changing the 57 trunk

topics about v8 bikes and their owners
Forum Sponsored by Chris Cruz Artistry
Boom Boom & Rockstar

changing the 57 trunk

Post by Boom Boom & Rockstar »

went 2 dealership this am to take our airhorns down..at dburg meeting talking about making 57 trunk shorter..some are having trouble when they pack their trunk and it jams up the lock inside and they can't open it and have to take it off at the top hinges. won't take away from square footage will make it somewhat deeper and the lock higher to prevent jamming up..also advantage of making the trunk fit better,less to line up..just thought i'd pass on this little bit of info..
Els

Re: changing the 57 trunk

Post by Els »

Here's what I had in the "trunk" of my '57 trike :twisted:

Elliot
trike 9.jpg
Attachments
trike 9.jpg
Image...Todd, North Carolina
Image Image Image
Tom

Post by Tom »

Now that`s puttin good use to wasted space... Didn`t that make the tires wear funny though? :roll:
Els

Post by Els »

At the track Tom, I'd go through a set of 325 Hoosiers in one night. That was the '57 I traded for with Breedlove. I used Big Red as a trade, then traded him another bigblock to get Big Red back, then sold the trike after having it about a year and a half. It was a bunch of fun. Last dyno sheet had it making over 550 RWHP on the juice. I miss that one.

Elliot
Image...Todd, North Carolina
Image Image Image
Boom Boom & Rockstar

Post by Boom Boom & Rockstar »

gosh Elsboss, I was thinking more on the suitcase,extra clothes and extra harley boots level..haha