The Rise Of The Beast!

topics about v8 bikes and their owners
Forum Sponsored by Chris Cruz Artistry
EAGLE

The Rise Of The Beast!

Post by EAGLE »

How the Hell are All Ya'll??? It's been far too long! The BFly and I have just returned from Texas Boss Hoss for what will probably be the last major upgrade to the Beast. This time was the entire front end. She's now toting a 2013 front suspension from the trees to the axle. Wow what a difference! Since I fell off the face of the forum, every other thing on the Beast has been upgraded, replaced and or three stage rechromed. Some of the highlights are a 4150 HP PRO Holly 950cfm carb and new ceramicoated headers from California Boss Hoss. That alone woke her up bigtime! Then the new MSD Digital 6 Plus (old one failing for years mimicking vapor lock) and the addition of the new MSD BLASTER Coil and Damn'! She Almost ran right out from under me once and I was by Gowaaadah hanging on! I Swear it feel like she's skipping the front end off the pavement sometimes! Top it off with the new K&N filter from Chopper City and she is now Breathing Clean air at speed. One of the other things Brother Curtis and I came up with is the Crankcase "Evacuation " system to replace the "vent and dump in front of the air filter" system. Everything is routed back to the tail pipes on both sides. Works Perfect! I also added the BB risers in the rear and kicked up the spring rate with new springs. No more grinding tail pipes or bottoming out on the bumps! These are only some of the highlights but there are Plenty of other things going on. I'm hoping to reconnect with old friends and make new ones here too. It's good to be back!
Sleep In Peace Tonight!
EAGLE!!!!!
Gila

Re: The Rise Of The Beast!

Post by Gila »

Hey Mister ,,, any photos ,,, I am in for new headers for my 502 ,,, would love to see pictures. Also interested in seeing the new front end ,,,

Thanks Mike

Iron Maiden
The Better Half !!

Post by Iron Maiden »

:picsorban: videos are also welcomed! She sure does look Purdy (from the pics on FaceBook)!!

Hey Gila- looks like you need a new sig pic...
Last edited by Iron Maiden on Wed Apr 22, 2015 7:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.

V8Bikers
Site Admin

Post by V8Bikers »

Hey Eagle, welcome back! Sounds like you've had some great improvements and additions done. Looking forward to the pics as well.

DeLand, FL.

"This is just one of the many reasons I love V8Bikers; able to openly display T&A, curse, say what you will;
able to be a fucking man here. Thanks Bill" - Grand Canard
mdwdvm

Post by mdwdvm »

EAGLE wrote:One of the other things Brother Curtis and I came up with is the Crankcase "Evacuation " system to replace the "vent and dump in front of the air filter" system. Everything is routed back to the tail pipes on both sides. Works Perfect!
Hi Eagle. Congrats on completion of quite a laundry list of upgrades - sounds like your steed is now well groomed, well fed and ready to run!!

I'd be interested in knowing more about your crankcase evacuation set up. I currently have my tank off redoing the fuel lines, pump, etc.............and I've been looking at what I have an thinking there has to be a better way.

Cheers,
Mike
Mike Wallace - Watertown, MN
EAGLE

Post by EAGLE »

I'm going to have to figure out how to resize the pics to get 5h3m up on here. The headers Really woke her up! The fit and finish are both excellent. You can get the details from Curtis at Boss Hoss Cycles of Texas, 972-660-8717. The crankcase evacuation obviously runs from the valve covers under the bike and into fittings welded to the backside of the tail pipes. Brother Curtis can also hook you up there. There are also alot of lighting upgrades. The front runners are a bright LED white until you turn on the turning signal and then they flash amber. Billet Aluminum 3 stage chromed. The rear are the same except red over red. The Headlight is from headwinds and is more than double the original Headwinds bulb. There's more but that will be the rest, of the story. My number is 334-477-6648 if you need more info. If you send me an email I can send pics faster. eaglebear42@yahoo.com
Sleep In Peace Tonight!
EAGLE!!!!!
V8Bikers
Site Admin

Post by V8Bikers »

Eagle, if you send them to: need4speed@cfl.rr.com I'll put them in for you.

DeLand, FL.

"This is just one of the many reasons I love V8Bikers; able to openly display T&A, curse, say what you will;
able to be a fucking man here. Thanks Bill" - Grand Canard
Iron Maiden
The Better Half !!

Post by Iron Maiden »

I am having a blonde moment please explain what a "crankcase Evacuation" is and what is its purpose? :dizzy:
Attachments
image.jpg
image.jpg

V-MAN

Post by V-MAN »

Iron Maiden wrote:I am having a blonde moment please explain what a "crankcase Evacuation" is and what is its purpose? :dizzy:

That is YOUR breather system that Mike had to fabricate on the new bike/engine. Without it the engine won't run, builds up pressure internaly ...
IF YOU TELL THE TRUTH YOU DON'T HAVE TO REMEMBER ANYTHING