December 7th

topics about v8 bikes and their owners
Forum Sponsored by Chris Cruz Artistry
Carl La Fong
$ite $upporter

December 7th

Post by Carl La Fong »

Today is Pearl Harbor Day. The media doesn't care. The antics of Kim Kardashian are far more important to real Americans than a generation of heroes who are slowly returning to the ground. We will never see men like them again.
I salute all the vets
John Callin 21st Ohio Independent Light Artillery
John Callin US Army Air Corps European Theater of Operation
John Callin 1st Battalion 1st Marines Delta Co. RVN 67-68
Last edited by Carl La Fong on Sat Dec 07, 2013 12:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Visit My Blog-Carl La Fong, Boy Genius™
http://jkcallin.blogspot.com/
hogv8

Re: Decenber 7th

Post by hogv8 »

Big Amen to that .
V-MAN

Re: December 7th

Post by V-MAN »

Thanks for your service and all other veterans
IF YOU TELL THE TRUTH YOU DON'T HAVE TO REMEMBER ANYTHING

Iron Maiden
The Better Half !!

Post by Iron Maiden »

:what_he_said:
The news may have forgotten but my Facebook newsfeed is loaded with Pearl Harbor tributes. :thanks:

Carl La Fong
$ite $upporter

Post by Carl La Fong »

There was a nice article on Yahoo about the survivors and their annual ceremony at the Arizona. It said that there was no flyover due to budget cuts. Yet our esteemed POS POTUS and his piggy wife can fly anywhere they want at our expense. Hey , Douchebag in Chief, how about freeing up a few gallons of fuel and a half dozen pilots for ten minutes to honor these brave men and the ones entombed at the bottom of Pearl Harbor. Just the sight of this guy makes me want to puke.
Buck
$ite $upporter

Post by Buck »

While I was in military school,. grades 9-12, one of my math instructors was the surviving commanding officer from the Arizona, Rear Adm. Fuqua, he was awarded the Medal of Honor for his actions on 12-07. There were a couple of tv shows about his life. Was a sight to see when he was in his full dress whites with the medal around his neck. I appreciate it more now than way back when.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Samuel_G._Fuqua

Buck
Last edited by Buck on Sun Dec 08, 2013 10:56 am, edited 3 times in total.
Puff

Post by Puff »

An uncle of mine was at an outpost
above Pearl Harbor the day it was bombed.
He told me he tried to shoot the "meatballs"
on the undersides of the wings of the Jap planes
with his rifle. It was fabulous to hear him
describe his "bird's eye view" of the battle.
R.I.P. Uncle Harold and thanks for serving !
:usa:
Bill Van Sant

petitemoose

Post by petitemoose »

"We will never see men like them again."

I have quite a few friends and family the are / have served. I appreciate their service and remind them as often as I can ... not just on National Holidays. I thank you for your service and anyone else that has / is serving. Without you, this nation would certainly be speaking a different language!

My Brother in law was with the 4th Infantry until 3 months ago and he served 20 years. He has done 4 tours including "The Sand Box" and I must disagree with your last statement. I had the pleasure of meeting some of those he served with and I assure you that there are those in today's military that are every bit as dedicated as those You served with and we pay homage to. I was visiting My Sister and Him a few weeks before the Ft. Hood Incident where that piece of shit killed all of those innocent people. I know exactly where everything went down as I was there not too long before it did. He was in the building next door receiving a graduate degree from a University with my then pregnant sister and my older brother in the audience. When the first shot rang out, He along with a few others ran out of the building and were first responders to the event next door. I was allowed to read the now classified report and will not share more but I tell this little story to give an example as to the selfless acts today's men and women do.
Today's military is a different climate but I sleep well knowing there are still patriots "watching my back"

I completely agree that today's population certainly have forgotten the sacrifice that our military makes to provide / maintain our freedom. I am frustrated that our media seems to think that some scripted reality show BS is more Important than an Important Historical event and honoring those that were involved. SHAME on them!!
As for the Piece of Shit in Chief ... well don't get me started!!
Who says building a border wall won't work?!? The Chinese built one over 2000 years ago and they STILL don't have any Mexicans ...
Clint44

Post by Clint44 »

My father was in the Army Air Corps in WWII,with the 509th Composite Group on Tinian. His B-29 took photos and atmospheric samples over Hiroshima and Nagasaki,right after the bombings. Dad was an incredible man.
Clint & Sherry
2006 Boss Hoss 57 trike (sold)
GordonBH

Post by GordonBH »

My father was a tail gunner in Halifax bombers in a squadron mainly piloted by Canadians. He survived 2 tours over Germany and France and was very glad when the US entered the war.

We must never forget their sacrifices.
Gordon from England
EAGLE

Post by EAGLE »

:iagree: :usa:
Sleep In Peace Tonight!
EAGLE!!!!!
Carl La Fong
$ite $upporter

Post by Carl La Fong »

Buck wrote:While I was in military school,. grades 9-12, one of my math instructors was the surviving commanding officer from the Arizona, Rear Adm. Fuqua, he was awarded the Medal of Honor for his actions on 12-07. There were a couple of tv shows about his life. Was a sight to see when he was in his full dress whites with the medal around his neck. I appreciate it more now than way back when.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Samuel_G._Fuqua

Buck
I spent about half an hour, reading about Samuel Fuqua.
Barack Hussein Obama doesn't deserve to smell his farts