"Friends Abroad"

topics about v8 bikes and their owners
Forum Sponsored by Chris Cruz Artistry
Els

"Friends Abroad"

Post by Els »

I didn't want to start talking about beautiful German women, er, I mean some friends overseas I haven't heard from in awhile on the BLOWER(S) thread so here it is...

There is a bud in Norway by the name of RB. Does anyone here know him? I think RB may have gone into business with another over there opening a shop. We shipped some incredibly badass Bosses out of Gary's to RB last year and I think some more are going shortly. Didn't have his email address and wondering if he had ever checked on to this site or anyone knows him. His first Boss was a 2000 model smallblock called "Southern Yankee". Very beautiful flag bike that started with the American flag and flowed into the Stars & Bars rebel flag. He also ended up with Charlie's ex bigblock which like the Phoenix, arose from the ashes (totally destroyed) into a beautiful thing.

I don't see Olaf here much. Going back to the real old Yahoo V8 Free Speech Forum days, Olaf was/is just too great a contributor to not be here. I hope he starts posting more. If you're looking in; HEY OLAF FROM ELSBOSS!!!

A bunch of years ago, 2000 or 2001 to be exact, there was a German chap I thought named "Tony" (maybe not) who I met in Ft. Myers Florida at a then dealer called HORNEY'S. He had a great looking American flag paint scheme on his Boss. Anyone know this guy?

Elliot (Elsboss)
Image...Todd, North Carolina
Image Image Image
Els

Re: "Friends Abroad"

Post by Els »

W.M.

Since I posted this, no response from the guy I was hoping to hear from/about in Norway. Are you aware of any members here who are from Norway?

Elliot
Image Image Image
AR

Post by AR »

Elliot, we do have a contact in Norway via Lamonts board - sorry I cant recall his name but he's the V8Chopper rider thats pictured on the homepage pic rotation occassionally. He was telling us that he paid 150,000 Euros to get his bike through the taxation doors up there. :roll: Wildman or Kiss or Puff might remember him too. He was there with his lovely partner who was the lead singer in his band....Los Mosquitos or something like that.

we'll find him for you.
Puff

Post by Puff »

Rob,

Wasn't his name Tom? Er heisst "Tom"?
He and his wife rocked the house! 8-)

Puff
Bill Van Sant

Els

Post by Els »

Rob and Bill,

Must be a different guy. The chap I'm looking for is named "RB". He is a pilot and business person who is involved in flying seafood via jet between Norway, Portugal and Florida. He is a wild man (sorry Mike) like you wouldn't believe and during last contact, had multiple wives...all one nighters, hee hee. I know he's done extensive riding throughout Europe as Norway has a pretty small window of opportunity weather wise. Ahhh, that reminds me, he also has a business that takes care of snow removal at major airports there like Oslo.

I thought he was somehow connected with either a BH dealer over there or something because he had been getting numerous bikes from Gary and crew. I believe he may be getting or already has a few V8Choppers as well. I'm going to check with Gary to see what he's up to and if he's coming to Daytona. Was just hoping to have some kind of contact with him beforehand and this board is perfect.

Thanks for the help.

Elliot
Image Image Image
SRF
Tech Advisorator

Post by SRF »

This is probably who you are talking about....
http://www.v8bikeriders.com/profile.php ... file&u=485

Shane
Els

Post by Els »

Shane,

YES!!!!!!!!! Thanks a million! That's got to be the right "RB" from Norway!

I'll see if I can wake him up. Sure appreciate it!

Elliot
Image Image Image
502wingman

Post by 502wingman »

I have met RB in Cologne last year and we had dinner with Monte and Andy. Super guy; and yes he is a wid man :) I think he is also a busy man with many interests who might not check the forum regularly. I think he was considering to open a Norway dealership. I would think that Olaf has a mail address: haenig@online.de or Hugo the Swedisch dealer: info@bosshoss.se
About that Tony or Tom I am not aware of a German rider at that time with US-Flagpainting, only Wolfgang who is in the Fort Meyers area often and Claudio from Switzerland. May be Olaf knows more too.
Peter
Peter the WingMan
Backnang, Germany
Mike

Post by Mike »

olaf times it wrote down whether I may publish its email here.
it can announces themselves, it the address by mail sent.

we will see

habe olaf mal angeschrieben, ob ich seine email hier veröffentlichen darf.

natürlich kann er sich auch selbst melden,
habe ihm die adresse dieser homepage per mail zugesandt.
Els

Post by Els »

Peter and Mike,

I recv'd the contact info last night regarding RB. He had done some posting last year on the other site along with pictures of him, bikes, toys, what he was up to, etc.

I sent him an email last night and look forward to hearing from him. He's a great guy and a lot of fun. I have some pretty good stories from Daytona 3 years ago. He and a buddy from Norway flew over and we hooked up in Ft. Myers. Myself, Gary, and a few others rode bikes over to Daytona, RB and his bud were in a large rental SUV. We were really getting it on riding over and laughing our stones off watching RB keep up with us on I-4 passing on the right side median and in the grass when necessary. We'd be looking in the mirrors and seeing a cloud of dirt as he'd be getting half sideways on the dirty side passing cars. Too funny in consideration of no deaths or injuries.

Thanks again,

Elliot
Image Image Image
KrautV8

Post by KrautV8 »

Hi Elliot!!! Sorry for the late answer. I can manage to go in the internet very seldom currently, cause a lot of things have to be done over here and keep me busy.

I see you already got RB's email addy...and yes, Peter is right - Wolfgang (Owner of Pullman City) has a US flag paint scheme and Claudio the magician from Switzerland has the flags all over his bike..and his boots...and his helmet...and his jacket...LOL :-)

Both of them use to take their bikes with them when they come to Daytona. If it was a SB, then it was Wolfgang, if it was a BB, then it was Claudio.

And Tom, member of the band "Dos Mosquitos" ...I think that was the name of the band....he is RB's friend and a V8 Chopper rider, too. Cool and friendly guy! I met him and RB at the European Boss Hoss Rally.

This is their Internet site: http://www.monsterbikes.no/

Olaf
Els

Post by Els »

Hey Olaf!!!

Great hearing from you. I got RB's email address last night and we exchanged a few since then. RB is a great guy and he told me just what you said here about Tom, the band, the dealership, etc. RB has another V8Chopper coming ( or he already has it) with a 'Jack Daniels' paint scheme. Really great looking deal! He's also still riding Charlie's old bigblock that crashed and burned right in front of my eyes one day while riding in Naples. Gary did an unreal job taking a pile of burned junk and making a 540 c.i. monster out of it. RB said he's already on his 4th tranny, ha ha. No surprise as I remember that one snapping belts and breaking parts on a regular basis. I believe Charlie had puked 7 or 8 trannies before it wrecked as I had on Big Red. RB loves that bike because of the noise and attitude. It's nasty!

I believe I met Wolfgang a number of years ago in Ft. Myers Florida at a dealer (not a dealer today) called Horney's. I met another guy from Germany at that dealer named Tom I believe.

RB is involved in a new aircraft company and just acquired two A321 Airbus aircraft. He has the same taste in aircraft as he does with bikes! If he's not too busy with that, he'll be in Daytona. Wonder how many V8's you can cram in a A321?......MANY!

I thought when you were in the states a few years back, you made it to Tennessee or North Carolina and possibly visited Lamont? I now live about an hour or two from him in the mountains of NC. Sure hope you'll include a stop here if you get the chance. Til then, let me see what you have going as far as your ride. Post some pictures when able.

Great hearing from you buddy. Best regards,

Elliot
Image Image Image