Re: 502 top end

Post by Tom »

One more
Attachments
carb mounted.JPG
AR

Post by AR »

well.....at least the small block guys can go faster in first!

:? thats all I got.

When I grow up I'm gonna be a second hand 502.
Els

Post by Els »

Tom,

There's a silver lining to every cloud. Now you can look forward to receiving another UPS delivery and box to open with your newly ordered, race issue pushrods inside!

Still a bit shell shocked hearing and looking at the motor mount/frame situation. Not surprising it could happen especially with the 502's but more because I hadn't heard of this one time in all the years.

That intake is beautiful! I'm sure you've had the same thought I get about it being hidden. Too bad. :cry:

Elliot
Image...Todd, North Carolina
Image Image Image
Tom

Post by Tom »

We got the bike running today and it looks like I am going to have to learn to ride it all over again... WOW!!!! roll into it at 50 and I gotta be real easy getting into the secondaries. A fairly aggressive roll on will blow through the rear tire at 70-80. Gonna take some finesse to relearn my throttle control..Valve springs may be a little tough for the hydraulic lifters so I need to get that worked out. The power gain is huge and it seems to be mostly top end. I am overall very pleased with the results.
Els

Post by Els »

Tom,

Congratulations! A bigblock with that kit must have some attitude. Any difference with sound or lope at idle or any differences on the bottom end?

Elliot
Image...Todd, North Carolina
Image Image Image
Tom

Post by Tom »

Oh Yeah... Whole different animal!!! :mrgreen: Sounds like a pro stock ccar.