Myrtle Beach Help Please

topics about v8 bikes and their owners
Forum Sponsored by Chris Cruz Artistry
Els

Myrtle Beach Help Please

Post by Els »

I have never been to Myrtle Beach. Anyone here go? I thought some of the NE guys headed there in May. If anyone can shed any light, I'd be appreciative.

How it compares to Daytona, is it too hot, places to stay, do many of the mfgs show up, etc.

Elliot
Image...Todd, North Carolina
Image Image Image
Redtro

Re: Myrtle Beach Help Please

Post by Redtro »

Eliot, I attended M.B. for the first time last Spring and except for the Reckless Driving ticket :o I had a great time. The cop rated the burnout about a 9 and I asked him since I was already getting the ticket would he mind if I showed him what a 12 looked like and we both got a laugh out of it. Best part...no reciprocity with Florida and the ticket is not on my record.

M.B. is very spread out with most of the vendors located either on the north end or the south end. I'd guess about 20 miles apart. I am still a little confused about the road numbers because there are 2 Highway 17's. One goes through town and is slow traffic; the other is like a bi-pass and I quickly learned that it is the way to get around. It puts you off at both ends near the heart of vendors and where most people are.

I shared a condo with a few guys so I never priced the motels and can't give you a comparison but it HAS to be cheaper than Daytona!...what a rip-off! As I said, I had a great time last year and hope to be able to go again this year. Hope this helps.
Els

Re: Myrtle Beach Help Please

Post by Els »

Ricky,

It does help and I do appreciate it. I'll talk to you in Daytona more about it but I'm considering going from the first Sunday and staying maybe 3 days depending on weather and how much I like it. I've heard already about good food, lots of selection as far as accommodations, and lots of traffic although no worse than Daytona. Pictures I saw on one of the websites sure show lots of bikinis. I don't mind that a bit either! I'm waiting to hear someone tell me if there's any places with security and covered parking. That's what I'm hoping for as far as staying there.

Elliot
Image...Todd, North Carolina
Image Image Image