Boss Hoss company for sale??

topics about v8 bikes and their owners
Forum Sponsored by Chris Cruz Artistry
Harris

Re: Boss Hoss company for sale??

Post by Harris »

Well……………my intention is NOT to ignite another shit storm or hijack this thread. Im not familiar with unfulfilled claims of others. Im sure there is some truth to what people say. (but not the whole story as seen from BOTH sides) Some people are over zealous and will stretch the truth or make claims that are impossible. All I can say is I love my Wildcat. Id never make an unsubstantiated claim. Whatever production problems Sabertooth has / had / will have they produced at least 1 great bike, and its mine!! (although my wife thinks its hers :roll: )
Harris
Carl La Fong
$ite $upporter

Post by Carl La Fong »

Sarcasm receptor failure!!!
Contact tech support at once

Uhhhhh, I think Dave may be pulling a leg or two
Visit My Blog-Carl La Fong, Boy Genius™
http://jkcallin.blogspot.com/
Carl La Fong
$ite $upporter

Post by Carl La Fong »

There could be more to this story than Dave reported. Ben has made a sizable offer for BH.
The newly formed V8 corporate juggernaut will be called Hoss Tooth.

Here is the new logo which will appear on the tanks, company stationary and on the roof of the new, 200,000 sq/ft state of the art manufacturing facility, located at a secret location, deep in The Everglades
Attachments
Cartoon_horse_smiling.jpg
Visit My Blog-Carl La Fong, Boy Genius™
http://jkcallin.blogspot.com/
Iron Maiden
The Better Half !!

Post by Iron Maiden »

:lol: :toofunny: :rofl:

CanuckHoss
Site Sponsor

Post by CanuckHoss »

Carl La Fong wrote:Sarcasm receptor failure!!!
Contact tech support at once

Uhhhhh, I think Dave may be pulling a leg or two
Ummmm..ok..I guess my leg got pulled...
CanuckHoss

Barry Radu, President Destination Cycles

ImageAirdrie, Alberta Canada

"Just BE HAPPY!! BE HAPPY!! BE HAPPY!!"--Abraham
SQ4MN

Post by SQ4MN »

I WAS JUST JOKING YOU GUYS, I guess i got a sick sense of humor.

ImageLas Vegas, Nevada
petitemoose

Post by petitemoose »

Harris,
I was in NO way trying to insult your bike or you in any way shape or form. Ben has been promising revolutionary components and designs for what seems like forever and has produced none of them. That and that alone is what I was referring to.
I know the internet has a way of creating conflict where none was intended and I want to be crystal clear that I have nothing against you , your bike or anything else.
Who says building a border wall won't work?!? The Chinese built one over 2000 years ago and they STILL don't have any Mexicans ...
Gila

Post by Gila »

My two cents is that the most logical buyer would be Boss Hoss Consepts ,,, do I even have the name right ,,, they have a load of custom parts and build trannys and such ,,, they must have an abundance of cash looking at the bikes they build ,,,

mmaupin

Post by mmaupin »

It is hard to believe all of the negative comments. Sure not all acquisitions go well. I have always thought that Boss Hoss is a hugely under marketed product.

Look at Harley Davidson back in the 70's when they were owned by AMF. They were producing crap and lost tremendous market share to import bikes. Then when purchased by the right investors and properly marketed, they have turned into an unbelievable success. Motorcycles are only a portion of their total revenues.

There is nothing like American muscle! With some upgrades/modernization to the products, Boss Hoss could be a another great phenomenon.

With regards to the negative comments on the Cyril Huze Post; all I can imagine is all of those guys drive Acura Integra's with funny sounding pipes.
Regards,

Mark

CanuckHoss
Site Sponsor

Post by CanuckHoss »

mmaupin wrote:It is hard to believe all of the negative comments. Sure not all acquisitions go well. I have always thought that Boss Hoss is a hugely under marketed product.

Look at Harley Davidson back in the 70's when they were owned by AMF. They were producing crap and lost tremendous market share to import bikes. Then when purchased by the right investors and properly marketed, they have turned into an unbelievable success. Motorcycles are only a portion of their total revenues.

There is nothing like American muscle! With some upgrades/modernization to the products, Boss Hoss could be a another great phenomenon.

With regards to the negative comments on the Cyril Huze Post; all I can imagine is all of those guys drive Acura Integra's with funny sounding pipes.

A bit of positivity would be nice for sure...some good thoughts for the future...

As far as meeting Europe's new coming standards I would think some huge ass Cat / Mufflers like some of our German friends use would do the trick. If the LS3 can meet emissions in a Vette then it should be able to in the bike. Do what Harley does and lean the fuck out of it on the showroom floor to meet Emissions and then fix it when sold by a "Stage 1" which is mufflers / air cleaner and new FI mapping...would that not work?
CanuckHoss

SQ4MN

Post by SQ4MN »

Back to being serious but only for a moment. I'm sure that a fix could be made so the bikes could meet the emission requirements, LS engines are great motors. There is more problems than meets the eye and most have to do with money and the currant obsession to cleanse the earth of anything the enviormental czars tell us will kill the children. Besides the cost of actually making the motors meet the stricter and stricter requirements there is the cost of testing and passing the government tests. This can amount to a small fortune. A large automotive manufacturer can do it because they sell so many vehicles that by adding a relatively small amount to each sale it can be justified. A company like Boss Hoss doesn't sell enough bikes in a year to pay for the expense of meeting the rules. I think the Boss Hoss company as we knew it at one time is finished. There has slowly been less and less dealers in the last few years and now the 2 wheeler transmissions are no longer produced. Europe and California are very hard and costly to meet the emission requirements if even possible without making the bike look so ugly that no one will want one. The are many problems to overcome and investors can do much better than to buy a problem heavy V8 motorcycle company with their money. It will be interesting to see what happens, I am hoping for a solution and am optimistic that one will come but it might not be anything like we think.

ImageLas Vegas, Nevada
V-MAN

Post by V-MAN »

CanuckHoss wrote:
mmaupin wrote:It is hard to believe all of the negative comments. Sure not all acquisitions go well. I have always thought that Boss Hoss is a hugely under marketed product.

A bit of positivity would be nice for sure...some good thoughts for the future...

As far as meeting Europe's new coming standards I would think some huge ass Cat / Mufflers like some of our German friends use would do the trick. If the LS3 can meet emissions in a Vette then it should be able to in the bike. Do what Harley does and lean the fuck out of it on the showroom floor to meet Emissions and then fix it when sold by a "Stage 1" which is mufflers / air cleaner and new FI mapping...would that not work?
Barry - Emmision standards are the least of the problem they will face. The bikes will also need to have ABS among other safety features that are not existant on a BH. I also believe Ben Daniels would be the perfect guy to buy BH (totaly serious) he has the money and he has a V8 motorcycle company now. I am sure he could/would incorporate some of his own designs and ideas. Also BH Concepts had a "brain box" at least 10 years ago ... maybe longer. Their genie in a box provided abs, traction control, electronic keyless ignition and a slew of other fancy things. They could manf the box for BH I suppose or maybe BH would purchase the tech and build it themselves???

I am interested to see how everything unfolds in the future. Like I said in my original post I really hope somebody with the cash and drive does purchase the company ... that's good for BH owners and future owners. There are way to few V8 motorcycle choices avail and no one size fits all - they all have their place! The worse thing (JUST MY OPINION) for BH is if the company does not sell ...
IF YOU TELL THE TRUTH YOU DON'T HAVE TO REMEMBER ANYTHING

CanuckHoss
Site Sponsor

Post by CanuckHoss »

Don...we sell the Urals from Russia...I have not heard a thing about them having to ABS brakes...weird...and they have a shitload of dealers in Europe..wonder why that is?
CanuckHoss

randy burkey

Post by randy burkey »

My 2007 B.B bike came factory with abs..??
phpBB [video]
502wingman

Post by 502wingman »

Every new (first time license) bike sold and licensed in Europe must have ABS and meet the new E6 emission standards by 2016.
Boss Hoss (and Ural) does not meet these standards at this point of time. Period.
Not much time left......... :deadhorse:
Peter the WingMan
Backnang, Germany
CanuckHoss
Site Sponsor

Post by CanuckHoss »

502wingman wrote:Every new (first time license) bike sold and licensed in Europe must have ABS and meet the new E6 emission standards by 2016.
Boss Hoss (and Ural) does not meet these standards at this point of time. Period.
Funny thing about the Ural is that it really can't go fast enough that it needs ABS for safety..LOL
CanuckHoss

V-MAN

Post by V-MAN »

502wingman wrote:Every new (first time license) bike sold and licensed in Europe must have ABS and meet the new E6 emission standards by 2016.

Thanks Peter! I would guess that Ural would be a lot closer then BH with current configuration ... they could just "steal more designs" from BMW :rofl: (now I'm kidding - sort of).

CanuckHoss
Site Sponsor

Post by CanuckHoss »

V-MAN wrote:

Thanks Peter! I would guess that Ural would be a lot closer then BH with current configuration ... they could just "steal more designs" from BMW :rofl: (now I'm kidding - sort of).
Ural??..steal designs for BMW??? that would be a first

In all seriousness at least Ural went to all disc Brembo brakes in 2014 replacing the drums on 2 of their 3 wheels so ABS would be easier...

Thei FI that they use since mid 2014 is not that great...just an aftermarket FI from the US that was adapted...the carbs they had before actually was a better system.
CanuckHoss

V-MAN

Post by V-MAN »

CanuckHoss wrote:
V-MAN wrote:

In all seriousness at least Ural went to all disc Brembo brakes in 2014 replacing the drums on 2 of their 3 wheels so ABS would be easier...

Thei FI that they use since mid 2014 is not that great...just an aftermarket FI from the US that was adapted...the carbs they had before actually was a better system.

Barry -

The original design of Ural and Depnr were stolen (reverse engineered) from the German BMW R71. This all happened sometime around WW2. Story has it that Stalin wasn't able to purchase the bikes directly because of the war ... they bought a handful of R71 through another country [maybe Sweden or Swiss - I can't remember CRSS] and as soon as receiving them they were dismantled and "reverse engeneered" or STOLEN!!

I'm not sure how they got away with it? I guess because most of the world was not very fond of Germany/Hitler at the time and probably because the world was not full of lawyers either!!!!!

So I was sort of kidding but the stealing part came a long time ago before we were around! I'm envious of your trip coming up, if/when I ever make it to Germany I plan to visit the BMW factory ... LOTS of history!

Don

CanuckHoss
Site Sponsor

Post by CanuckHoss »

V-MAN wrote:
CanuckHoss wrote:
V-MAN wrote:

Barry -

The original design of Ural and Depnr were stolen (reverse engineered) from the German BMW R71. This all happened sometime around WW2. Story has it that Stalin wasn't able to purchase the bikes directly because of the war ... they bought a handful of R71 through another country [maybe Sweden or Swiss - I can't remember CRSS] and as soon as receiving them they were dismantled and "reverse engeneered" or STOLEN!!

I'm not sure how they got away with it? I guess because most of the world was not very fond of Germany/Hitler at the time and probably because the world was not full of lawyers either!!!!!

So I was sort of kidding but the stealing part came a long time ago before we were around! I'm envious of your trip coming up, if/when I ever make it to Germany I plan to visit the BMW factory ... LOTS of history!

Don
I was kidding too...I know the history...the BMW Factory Tour would be cool even though I only owned one for 4 days.
CanuckHoss

petitemoose

Post by petitemoose »

Hmmmm I am going to Wolfsburg to visit the VW Museums and plant. Looks like I will have to see where BMW is HQ'd. I LOVE stuff like that! Still remember taking the HD tour in Milwaukee many decades ago
Who says building a border wall won't work?!? The Chinese built one over 2000 years ago and they STILL don't have any Mexicans ...
Iron Maiden
The Better Half !!

Post by Iron Maiden »

I never knew the history - thanks for sharing!!! :siterock:

Mark

Post by Mark »

petitemoose wrote:Hmmmm I am going to Wolfsburg to visit the VW Museums and plant. Looks like I will have to see where BMW is HQ'd. I LOVE stuff like that! Still remember taking the HD tour in Milwaukee many decades ago
Dennis,

the BMW museum and car factory tour is obviously located in Munich but the Motorcycle production happens to be in Berlin! Certainly your can swing by from Hasselfelde and do couple days Berlin plus the BMW Motorcycle factory tour!

http://www.bmw-werk-berlin.de/en/

Mark
petitemoose

Post by petitemoose »

WOO HOO!!!

I wonder if they would allow me to take home a 'Sample" LoL
CanuckHoss
Site Sponsor

Post by CanuckHoss »

Copied from the other site...posted an our ago by a member

QOUTE: I got a much appreciated phone call this evening from Boss Hoss:

Doug Zaricor
Boss Hoss Cycles, Inc.
790 South Main Street
Dyersburg, TN 38024
Ph: 731-286-4915 ext:114
Fax: 731-286-2453

This happened after I mailed the company to ask about the rumors regarding the unavailability of new Nesco boxes / parts and the rumor that Boss Hoss is for sale.

I found Doug very friendly and have no issue in believing what he said. The facts according to him are:

1. There is an element of truth in the statements above - although skewed.
2. Nesco has stopped producing the complete boxes but still (and will for the foreseeable future) supply all the parts - Boss Hoss has to assemble the boxes themselves now. Spares are available (it could be on back order though).
3. Because the market demand from Australia, Japan and the USA is now mainly for trikes and not bikes the volume to produce completed boxes has become uneconomical for Nesco to produce and assemble.
4. Only Europe still has a need for mainly bikes and therefore Boss Hoss is busy putting together a container of completed 2015 bikes out soon to be shipped to that market.
5. Boss Hoss has been for sale for the past 15 years - nothing new. Like Indian etc. that went for sale and was linked to Polaris, so Boss Hoss could end up better and stronger.

Only the future will tell! END QUOTE
CanuckHoss