#3 Are the bikes or trikes as they were when you got
them or have you done modifications yourself or
had them done or are you planing on doing any
in the future?

ImageLas Vegas, Nevada
petitemoose

Re: A FEW QUESTIONS

Post by petitemoose »

SQ4MN wrote:#1 What year is your bike or bikes or trike or trikes and how long have you owned it or them?

#2 Do you have any plans of buying another one and
why or why not? Does your age have anything to
do with the answer?

in the future?
2005 Honda CRF 450 Dirt Bike... 4 years ... Modified - i ride
2007 Yamaha 125 Dirt Bike ... 2 years ... mostly stock - Jr Rides
2005 Boss sb... 1year ... Slightly Modified .. nothing radical
2000 Softail FXST ... Owned for 5 years, sold for 6 years and bought back a few months ago ... Highly Modified for an HD but in pieces awaiting a rebuild ( Father Son Project )
All work done by me on all bikes with the exception of the Apes I had Curtis install on the Boss before I took delivery.

Actually Stopped at Suzuki Dealership today to look at a 2012 leftover Hayabusa. I REALLY miss my 05 that I sold. Age plays no part but Garage space may LoL

The Dirt bikes are fine... When the engines show signs of getting weak I will make some power mods during the rebuild
On the Boss I plan to Install some more lights, the 1.6's, swap out the horn, Add the extra fuel reservoir and a 150 Shot of Nitrous with two bottles. STILL waiting on my buddy to get the bottle brackets made for me.
The HD will probably turn into a custom Build complete with metal fab. Probably change some lines or add something to make it "His" Have no idea where it will go but am looking forward to finding out. Will get it running again in the next month or so then start the metal fab stuff over the summer.

I am thinking I should probably wait to get another scoot until the Wife's 67 Camaro is done being Resto-Modded. That is being done by a friend as I have no business playing with body work. The project started as a scuff n shoot 6 years ago and has since turned into a rotisserie restoration. The engine I built and the tranny I outsourced to a friend of mine that does it for a living. Upholstery was also out-sourced but Interior Re-Installation and assembly will be done by me. All Mechanicals are me as well.
Who says building a border wall won't work?!? The Chinese built one over 2000 years ago and they STILL don't have any Mexicans ...
Ric

Post by Ric »

A fun set of questions Dave:

#1: What year and how long have you owned them?

I only HAVE and always WILL just own one bike at a time. With me, motorcycling is not a 'mood swing' of which bike I feel like riding today. I invest all time, funds available, and energies on one single bike. I make sure it's exactly as I want it… and will keep it until it's no longer practical to keep it running. So I guess with this bike… I will have it for the rest of my life.

#2: Any plans for more bikes? Is age a factor?

I guess I managed to answer this question in the first response, I had my old Shovel head Harley for 31 years, and managed to keep it on the road on a paltry Army wage. I put more miles on it than any 20 other dedicated Canadian riders. It saw four engine rebuilds, as I just plain wore it out. I only switched to Boss Hoss, because it finally existed as a viable machine! I had a dream to own a V8 bike back in 1976 when I saw a poster of that crazy looking Road Dawg V8 bike.

Age will change me eventually. Unless poor health intervene's first. I will ride this current Boss Hoss until I'm too weak to hold it up on my own… then I'll modify it into a trike.

#3: Any changes to the bike? Any prospect to change it more?

The only radical modification that's been done to my bike was a gift from some of the V8 site riders! The Kewl Metal front end! I've made over 50 varying modifications on the bike. Mainly to have easier access to maintenance or repairs. I've modified the cooling, of both the rad and the transmission. I've made many mods to electrical, and other aspects to make the ride more comfortable for me personally. The only other mod that was done by others, (not me)… was the '08 upgrade to my transmission when it grenaded on me. Tom and Adrian fixed that, and I 60,000 miles on that rebuild. I'll continue to find things to improve the ride. It's pretty much to the point where other Boss Hoss riders would not really want to ride my bike, because of the physical changes that completely differ from stock.

Oh… and I'll ALWAYS keep it simple black in colour. You radical cats can HAVE the $15,000.00 paint jobs! :rofl:

"Keep the magic alive!" He said.

Lloydminster, Saskatchewan, Canada
Carl La Fong
$ite $upporter

Post by Carl La Fong »

I've had my 98 BH for 7 years. I've had my 47 Whizzer for about 9 or 10 years. It hasn't run for quite a while for the lack of a two dollar part that I am too lazy to procure

Age has nothing to do with getting another bike. Health would be the issue along with a minimal fixed income

I've made a few modifications to my bike, mainly the Ranger III two speed conversion
Visit My Blog-Carl La Fong, Boy Genius™
http://jkcallin.blogspot.com/
V8Bikers
Site Admin

Post by V8Bikers »

1) 2007 Boss, owned for 9 months.

2) I do plan on upgrading at some point to a newer 606 or one with more hp, Kewlmetal, different style etc. I get bored with a vehicle after awhile and get the itch. It's not age dependent now but like many, I'll go to a trike when I can no longer safely handle the bike.

3) The bike is as I bought it. I like almost everything so no changes are planned at this time.

DeLand, FL.

"This is just one of the many reasons I love V8Bikers; able to openly display T&A, curse, say what you will;
able to be a fucking man here. Thanks Bill" - Grand Canard
SQ4MN

Post by SQ4MN »

#1 I have 2 V8 bikes and a V8 trike. The BH is a 2003 SB and I've owned it over 5 years. The V8 Chopper is a 2008 and I've owned it about 4 years. The V8 BH trike is a 2001 and I got it just over a year ago. I have a 1962 Triumph TR6 that I've had about 20 years.

#2 I don't plan on buying any other V8 bikes unless Stan finishes the touring bike in the near future. I like all the V8s I have, I think I'll just keep what I got. If I was young it might be different but I'm going on 72 and don't feel the need anymore for the newest, fastest and greatest as strong as I used to.

#3 I've done lots of small mods to my BH bike to make it reliable. I did em myself and the bikes been great as a long distance cruiser. Its hasn't let me down since the first few weeks I owned it, those weeks were a nightmare and the reason for my lack of enthusiasm for BH factory products back then. The V8 Chopper has gotten little upgrades every year not because it needed them but because of my relationship with Stan and Tommy it's always been easy. I never did anything on that bike myself other than ride it, they did all the work. The trike is how I got it from Mike The Stripe who has also become a friend of mine. I did have the trunk hammered out of a piece of aluminum by a guy 10 years older than me and then I drove it to Northern California so that Mike The Stripe could do the art work on it. At the present time I don't plan on doing anything other than maintenance and riding. The Triumph was the last year of the seperate gearbox from the engine cases and it was a four speed. A fellow in England made a five speed cluster that fits in the stock four speed case so that was done around 10 years ago along with a belt drive and Norton clutch hidden in the stock primary case. It also runs leading shoe brakes with an air scoop, big deals back in the early sixties. I recently rode the Triumph on a big british bike event in So California along with Stan on his Kawasaki 650 that was a copy of the early Triumphs and LaFong on his BH. We had a great time.

ImageLas Vegas, Nevada
Iron Maiden
The Better Half !!

Post by Iron Maiden »

#1 What year is your bike or bikes or trike or trikes and
how long have you owned it or them?
2009 V8 Choppers Trike, purchased September 2012

#2 Do you have any plans of buying another one and
why or why not? Does your age have anything to
do with the answer?
I usually keep my vehicles 3-5 years and then trade them in for a newer/different model, I can't imagine a better trike than what I have so at this time I have no plans to sell it.

in the future?
I have not done any modifications nor do I plan to do any - V8Billy was the original owner and did an awesome job with the build.
:thumbup:

Puff

Post by Puff »

1) 2001 BH ZZ4. Bought new at BH factory.

2) Gonna keep it till the grave.

3) No major mods, just improvements.
Bill Van Sant