Questions for the members

topics about v8 bikes and their owners
Forum Sponsored by Chris Cruz Artistry
V8Bikers
Site Admin

Questions for the members

Post by V8Bikers »

I am curious as to why many members who are registered on both sites continue to start conversations on the other site instead of here. :bawling:
For those that do post or even post duplicate - thanks! :thumbup:

I have noticed that many members on the other site complain about the heavy moderation, altering and deleting post's, can't say shit, ass, whatever and not even a tit shot. Yet, there seems to be more activity over there?? :frustrated: We offer just the opposite here. Free wheelin' fun, don't have to walk on eggs and can post just about anything. Maybe it is because a lot of members do not know about this site or have had a bad experience here in the past- lets see if we can get more activity here- please spread the word :thanks:

I have recently made another change to the site. You no longer have to sign in unless you want to post. :) I hope this might entice some members (new and old).

Does anyone have any suggestions?

DeLand, FL.

"This is just one of the many reasons I love V8Bikers; able to openly display T&A, curse, say what you will;
able to be a fucking man here. Thanks Bill" - Grand Canard
petitemoose

Re: Questions for the members

Post by petitemoose »

That is a good question that I do not have a good answer to. I have started a thread or two over there but did not duplicate over here because it would be redundant. Upon reflection, it wouldn't be for ALL. I have found things over there and brought them here just to share.
I do check both boards about twice a day and am happy when i see something here I can join in on.
I will try and become more active with posting instead of just responding :)
Who says building a border wall won't work?!? The Chinese built one over 2000 years ago and they STILL don't have any Mexicans ...
Carl La Fong
$ite $upporter

Post by Carl La Fong »

I think it is odd, as well. I believe, in some instances, it may be because the poster doesn't want to upset some of the gods on the other site. They see it as being, perhaps, treasonous. A "them" and "Us" deal. Yer either fer us or agin us. My reasons for not posting "there" have been discussed in earlier posts, so I will not elaborate. To be honest, I would post there, but there has not been a single thread, since I left, that was compelling enough to warrant a reply. Just the usual trans fluid and oil discussions, along with the mutual ass kissing and verbal fellatio. I am sorry that I don't post here more often. My bike is done, so there's little to talk about, from a tech standpoint. I've been up to my ears in another, non bike, project so I haven't been riding much at all. So little, in fact, that i have to go out and fire it up a few times a month just to blow the cobwebs out. When the kitchen is done, maybe I'll get out more often, break something or run out of gas, and have a story to tell. I'll try to make the story funny.
Visit My Blog-Carl La Fong, Boy Genius™
http://jkcallin.blogspot.com/
V-MAN

Post by V-MAN »

Bill -

I don't really don't have an answer for you ... sorry. I don't post much on any boards I visit (V8 or not). In my opinion this board is easier to follow without all the BS posts found on the other site! It appears that many of the heavy posters would prefer to "post" then actually ride. I've been a member over there for 10 years and I have less posts then guys that have been there 1 - 2 years!

Just my thoughts ...

Don
IF YOU TELL THE TRUTH YOU DON'T HAVE TO REMEMBER ANYTHING

v8 billy

Post by v8 billy »

Bill,
I check all 3 sites daily. I do not post much on either site, but enjoy reading all. Most of my posting is around the bike rallies trying organize V8 rides and meet & greets. Speaking of that are you and Susan doing the Boss Hoss rally at Paris or Thunder Beach?
Keep up the good work.
Billy
.................Image

.....................................Image
Carl La Fong
$ite $upporter

Post by Carl La Fong »

Three sites???
Visit My Blog-Carl La Fong, Boy Genius™
http://jkcallin.blogspot.com/
petitemoose

Post by petitemoose »

That was my question ... 3 sites for V8 Bikes?? LoL pretty soon we will have one for each cylinder!!
Who says building a border wall won't work?!? The Chinese built one over 2000 years ago and they STILL don't have any Mexicans ...
hogv8

Post by hogv8 »

He must mean V8bikeriders.com, V8bikers.net and V8Choppers on face book .
v8 billy

Post by v8 billy »

I counted the BHRA site as one. You guys did not think I could count they high did you.
.................Image

Elvis

Post by Elvis »

Harold Blocker
Outdrank the Perverator

Post by Harold Blocker »

Bill, I am the world's worst to just read what the others post and fail to contribute myself. I visit the site regularly, but post little. I too will attempt to be more "productive". I have eliminated a ton of little bugs on my bike and trike....right now very little to report as both are running great. Hope to see a ton of folks in Paris!
Harold Blocker
Southeast Missouri
hblocker@clgw.net
ImageImage
V8 Perv
Super Perverator

Post by V8 Perv »

Bill, If I only knew how to post pics from my cell phone directly to your site like we can on Facebook
I would do much better about posting. I do try to con Deb into posting as much as possible but from watching her I don't think I will ever get the hang of saving shit to photo bucket and then downloading pics here.

But maybe the world is a better place without seeing the pic's from my phone?

....Johnston, Iowa
Iron Maiden
The Better Half !!

Post by Iron Maiden »

Hey Perv -you got me thinking so I opened the site from my phone -opened this post -pressed "reply" scroll down to "choose File" it then opens your camera roll. Select your photo - then click "Add the File"

Here is a photo I selected and yes this is a rare photo of Bill in my rearview mirror -LOL! This works the same way on your PC - no need to put pictures in photo bucket just select directly from your PC.
Attachments
IMG_5285.JPG
Last edited by Iron Maiden on Sun Aug 11, 2013 7:56 am, edited 1 time in total.

V8Bikers
Site Admin

Post by V8Bikers »

Ron, just to verify, this works on the iphone. If you have an Andriod I would be curious if it works with them. Would love to see your phone pics. 8-)

DeLand, FL.

"This is just one of the many reasons I love V8Bikers; able to openly display T&A, curse, say what you will;
V8 Perv
Super Perverator

Post by V8 Perv »

Ok I read this and it all sounds foreign to me but I read it to Deb and she says she understands. She has a I Phone and I have an Android and we will be experimenting.

Maybe the world will get to see my cell phone pics. :shock:

....Johnston, Iowa
v8 billy

Post by v8 billy »

Maybe Bill and Susan can give me a lesson on down loading pictures at Biketoberfest ?
.................Image

Iron Maiden
The Better Half !!

Post by Iron Maiden »

v8 billy wrote:Maybe Bill and Susan can give me a lesson on down loading pictures at Biketoberfest ?
Definitely!' But if you or anyone else needs anything before Biktoberfest Bill or I can help over the phone. Call anytime 386-985-0630

w1ldman

Post by w1ldman »

Last edited by w1ldman on Thu Aug 08, 2013 11:56 pm, edited 13 times in total.
V8 Perv
Super Perverator

Post by V8 Perv »

Wildman, You fucker what did you do with that picture?

Guess I should expect that kind of behavior from an
Obama supporter.

....Johnston, Iowa
Toastie

Post by Toastie »

I have been in and out for some time.

I have been very busy for the last 2 years. Time does seem to fly fast as we get older.
I have only made 1 post on the other site. Just to pass a hellow on by a fellow V8 rider that stopped by my house 1 day. I was ignored by the one who I passed the message to and the other jack asses in there.

I might seem harsh in saying that, but when 1 idiot bullshits the forum, and most others swallow the his bait, l really didn't find the need to defend myself and rather enjoyed the dribble that followed.

I have been V8 less but not bikeless. I haven't ridden since the Hoss left, not even a ride on my brothers BMW. The ultra sits in my shop. When life straightens its line out in my life, l will be riding again. But it wont be on a Hoss. I really have a hankering for a Vanquish. The V8 Chopper isn't my character. The roads here aren't nice either.
Iron Maiden
The Better Half !!

Post by Iron Maiden »

Hi Toastie-glad to see you posting!! You mentioned that you wish to acquire a vanquish -nice choice. Let's hear more about what you are looking for and would love to hear about the v8 you previously had.

Toastie

Post by Toastie »

I had bought my 502 brand new in '06, and made the choice to sell it after 6 years.
A turn in the economy made me choose to sell, and invest in my business. The economy has worsened which is the shits.
V8Bikers
Site Admin

Post by V8Bikers »

Toastie,
nice to see you posting again and hope that the economic climate changes soon for your business.
Mike Kelly had a 930 HP big block during Biktoberfest in Daytona :maninlove:
Attachments
Biktoberfest 2013 (29).JPG
Biktoberfest 2013 (26).JPG

DeLand, FL.

Toastie

Post by Toastie »

I missed posting really.

In the years I had my BB, I wasn't really into the burnout thing. The cops up here have this thing called road racing and stunt driving. It can get real ugly fast.

In the 6 years, I never replaced the back tire, and it was still good to go. The front tire was another story.

The reason l like the Vanquish, is its style. Most of all the bike is custom to its rider. The Hoss was not. When l sat on the SB, l was so uncomfortable. With the BB and having the footpegs slid all the way up, it still seemed too short. The handle bars were terrible.

The tranny was never an issue for me. The heat was never an issue. The brakes were less than adequate. Power ? Neverrrrrrrrrrrrr LOL

The suspension and its representation from Boss Hoss was aweful. Aldan however dealt with me personally and they were great. I swapped out the factory springs and went heavier, better but no. Went heavier again, better , but no. Swapped in heavier, great when L rode solo, and almost great with Cheryl on the back. A world of difference. Hats off to Aldan.

The insurance companys up here in Ontario, stopped insuring them. That's the hitch or bitch.

I seldom used reverse and the switch on the handlebar gave up the ghost.
The front brake switch was worse than the personality of a housecat. It worked when it felt like it.

Biggest issue from new was the Demon carb, it went bye bye for a Holley, end of problem there. I never had a battery issue, ignition prob, nothing there. But l loved low RPM cruising. More people (older) talked to me than the young crowd. Going slow got me so much respect. Besides, they loved to hear the cam roll. So did I, LOL

The only thing the drowned the exhaust note was belt squeak. Adjusting the wheel became a real pain in the ass. As soon as it was gone, it would start again.

The insurance was the writing on the wall and so was work.
I plow snow and do general landscaping. So I sold it and got more equipment. Maybe the insurance Gods will return.
Gila

Post by Gila »

Hey Toastie ,,, Make sure you check into adminisable units to Canada before you consider a Vanguish ,,, I was fired up on ordering one in ,,, talked to Mike Kelly about it (Great Guy) ,,, but once I checked into bringing to Canada it was a deal breaker ,,, not saying it's impossible ,,, but won't be easy ,,, Mike