love wags help board

topics about v8 bikes and their owners
Forum Sponsored by Chris Cruz Artistry
Boom Boom & Rockstar

love wags help board

Post by Boom Boom & Rockstar »

this might be of interest and maybe Wag can find some info..last year when we got our bike we thought the insurance was a good price..we went this year to see if we can find a better deal..we have AAA for our autos but they would not insure a 3 wheel trike so he sent me to an underwriter..the guy gave us a better price but I didn't like the 5K medical..thought it was not enough if we dumped the bike..if we wanted 100K medical would cost about 300$ more a year..also our health insurance, at our place of work doesn't pay if it is an accident, which I know happens in some state.. the agent said motorcycles come under the pedestrian law in Michigan...I have never heard of that ...I guess that means our personal health insurance would have to take care of our medical bills...????? that is if an auto was not involved in the accident...anyone else have problems with insurances??? by the way love your help board Wag very good stuff.
AR

Re: love wags help board

Post by AR »

yep, he's the constant in a world of change. 8-)
Els

Re: love wags help board

Post by Els »

I insured both trikes in FL with State Farm. We never discussed the 2 vs 3 wheel aspects. Simply insured it in the "bike" class vs auto.

Having spent almost 30 years in the insurance business (including health) down south, I've not heard of an exclusion if it's an accident. That's pretty weird (and bad). In the big scheme of things though, you couldn't buy a $100,000.00 health plan covering multiple persons for $300.00 a year. That unto itself sounds worth it and I'm not sure what choice you have if your primary health plan excludes accidents.

Wag's help board is fantastic!!! What an asset!

Elliot
Image...Todd, North Carolina
Image Image Image