

topics about v8 bikes and their owners
Forum Sponsored by Chris Cruz Artistry
Els

BLOWER(S)

Post by Els »

Going to try getting some blower pics here...
Gary's blower.jpg
Gary's blower 2.jpg
Image...Todd, North Carolina
Image Image Image
Els

Re: BLOWER(S)

Post by Els »

Ahhhh, gotta say I love this site. I've been trying to do that kind of stuff for years unsuccessfully. Now, for some meat with those pics...

The pics in the post above is Gary's Weiand 144 on a smallblock Chevy. He's also using about 175 hp nitrous shot. Highly modified smallblock with forged pistons, Crane cam, roller cam and rockers, and WTF@#$%* heads. The bike flat out hauls ass better than any I've seen excluding some of Marv's stuff with one exception...Marco Mike's bigblock posted a better time than Gary at the IHRA track in Immokalee Florida one night. Very close both running high 5 second times and mid 130's mph if my feeble memory serves me correct. If Mike is reading this stuff, perhaps he can jump in (come on Mike, give Gary a spanking here!).

Gary is selling this bike I believe for around $25,000.00 but he took the blower off (left the NOS) thinking it may be too much for someone. He would also sell it installed but with a "BEWARE" clause in the sales receipt, ha ha. I thought a guy from Norway was buying it but as of a few days ago, Gary didn't have a firm commitment. For that money, this thing kicks ass. It is btw, the number 1 or 2 V8chopper when it was transitioning from Kannon. It is probably titled as a Kannon and I believe '05 model although it may be an '04.

The pics below (I hope) is when I thought I'd do the same. I ended up chickening out because of the frame, radiator and other modifications and just went cam, carb, and head "stuff". My bike pictured was the #1 or #2 bike to Gary's. It's the one on my signature at the bottom.
Secret project 2.jpg
Secret project 3.jpg
Secret project 4.jpg
Secret project 4.jpg
Image Image Image
AR

Post by AR »

Now...Thats what we are talking about! :twisted: Great pics and incentive to continue with my own secret project.

Thanks Elliot.
Els

Post by Els »

Hey Rob, since I'm on such a roll with picture posting, here's something of interest. I put a Magnuson 112 (Eaton) blower on my SSR. I thought I was going to use a centrifical super charger until I found this "Maggie". I thought with any roots blower I was going to have to cut a hole in the hood of the truck and didn't want to. This thing is too cool. Super low profile intake with intercooler built into the intake. The blower drives from the rear. This is on an otherwise stock LS4. If you're looking for low profile.....
edited Maggie 1.jpg
edited Maggie 2.jpg
edited Maggie 3.jpg

In an almost stock LS4, we were getting 443.85 RWHP with a real mild tune and not nearly the boost we could have used. I wanted to preserve the integrity of the LS4 and use (I think?) less than 8 lbs of boost at not quite 6,000 rpm. I don't use this truck at the track 'cept once in a blue moon but rather use it with me wife for dinners out and cruising the parkway.

I'm wondering how this setup would do on a bike!

Elliot
Image Image Image
AR

Post by AR »

Elsboss wrote:I'm wondering how this setup would do on a bike!

Elliot
Ok heres the deal, you send it over & I'll stuff it in me bike :| ok?
Mike

Post by Mike »

ein wunderbares bike.

können wir nur träumen hie rin ""old-germany"" 8-)
Els

Post by Els »

I'm not 100% sure of what Mike said but it's probably ok, ha ha. The "smiles" character gave it away.

Rob, that's the big problem with the Magnuson. The damn thing polished is over $7,000. It's good for perhaps 110 - 125 hp generally speaking which makes a nitrous kit a whole load more interesting if it's simply the hp someone's looking for.

The whine that blower makes is a whole different deal though! That's just about worth the bucks alone!

Elliot
Image Image Image
Els

Post by Els »

Mike, thanks for the translation. About the only German I know is "machen" and "beer". So as to not get off the BLOWER(S) subject, I'm going to take your "friends abroad" to a new thread...

Elliot
Image Image Image
KISS

Post by KISS »

That´s Joe Ruberts Blower bike no 1!Nice pic WM!The bike is in Denmark now.
Els

Post by Els »

Interesting how they chose to set these bikes up. Instead of having the scoop sitting up there so prominent, I personally would have chose to raise the tank some and expose the blower. No one can see the actual supercharger, pulley, or belt.

I couldn't make out the black piece in back of the radiator? I sure would be interested to know the specs on that motor. That was possibly the aluminum smallblock Kim referred to?

Absolutely beautiful bike! That sure shows a different line of thinking than the factory does today.

Elliot
Image Image Image
hogv8

Post by hogv8 »

I think those black things along side of the radiator are those baker wing wind deflectors .

Jack
Els

Post by Els »

Jack, you may be right. Seems like they should have used plexi instead of the black. I'd sure like to see and hear that one run.

Elliot
Image Image Image
gaston 2005 502
Location: South Texas & Working Around the World, Across The Nation And Up Your Street

Post by gaston 2005 502 »

Elliot and all,

Noticed a blower bike on Ebay

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/rebuilt_ ... 0193964195

Darryl
Darryl Campbell
Els

Post by Els »

Darryl,

Jack Phillips had emailed me that one yesterday. I was really intrigued studying the ad. It's a lot more bike than it first appears. Some very unique detail to the paint and I suspect the motor.

I did notice it had a "rebuilt" Florida title which indicates it was either wrecked or a stolen recovery. As I recall, it is an '05 model rebuilt last year.

Elliot
Image Image Image
AR

Post by AR »

Elsboss wrote:Darryl,

Jack Phillips had emailed me that one yesterday. I was really intrigued studying the ad. It's a lot more bike than it first appears. Some very unique detail to the paint and I suspect the motor.

I did notice it had a "rebuilt" Florida title which indicates it was either wrecked or a stolen recovery. As I recall, it is an '05 model rebuilt last year.

Elliot
my queries would be;

did they have to modify the frame?
142 or 144 weiand...did they have to grind off any of the casing?
plus about 20 others....i'll never find out. :cry:
Els

Post by Els »

Hmmm, a pair of "blowers".

E
Image Image Image
Elvis

Post by Elvis »

Two Blowers :lol: And what a BUTT.
How about 4 Blowers
Attachments
ToooMuchhhh.jpg
Last edited by Elvis on Sat Feb 16, 2008 8:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.