Checking in

topics about v8 bikes and their owners
Forum Sponsored by Chris Cruz Artistry
Imzz4

Checking in

Post by Imzz4 »

Hello friends, I finally got around to checking out this new site thanks to Elliot ,and with some help from Bill then. Haven't posted much of anything for sometime, but, I've been building a new trike even though progress has been up and down for sometime.
Some bad tranny problems with the 408 last year put trike building on the back burner . Once that was resolved and running great again, riding it or the Harley made it degrade into "turtle progress" for awhile.
After a good part of the trike fabrication was finished ,and a test coast ride down a big hill (with a junk engine block)was successful, I thought it would be neat to build a new front half of the frame ,and rake it a little and clean it up,and go 4 in. over with the fan behind the radiator . That was a real challenge and happily that part is nearly finished.
And on my first post I sure want to thank Neil for his help and input during all my v8 bike adventures. I always enjoy bouncing ideas off him to get his opinion ! He was only wrong once but I forget what that was about....

time for a beer...jeff
Elvis

Re: Checking in

Post by Elvis »

Heya Jeff, welcome back.
hogv8

Post by hogv8 »

Hey Jeff . I just want to say that Jeff has given me tons of Tech help and ideas also on my Bike over the years . Thanks Jeff .

Jack
ElsV8

Post by ElsV8 »

Jeff, really good to see you post here. Having folks like you on this board checking in as able and available as friends and a tech resource is invaluable. In spite of the V8 owners having become much more knowledgable over the years relative to the nuts & bolts of these bikes, there's still volumes of information and potential problems that we don't know :dunno: . Having the people who have checked in here help walk some of us technically challenged types through the ropes is invaluable and appreciated :thumbup: .

I appreciate you copying me in to your progress and all the pictures you send Neil and others. Your trike will be something else when you're done. There are a number of machinists out there but few with the attention to detail you have not to mention you being an anal perfectionist to the highest degree :ten:

Hope you're able to make Daytona or some of the other get-togethers. Been too long since we visited. Glad you're here.... :capwin:

Els

.................... "Too Much Of A Good Thing Is Not Enough"

... Image
lifelongfixer

Post by lifelongfixer »

Hello Jeff,

Good to see you here. Your wisdom and technical knowledge will be appreciated by all.

Just a few words for those of you who don't know about Jeff's Trike project. It started life as a BH two wheeler. However, any resemblance to that bike is gone. It is now an Independent Rear Suspension Trike using a Jaguar rear end with inboard disk brakes. And...power brakes for the rear. It will use a 32, BH Trike body and has a four speed automatic with a lockup torque convertor, if I remember correctly. The front end is raked similar to a V8 Chopper. And in Jeff's usual style it will have fabricated handlebars and just about everything else made by Jeff. I don't think the motor specs are locked in yet so we have to wait for Jeff to tell us about that.

I hope I didn't steal your thunder, Jeff. I just wanted the folks to know a little about your masterpiece. :D
Neil
Imzz4

Post by Imzz4 »

Thankyou for the kind words guys. I'm guessing since everything takes longer to do than you'd think, I'll be lucky if i get it done by fall. My dear wife is already routinely referring to it as the "10yr project"... she's just mad since time in garage equals no time for honey do list.

I am trying to make everything myself which is interesting when you have a blank canvas. If its not right then you have to kick your own ass. I'm just a garage tinkerer and spend allot of time figuring out how I'm gonna figure it out. Thats why i really value the opinions of the Weberizer and many others.

The motor is a 383, and still just a rotating assy in the stand. I'm leaning towards a Thumper cam , and maybe the Atomic FI. I finished the new front half of the frame using 120 wall 4130 and stuffed the downtubes with 1 1/4" tubing . I have more tubing sections in the small remaining portion of the stock frame in the rear half that needs replaced.. Someone went crazy with a grinder trying to clean up welds, and left a butcher job. Thats about where it sits. And thats about enough typing too for now. thanks jeff
ElsV8

Post by ElsV8 »

:picsorban:

... Image
hdtrader

Post by hdtrader »

Hey Jeff...I like your Pugs. They're either sleeping or looking for something to eat...ya gotta love em.

Randy
Randy
Huntsville AL
KISS

Post by KISS »

hdtrader wrote:Hey Jeff...I like your Pugs. They're either sleeping or looking for something to eat...ya gotta love em.

Randy
phpBB [video]
Imzz4

Post by Imzz4 »

I'd have one more pug ,but that makes having them taken care of when its vacation time more of a problem . yep they are allot of fun ,except for the snoring ! Between them and my wife, I do allot of couch time.
Imzz4

Post by Imzz4 »

ElsV8 wrote::picsorban:

Elliot, how about the first pics of the trike?? What a mess
Attachments
Jag trike 011.jpg
Jag trike 001.jpg
Jag trike 004.jpg
V8Bikers
Site Admin

Post by V8Bikers »

Jeff, thanks for the initial pics, always nice to see a project's progression from the ground up. Looking forward to seeing more! Also, when you post additional photos can you start a new thread under the Builders Garage forum? I just want to keep all the build projects under one roof for quick reference. Thanks! :D

DeLand, FL.

"This is just one of the many reasons I love V8Bikers; able to openly display T&A, curse, say what you will;
able to be a fucking man here. Thanks Bill" - Grand Canard
ElsV8

Post by ElsV8 »

Imzz4 wrote:
ElsV8 wrote::picsorban:

Elliot, how about the first pics of the trike?? What a mess

Jeff, those are pretty wild :shock: . It's been a bunch of fun tracking your progress since those days. The detail and finese you're putting into this independent suspension trike is going to make it worthwhile one day.

Heading to the General Topic category to see where it may show that Olaf may make an appearance at Daytona 8-) ...

Els

... Image
Carl La Fong
$ite $upporter

Post by Carl La Fong »

At one point, I suggested that an IRS, like a Jag or a Kugel, would be nice in a BH. I was informed by the All Powerful Oz that the suspension, that Dyersberg used, was perfectly good, well engineered and rode like a cloud.
Visit My Blog-Carl La Fong, Boy Genius™
http://jkcallin.blogspot.com/
V8 Perv
Super Perverator

Post by V8 Perv »

Carl La Fong wrote: I was informed by the All Powerful Oz that the suspension, that Dyersberg used, was perfectly good, well engineered and rode like a cloud.
Then it sounds like Oz is a rather misguided individual.

Oh Shit I forgot we are on a free speech forum so I can say
what I actually mean. What a FUCKING JOKE!

....Johnston, Iowa
Imzz4

Post by Imzz4 »

I'll have to post some more pics in builders garage , and you can decide if you think this setup is good,bad , ugly, fugly, or don't really give a crap ! So far it's been a great learning experience and challenge for sure. It's allot of fun when things seem to go just right. And enlightening when the "oh crap %^$&&^*$#@ " events pop up. One day,like all projects, be it whatever, it all comes down to pushing the start button for the first time and getting the best reward . (hopefully) ha ....
petitemoose

Post by petitemoose »

Your choice in Pups is excellent IMO. I have always had a pug since I was a kid and have loved each and every one. The last one we had was put down last year unexpectedly and we still miss him dearly. We have two other dogs ( Red Nosed Pit and Black Mouth Curr ) so there isn't room for a third.
As a noob, You can bet I will be reading and learning as best i can as I figure out how this bike works and how to fix it when it doesn't. Thankfully, I have guys like you and the rest of the guys that posted in this thread to go to!
Who says building a border wall won't work?!? The Chinese built one over 2000 years ago and they STILL don't have any Mexicans ...