Remember Where You Were 50 Years Ago Today ?

topics about v8 bikes and their owners
Forum Sponsored by Chris Cruz Artistry
Ravinsomniac

Remember Where You Were 50 Years Ago Today ?

Post by Ravinsomniac »

To think about it, it was kind of scary when you were told JFK was shot and killed. Do you remember where you were, and what you were doing at the moment you heard it, a half century ago ?
Carl La Fong
$ite $upporter

Re: Remember Where You Were 50 Years Ago Today ?

Post by Carl La Fong »

I was on my way from gym class to metal shop. I remember our principal, a black man, was crying. Very scary and confusing, given the political climate at the time.
Visit My Blog-Carl La Fong, Boy Genius™
http://jkcallin.blogspot.com/
hdtrader

Post by hdtrader »

I was sitting in 6th grade class when the school principal decided to play the live broadcast detailing the tragic event over the intercom system. It was one of those unforgetful moments...
Last edited by hdtrader on Sat Nov 23, 2013 7:32 am, edited 1 time in total.
Randy
Huntsville AL
Geezer

Post by Geezer »

I was in a high class pool hall.
At the age of 18. Really got to me.

Have followed it for years..........

Conclusion..LBJ...........sticks in my
mind.

with the things going on currently, all
I can say, is lock and load...........sad

Geez
Last edited by Geezer on Mon Nov 25, 2013 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Ravinsomniac

Post by Ravinsomniac »

I was 8 years old and at home, sick with a cold and was lying bundled up on the living room couch watching our tiny little black and white TV that my Father bought in the 1950's. After I heard that Kennedy was shot and killed, I yelled to my Mother who was in the kitchen. She came out, watched the news report, sat down and started crying. It was very emotional. I also remember the "duck and cover" drills we had to do in Elementary School if we saw the bright flash from a nuclear blast.
randy burkey

Post by randy burkey »

I am too young to remember when Kennedy was killed, But following the anniversary coverage and seeing footage of JFK, It saddens that we as a country we lost such a great president that not only respected the people he represented , But also the office he held.. unlike today....very very sad....
phpBB [video]
Ric

Post by Ric »

Both my parents were in the Canadian Military. I was sitting in the M.I.R. on a military base (Medical Inspection Room), I was having my hand stitched up (I was about 4 1/2 years old then. I remember the buzz around the Medical clinic kinda scared me a bit… because a 4 years old… I thought my problem was the big deal… And even the doctor was upset about the news. Although our political system is a bit different… we followed all U.S. policies all of our lives.

"Keep the magic alive!" He said.

Lloydminster, Saskatchewan, Canada
GordonBH

Post by GordonBH »

I was 8, also at home watching a B&W bulbous TV and even in Scotland Kennedy's strength reached us and it was mainly talk on the TV- none of the terrible video we have seen since. But my Mum and Dad (both WW2 vets) hung their heads, Mum cried softly but a Scots Dad never did so he just looked the saddest. I didn't figure it all out until I was a teenager. But even that far away it affected us all.
Gordon from England
SQ4MN

Post by SQ4MN »

I was in Houston Texas, I rode my knucklehead chopper there from Los Angeles. I was 20 years old and had just got my Merchant Marine card (long story) and since it was near the holidays I was told to go to Houston and I could probably get my first ship as the guys with seniority would probably stay home for the holidays. I got one, it was the LYKES BROS ship and it was hauling grain to EGYPT, leaving the following morning. Kennedy got shot and they cancelled all shipping for a few days, I lost my spot and never caught another one.

ImageLas Vegas, Nevada
EAGLE

Post by EAGLE »

I was three years, one month and four days old but I remember the black and white news coverage like it was yesterday and how upset my Mother was..........
Sleep In Peace Tonight!
EAGLE!!!!!