BRITISH BIKE RIDE

topics about v8 bikes and their owners
Forum Sponsored by Chris Cruz Artistry
SQ4MN

BRITISH BIKE RIDE

Post by SQ4MN »

Twice a year in sunny southern california there is a ride called the HANSEN DAM RIDE. It's primarily an old British bike ride but in the last ten years its become a huge event with any and all types of bikes new and old. I would say that now only about half are old british bikes. VINCENT, BSA, TRIUMPH, NORTON, ARIEL, ROYAL ENFIELD are just some of the old british bikes. Plenty of vintage as well as modern Japanese bikes and Italian and american bikes are also in abundance. I have ridden my vintage bikes as well as my V8 Chopper and Boss Hoss on this event over the years. Its a real twisty ride thru mountains on two lane mountain roads and can be a handful on our V8 bikes but to the amazement of the other riders they make it just fine. This year two of my friends that some of you know rode the ride with me Carl LAfong and Stan. LaFong rode his Boss Hoss and Stan rode his vintage Kawasaki that is a copy of an old Triumph. We had a great time and it was a great ride. I attached a picture of my 62 Triumph that I rode on the ride. I wish I took pictures on the ride but I forget the camera. If ever one of you who likes the old bikes wants to join me on a different type of ride you're welcome to come.
Attachments
62 TR6.JPG

ImageLas Vegas, Nevada
Carl La Fong
$ite $upporter

Re: BRITISH BIKE RIDE

Post by Carl La Fong »

It was a nice ride and a nice day. Lots of really cool bikes. Triumphs being in the majority, as they were always the most popular Brit bike and so many have survived. There were plenty of others, many of them not even British. My favorite was a baloney slicer Guzzi Falcone. Italian weirdness at it's best.
Dave's TR6 is beautiful. I think there's a law that no dust or dirt is allowed to land on it.
Next time, I'll remember the camera
Visit My Blog-Carl La Fong, Boy Genius™
http://jkcallin.blogspot.com/
SQ4MN

Post by SQ4MN »

John, our club is having a Christmas dinner on the 21st so I'll be there a couple of days early. If you want to come let me know, you can bring your wife too if you want. It's in Semi Valley.

ImageLas Vegas, Nevada
V8Bikers
Site Admin

Post by V8Bikers »

Looks like a great ride guys, another ride to add to the ever growing list. Dave, the TR6 looks like a show piece! Glad to see you are out enjoying it
Here is a few videos I found from the 2012 ride:

phpBB [video]

phpBB [video]

DeLand, FL.

"This is just one of the many reasons I love V8Bikers; able to openly display T&A, curse, say what you will;
able to be a fucking man here. Thanks Bill" - Grand Canard
Carl La Fong
$ite $upporter

Post by Carl La Fong »

SQ4MN wrote:John, our club is having a Christmas dinner on the 21st so I'll be there a couple of days early. If you want to come let me know, you can bring your wife too if you want. It's in Semi Valley.
I sent you a PM
Visit My Blog-Carl La Fong, Boy Genius™
http://jkcallin.blogspot.com/
V-MAN

Post by V-MAN »

Beautiful bike Dave!!!!! Watching Bill's video looks like a lot of fun too ... I guess if they let you guys riide Boss Hoss' and Kawasaki's maybe they would let me ride one of my Beemers :group_hug: If you remember, give me a little notice next year!

73 R60/5 Velorex Sidecar
IF YOU TELL THE TRUTH YOU DON'T HAVE TO REMEMBER ANYTHING