What's in your tool kit?

topics about v8 bikes and their owners
Forum Sponsored by Chris Cruz Artistry
V8Bikers
Site Admin

What's in your tool kit?

Post by V8Bikers »

I would to get a list of tools/parts that you carry on the bike. Lately, I have been pretty lame in that respect - usually carrying a set of allens and an adjustable wrench. With the new bike, I would like to start fresh and compile a more complete set. Also, does anyone have the pre made tool kits?

DeLand, FL.

"This is just one of the many reasons I love V8Bikers; able to openly display T&A, curse, say what you will;
able to be a fucking man here. Thanks Bill" - Grand Canard
Carl La Fong
$ite $upporter

Re: What's in your tool kit?

Post by Carl La Fong »

If you look on my blog, you can see that when I redid my bike and I added the Odyssey battery, the tool and battery box became quite large. I have a 1/4 and 3/8 drive socket set, half a dozen end wrenches, Allen sockets, pliers, 6 and 12 inch Crescent wrenches, the 12 inch is modified to open wide enough to remove the rear axle nut, 4 way screwdriver, a Swiss army knife, a small roll of electrical wire, fuses, bulbs, extra relays, rags, throttle cable and a few other things, I'm sure. It may be overkill, but I should be able to handle any normal problem that crops up
Visit My Blog-Carl La Fong, Boy Genius™
http://jkcallin.blogspot.com/
hogv8

Post by hogv8 »

Right from day one I noted every tool I used in my garage to fix or replace certain things or check things on my bike and tried to compile a duplicate set of tools within reason to carry on my bike . Some times having the simplest tool can save you a lot of grief if you break down out in east bumfuck .

As far as spare parts go I carry spares of just about everything within reason that has been known to break or fail .
Puff

Post by Puff »

I am following Jack's lead.
:goodidea:
Bill Van Sant