Stan @ V8Choppers...what a guy!

topics about v8 bikes and their owners
Forum Sponsored by Chris Cruz Artistry
Els

Stan @ V8Choppers...what a guy!

Post by Els »

I've got to tell anyone listening, Stan at V8Choppers is about the most pleasant, most knowledgable, most fun to work with, dedicated mfg there is out there. I'm not saying this to end up with brown on my nose but rather sincerely and something I've known for 3 or more years.

I won't go into detail or you guys know this would be a 1,000 word post but suffice it to say, having Stan do this chopper has not only been a lot of fun, I'm getting a bunch of education and good direction as well. Stan saved my bacon today pointing out my paint selections possibly not working to either of our best interest. He then discussed multiple options that helped guide me down a better path.

This guy is dead serious about wanting his customer to be 100% satisfied, proud, and wearing an ear-to-ear smile. Any of you guys going to Daytona really need to stop and see Stan and see what he's all about. 101% class act in my book.

Elliot
Image...Todd, North Carolina
Image Image Image
AR

Re: Stan @ V8Choppers...what a guy!

Post by AR »

how many days & minutes & seconds left now?

More i see them the more i think that it would be nice to have one of them choppers....as a backup bike of course. ;)
Redtro

Post by Redtro »

3 weeks and 5 days I would guess....I'm sure Elliot has a more accurate count down than I do! :D
Els

Post by Els »

I'm actually not counting. Kind of like watching a pot of water boil...the more you look, the slower it goes. When I pack my Daytona bags the day before, I'll get psyched!

Elliot
Image Image Image
AR

Post by AR »

Ricky, we should make sure to keep a daily count on Elliots behalf...that way it goes nice an slow for him haha.
Redtro

Post by Redtro »

Els

Post by Els »

I hear you guys, how sorry can you feel for someone who has to wait a whole month to get a new killer bike?! :lol:
Image Image Image
Els

Post by Els »

Rob,

That's it dammit! Enough is enough! I'm backing out of that "stay cool & calm" routine and going back to the counting and totally wired.

3 weeks, 3 days, 19 hours, 30 minutes. :cry:

Elliot
Image Image Image
EAGLE

Post by EAGLE »

Elsboss wrote:I hear you guys, how sorry can you feel for someone who has to wait a whole month to get a new killer bike?! :lol:
"I" feel sorry for you Bro'. ;) :lol:
Sleep In Peace Tonight!
EAGLE!!!!!
Butterfly

Post by Butterfly »

Okay time for a Pow pow!!!
Butterfly
Redtro

Post by Redtro »

2 weeks, 2 days, 20 hours and 56 minutes AND COUNTING!!!!!

ARE WE THERE YET? ARE WE THERE YET? ARE WE THERE YET? ARE WE THERE YET? ARE WE THERE YET? ARE WE THERE YET? ARE WE THERE YET? ARE WE THERE YET? ARE WE THERE YET? ARE WE THERE YET? ARE WE THERE YET? ARE WE THERE YET? ARE WE THERE YET? ARE WE THERE YET? ARE WE THERE YET? ARE WE THERE YET? ARE WE THERE YET? ARE WE THERE YET? :twisted:
Els

Post by Els »

"Are we there yet?"....

Hey, someday stole my lines!

Stan keeps sending me pics. I can't figure whether it's making things better or worse! Yeah I know...no sympathy from anyone here.

Elliot
Image Image Image
Redtro

Post by Redtro »

7 Days, 21 hours and 45 min. :twisted: I remember how hard it was to get to sleep on Christmas Eve night when I was a kid!!!! How are you sleeping Elliot? :lol: Now, don't be thinking about that when you go to bed tonight! Don't do it! :lol: :lol:
Els

Post by Els »

Ricky,

I know I'm becoming a miserable piece of work to deal with as the time closes in. I already called my travelling companion, Mr. Professor Doctor Steve Barr and whined to him about our leaving earlier than originally planned! Instead of leaving early Sat. a.m. and arriving Saturday afternoon, I'm trying to shame him into leaving the night before so we can arrive a.m. Saturday. I did all this on the pretence of him having a better spot to park his trailer of course. Has NOTHING to do with my anxiety and anticipation of snatching the chopper. ;)

Elliot
Image Image Image
AR

Post by AR »

:lol:
Els

Post by Els »

Rob,

It's like watching the pot getting to boil. Time is going backward for me. I've moved the agenda up a bit but it's a slow go. As with almost all the toys, the anticipation and planning is half the fun. Now that that's over, let's get this show on the road!

Elliot
Image Image Image
Redtro

Post by Redtro »

Elliot...got any pictures of it yet?
Els

Post by Els »

Ricky,

Send me your email address to elliots@skybest.com

E :D
Image Image Image
Redtro

Post by Redtro »

Email is sent! Waiting anxiously!!! :D
Redtro

Post by Redtro »

Great looking bike Elliot! Thanks for sharing the photos and I can't wait to see it in person. :D BTW...I thought you were going to have a 300 tire instead of a 240 put on that thing??? :lol: :lol: :lol:

Els

Post by Els »

Thanks for the kind words Ricky. I'm pretty psyched to see it in person myself!

Stan told me the pictures don't do the paint any justice. It's a bit more red than you see with lots of metalflake. I heard it really pops in the outdoors and you can then see the ghost flaming.

I'm very excited about the perfomance with that DART motor. I wish I could let some cats out of the bag but it's being saved for Daytona. There were some pretty good drag races going on around Atlanta and again in Florida that were very impressive. Be sure to talk to Gerry when visiting Stan's V8Chopper site at the speedway for more details and definitely David Ward.

It's been a lot of fun having Stan build the bike. Great sense of humor, great attention to detail, great amount of pride he has with these bikes and trikes. Can't say enough on this. The V8Chopper community, like the BH community is full of some real high quality folks. The dialogue I've enjoyed with both the factory and owners has been very rewarding.

Well, we're down to 4 days, 8 hours before I launch from my driveway and head to Steve's in Raleigh then down to Daytona. Saturday a.m. drop Steve's trailer, have a greasy breakfast, and off to Stan's. Needless to say, I'm ready. Best,

Elliot
Image Image Image
Tom

Post by Tom »

Lookin good El.... You keep talkin those guys up and I may have to have a second bike. :shock:
Els

Post by Els »

Tom,

I hear ya'! You'd think I was a damn stockholder wouldn't you?!

There has been some racing where a chopper with a 383 stroker motor spanked a totally stock 502 Boss pretty convincingly. There are also considerations when the Boss has to shift and the chopper doesn't, however, the chopper sure doesn't want to do a top end race here! Well, to make a long story short, a chopper with the DART motor totally blew away the stroker chopper. I hate not being in the middle of that stuff! That's extremely right up my alley. I'm going to already have to throw excuses out in Daytona as my new one has no miles and needs to be broken in.

There's a bunch of bikes out there that would be a hoot to play with. Mike's Vanquish bikes for sure. I'm not sure if he's still using those CHIEF motors but they're extremely badass. Mike wouldn't use any powerplant that didn't kick ass. Then there's your 502. I suspect you're making some serious hp these days and it sounded like there was a significant performance enhancement over stock. I've read the Nova and Chevelle boards where the guys are doing some enhancements to the crate 502's and ending up with some big attitude machines. Are you going to put yours on the dyno and let us know some numbers? I suspect they'll be very impressive.

I'm chomping at the bit to do some racing already. I've been screwing around with a Chevy SSR that had a stock LS2 and now has LS7 heads and a Magnuson blower but it's not the same. The bikes get the adrenalin going to a much higher degree than the 4 wheelers.

Elliot
Image Image Image