Import a Boss Hoss back to the USA

topics about v8 bikes and their owners
Forum Sponsored by Chris Cruz Artistry
CanuckHoss
Site Sponsor

Import a Boss Hoss back to the USA

Post by CanuckHoss »

I just found out today, officially from a Customs Broker that there is NO WAY to ever Import a Boss Hoss bike or trike back to the USA once it has been exported.

That is too bad because we had Mark's kickass 2006 SB sold to a friend of Gila's in the USA...
CanuckHoss

Barry Radu, President Destination Cycles

ImageAirdrie, Alberta Canada

"Just BE HAPPY!! BE HAPPY!! BE HAPPY!!"--Abraham
randy burkey

Re: Import a Boss Hoss back to the USA

Post by randy burkey »

:wft: that just doesn't seem right...
phpBB [video]
CanuckHoss
Site Sponsor

Post by CanuckHoss »

randy burkey wrote::wft: that just doesn't seem right...
yep...I know...surprised me...I thought there would be red tape but not a dead end...
CanuckHoss

Gila

Post by Gila »

Holy crap Barry ,,, really ,,, Percy is going to be pissed ,,, I just left the drillship yesterday ,,, on the plane in Frankfurt and headed to Vancouver ,,, I won't break the bad news until after I call u once landed ,,, shit ,,, he was so looking forward to it ,,,

Grand Canard

Post by Grand Canard »

CanuckHoss wrote:I just found out today, officially from a Customs Broker that there is NO WAY to ever Import a Boss Hoss bike or trike back to the USA once it has been exported.

That is too bad because we had Mark's kickass 2006 SB sold to a friend of Gila's in the USA...
Is that simply because it is a BH, or because is's a 2006 and doesn't meet current emission standards, or does that apply to all motorcycles?
I exported my 2014 Street Glide to Europe and no plans to ever ship it back, but.......................

"Work when you have to,
Quit when you can.
Follow your dream
Be your own man.
Drink when you're thirsty
Whoop when you're high.
Love a good woman...
Ride till you die."
CanuckHoss
Site Sponsor

Post by CanuckHoss »

Grand Canard wrote:
CanuckHoss wrote:I just found out today, officially from a Customs Broker that there is NO WAY to ever Import a Boss Hoss bike or trike back to the USA once it has been exported.

Is that simply because it is a BH, or because is's a 2006 and doesn't meet current emission standards, or does that apply to all motorcycles?
I exported my 2014 Street Glide to Europe and no plans to ever ship it back, but.......................
Any motorcycle Imported into the USA MUST have an EPA sticker saying it conforms....I would have thought the 502 would have conformed..LOL LOL
CanuckHoss

CanuckHoss
Site Sponsor

Post by CanuckHoss »

Apparently my Broker...a very big Brokerage Firm ..does not know what they are talking about as far as Boss Hoss Imported back into the USA . One of my customers is telling another who is selling his bike that it can be done.

I am going to have a "wait and prove them wrong" attitude...very skeptical on this but time will tell. I am hoping they were wrong as this would help me.
CanuckHoss

Gila

Post by Gila »

Latest on this thread is that it looks like Barry's people were right ,,, my co-worker gave up his journey on buying a Boss in Canada ,,, he is now looking to purchase one closer to home ,,, other good news is I hope I found a Canuck buyer for Marks bike ,,, Glen Hay from Wetaskiwin is headed to Marks this weekend to go have a look at it ,,, he is a life long friend that's been interested since he rode my 502 ,,,

Mike

CanuckHoss
Site Sponsor

Post by CanuckHoss »

Gila wrote:Latest on this thread is that it looks like Barry's people were right ,,, my co-worker gave up his journey on buying a Boss in Canada ,,, he is now looking to purchase one closer to home ,,, other good news is I hope I found a Canuck buyer for Marks bike ,,, Glen Hay from Wetaskiwin is headed to Marks this weekend to go have a look at it ,,, he is a life long friend that's been interested since he rode my 502 ,,,

Mike
I guess that is good and bad news Mike...Good that my broker knew his stuff but bad that we can't get them back to the USA.

AND GOOD that you may have found a buyer for Mark's bike...fingers crossed for the sale to go through.
CanuckHoss

Gila

Post by Gila »

I hope Glen ( I know Glen as Torch and have never called him Glen ,,, long story I will tell you about once he joins our group) and know he will buy it ,,, Take Care