Naked Gun!

topics about v8 bikes and their owners
Forum Sponsored by Chris Cruz Artistry
KISS

Naked Gun!

Post by KISS »

Hello!Rob has desperately wanted to see my Baby Hoss w/o tank,so here you have some pics.From the pics you can see tight fittings,and belt route.I have "restaured" frame (little paint job)
and polished all shining parts.Now i´m putting new parts back on "her",new brake pads,cables,hoses,blower belt,spark plug wires,water pump,new radiator(should be ready next week)and cooling fan and so on.Fenders,sidepanels and tank are fixed ready for painting. :lol:
More pics to come when i get it all back together!
IMG_1353.JPG
IMG_1362.JPG
IMG_1363.JPG
KISS

Re: Naked Gun!

Post by KISS »

One pic more!
IMG_1355.JPG
Els

Post by Els »

Whoa, where have I been?! Is the blower a new addition or have you had this setup? Please give me some details or if it was a past thread, advise me where to look!

I had put up a thread some weeks back titled "Blower(s)" and didn't see any mention of this at that time. Extremely impressive!

Elliot
Image...Todd, North Carolina
Image Image Image
KISS

Post by KISS »

Hello Elliot!My bike is one of the fev fabric made blower Boss Hosses.I bought it last fall from v8bike collector Dean Fish from Virginia who sadly passed away only after weeks i picked it up.It has orginal 12.000miles on it,and i try to keep it as orginal as possible.Thanks for your intrest.

In Wildmans topic KIMS RESTORATION OF A 1996 BLOWER HOSS you can see some "before" pics.
Els

Post by Els »

Kim,

Just finished going back to that thread of you bringing your bike back overseas. What a great adventure and project!

I had heard of one factory blower bike in Cape Coral, Florida not far from where I used to live but never got to see it. It may have been involved in a wreck or sold. In any case, I haven't heard anything specific about them probably due to the limited number produced and it being prior to the time I got involved with the V8's around 2000.

If you or anyone else on this board could either provide specific info or refer me to where I could find out more about the blower bikes, I'd appreciate it. Did they do small and bigblocks? Did they do it only 1 year? Did they use different blower applications? History behind why they decided to do it and why they quit? How many? What are the performance numbers on the blower bikes? How many still out there? Anyone having significant saddle time who could give their 2 cents?

Sorry for all the questions but this really perks my interest. Thanks,

Elliot
Image Image Image
KISS

Post by KISS »

"If you or anyone else on this board could either provide specific info or refer me to where I could find out more about the blower bikes, I'd appreciate it. Did they do small and bigblocks? Did they do it only 1 year? Did they use different blower applications? History behind why they decided to do it and why they quit? How many? What are the performance numbers on the blower bikes? How many still out there? Anyone having significant saddle time who could give their 2 cents?

Sorry for all the questions but this really perks my interest. Thanks,

Elliot"

Here is what i have heard about Blower Boss Hosses.First ever blower bike was made for BH freak Joe Rubert(RIP).He ordered one from Monte,and his engine was all aluminium.He sold that bike couple of years ago to Birger in Denmark.Birger has taken blower of from the bike for some reason.As far i know they made 9-11 bikes in factory -96 and -97? (all SB),and after that Blower bikes were made by dealers.I have heard only rumours about it´s performance,between 525-550hp.I have heard stories about 5 existing bikes (the number one is w/o blower now).
If somebody knows anything more specific about these bikes,i too would like to hear all possible about it.
I rode my bike about 400 miles around Dburg,and i like it!I did not want to "punish" it before i get to know it better,so i cannot say much about it´s performance.
Els

Post by Els »

Kim,

Appreciate hearing that bit of history regarding BH's use of the blowers. Aluminum smallblock with a blower...that is a concept that was really out there! Considering the time, just putting a V8 on a bike frame was big time. That was back in the days when Monte apparently had a different head than those that prevail today. With the elimination of the bigblock and any significant factory performance enhancements, the company has become... well we can just say "different".

I would sure enjoy looking one of these bikes over. Seems you got yourself not only a rare horse that will stay very unique. Doing a restoration on a bike like has got to be a great project.

I would be a bit suspect of those performance claims. When looking at what the Weiand/B&M or Magnuson type blowers typically add to a LS1 or LS2 smallblock, one should expect 100-140 hp. Add that to the over inflated HP claims GM makes on some of their crate motors and it ends up being different numbers on a quality dyno than advertised hype.

I'm sitting here wondering about blower whine with the open exhaust most run on the bikes. Can you actually hear the blower? I have a blower motor on a Chevy truck and have kept the exhaust very quiet so I can listen to the sweet sound of the supercharger. Nothing better in my book.

Thanks again for that info. Great ride you've got there!

Elliot
Image Image Image
Tom

Post by Tom »

El.. I recently sold my 01 ford lightning that came equipped with an eaton blower.. Man that thing sounded awesome under load... I know what you mean. I had the chance to see Kim`s bike in Dyersburg but it was hard to see much as it is pretty crowded in there. Milwaukee boss hoss had a sierra trike a while back with a blower on it. I believe they did some conversions.
KISS

Post by KISS »

"I would be a bit suspect of those performance claims. When looking at what the Weiand/B&M or Magnuson type blowers typically add to a LS1 or LS2 smallblock, one should expect 100-140 hp. Add that to the over inflated HP claims GM makes on some of their crate motors and it ends up being different numbers on a quality dyno than advertised hype.

I'm sitting here wondering about blower whine with the open exhaust most run on the bikes. Can you actually hear the blower? I have a blower motor on a Chevy truck and have kept the exhaust very quiet so I can listen to the sweet sound of the supercharger. Nothing better in my book.

Thanks again for that info. Great ride you've got there!"

Joe Ruberts bike was the only aluminium engined blower bike,all others were made with iron blocks and iron heads.You are right about horsepower gain that you get when you add "blower kit" to standard engine.That´s because you cannot put so much pressure to the engine w original "high pressure"pistons.These bikes are made for superchargers,so they have "low pressure" forged pistons which allowe to use more pressure from supercharger.Look at the belt pulley in my charger,it´s quite small in order to run faster=make more PSI.It´s supposed to push up to 10PSI pressure as it is now.Then these bikes have special cam made for superharger.This info i have heard from the previous owner and BH factory.I myself also would love to get more specific info about these!
And yes,you can hear the blower! 8-)
Els

Post by Els »

Kim, you got good info. If you were to bolt a blower onto a powerplant with 10.5/1 compression you better not be making too much boost. I believe Gary used 8.5/1 pistons with his blower application and possibly 11 lbs boost but I'm foggy due to it being some time ago. He was also using 150 shot of nitrous. Pretty wild ride on a less than 1,000 lb chopper.

The resident blower expert is undoubtedly Geezer on these boards. He's had some very fine blower applications both 3 and 4 wheelers.

In the event you were ever in need, I found a great pulley company that makes a quality aluminum pulley. They used to even do color but I'm unsure whether that's still available. The company is called Pulley Boys.

Elliot
Image Image Image
AR

Post by AR »

Haha..Elliot, every time I go to ring Gary its 4am there and after seeing those pics I near rang anyway. Isnt Kims bike awesome...factory blower V8 bike! BTW, if we could fit a 144 in our frames we dont need to alter the long block at all just ensure pully size is geared right for under 12.1/1 ratio or something....for me that would be about all I'd need - just to have that extra gyroscope bending space and time under the ol' jatz crackers. 8-)

wheres Gary's number fuk!
Els

Post by Els »

Rob, how's that ol' Buffet song go?..."it's got to be 4:00 somewhere" !

The whole concept of the bike really amazes me. According to what I had heard about Monte from back in the earlier days it shouldn't as he was an innovator and really thought outside the box. Comparing it though with the current marketing strategies and philosophy of the company it just seems a weird fit.

Elliot
Image Image Image
KISS

Post by KISS »

More new shining parts!
IMG_1375.JPG
IMG_1376.JPG
IMG_1378.JPG
Els

Post by Els »

Kim,

I'll bet you wish that supercharger could be seen instead of hidden by the gas tank eh?! Looks extremely nice. We like shiny stuff! 8-)

Elliot
Image Image Image
Redtro

Post by Redtro »

There is a '97 Blown B.H. here in Tallahassee in the local Antique Car Museum. I've looked at it a couple of times. It was purched from L.J then owner of King Cobra B.H. that was located here in town. L.J. is a real power junky and still has a mechanic's shop that not only does normal car repairs but also specializes in big horse power. That blown B.H. was L.J.'s personal bike and Russ's current bike was L.J.'s wife's bike. Both were '97's. At some point L.J. sold the blown B.H. to Devoe Moore, owner of the Antique Car Museum where it has been on display ever since.

I got the impression from talking to L.J. that he had installed the blower and had purchased it (blower) from the B.H. factory. I believe he said that he thought the factory still had another blower sitting on the shelf. This is just vague recollections and I'm not totaly sure of these facts.
Els

Post by Els »

Ricky,

I sure would have liked to seen what they were like although I've ridden a smallblock blower chopper quite a few times belonging to Gary. What I miss with the blower on the bikes is the whine of the supercharger because of the exhaust being open and so close. Gary's was a beast.

I'm kind of surprised they (BH) pulled the trigger with the blower as it's just not very visible and they can make equal hp more affordably. It's definitely a more attractive and more sensible (but again, expensive) way to add hp over nitrous as an example.

Since BH has eliminated the 502 from their inventory of new bikes, what are they doing if anything for those looking for some real performance? Please don't tell me that "hot cam". Although I know a number of folks have opted for it, it's just not "hot" IMHO. Considering how many 502's were sold and how folks feel about them, it would seem like a real minus as far as marketing.

Elliot
Image Image Image
Stroker

Post by Stroker »

I remember this bike I had called when i saw it for sale, he said it was 1 of like a dozen made, I had posted on the other site if any one knew of this but never got a replie, it sounds like a rare piece. Good for you
KISS

Post by KISS »

Thanks Stroker.Rumours that i have heard about how many are made is not more than 9-11 bikes.I´m still looking forward to hear all possible info about these factory blower bikes. :o
KISS

Post by KISS »

Just got parts from my painter guru!
IMG_1415.JPG
IMG_1413.JPG
IMG_1422.JPG
Got to go back to Bat Cave (garage) hahah,see ya!
Tom

Post by Tom »

VERY NICE!!! Looking good Kim.
Els

Post by Els »

Kim,

It's hard to beat black! Super clean look and it focuses more attention to the motor when lookers don't have a real busy paint scheme to look at. Your chrome really looks outstanding against the black.

There are a few exceptions to that like Wild Bills 502 and a bike that I believe Pete from NY just bought from Mountain with the big Donovan motor. They're busy but outstanding and personally very appealing.

You are going to have one beautiful piece of work here! Congratulations!

Elliot
Image Image Image
KISS

Post by KISS »

Thanks for your kind words Tom and Elliot. :oops: