You know you own a V8 bike when...

topics about v8 bikes and their owners
Forum Sponsored by Chris Cruz Artistry
V8Bikers
Site Admin

You know you own a V8 bike when...

Post by V8Bikers »

Thought I would start a list of varied things associated with owning a V8 bike.

- You get Christmas cards from your local gas station.

- Strangers come into a restaurant after seeing your bike outside to ask questions and not buy anything while there
(this actually happened to me twice yesterday)

- People follow you home to ask you questions

Whats your experiences both real and humorous?

DeLand, FL.

"This is just one of the many reasons I love V8Bikers; able to openly display T&A, curse, say what you will;
able to be a fucking man here. Thanks Bill" - Grand Canard
hogv8

Re: You know you own a V8 bike when...

Post by hogv8 »

I had a guy look over my bike and said "I didn't know Chevy made a motorcycle now " Obviously he saw my Chevrolet valve covers .
I've also had people say " Harley makes a V8 now "
Carl La Fong
$ite $upporter

Post by Carl La Fong »

I get all of the usual questions. How much? How fast? How heavy? Why? Are you crazy? Did you build it?
My favorite is, "What do you do if it falls over?" I tell them that I just leave it there and go buy another one
Visit My Blog-Carl La Fong, Boy Genius™
http://jkcallin.blogspot.com/
Harris

Post by Harris »

My favorite is, "What do you do if it falls over?" I tell them that I just leave it there and go buy another one[/quote]

Ha ha!! Thats pretty funny. Along with what others have experienced, I had a car pull right next to me at highway speed. Some foxy young girl was hanging out the window taking a video of myself and the wife cruising down the road. She was hanging out the window way more than what I would consider to be safe. I remember thinking... I hope shed doesn't fall out! :yikes:
Harris
GordonBH

Post by GordonBH »

One guy actually said "how can they get a car engine in there?" I'm thinking "doh".

"Is it heavy?" is another common one.

I tend to have a single seat but 2 people have asked if I am "allowed" to take passengers.
Gordon from England
Gila

Post by Gila »

I had a uniformed police officer pull into a gas station I was at ask all the usual questions then take my LS3 for a spin ,,, he was totally freaked out ,,, all he did was go around the block at 5 MPH ,,, remember, he was in uniform ,,,

V8Bikers
Site Admin

Post by V8Bikers »

- A lonely flat road with few distractions is not a time to reflect on the meaning of life or world peace but to burn rubber.

- You have no good pair of jeans. They are all ripped, torn, burned and stained in some place.

- You own stock in tire and oil companies

- You can't resist doing at least one burnout and going over 100 on every ride no matter how short

DeLand, FL.

"This is just one of the many reasons I love V8Bikers; able to openly display T&A, curse, say what you will;
able to be a fucking man here. Thanks Bill" - Grand Canard
Oldun

Post by Oldun »

You get up early to go to work on an 70-mile detour instead of the 4-mile direct route.

You get the car discount at gas stations because your tank is bigger than most compacts'.

Your commute burns more gas than your weekend ride to a bike show.

You can't decide quickly between taking the 350 or the 502 to collect the Saturday groceries.

You cackle loudly at the fun of riding a V8 when you are miles from anyone and anywhere.

When someone asks you "Is that really a V8 engine?" you say "Nah, don't be silly, how can a motorcycle have a V8 engine..."

When someone asks you "How far can you go until you run out of gas?" you say "I dunno, I just top it up when it starts spluttering..."

You store spare tires in your basement to avoid delays with customs.

Boss Hoss dealers know your bank details :-)

It's all good!
My 100-proof woman
A bottle of 95-proof whiskey
A tank of 90-proof gas
And 502ci of V8 bike
:ridding:
57chevygirl

Post by 57chevygirl »

I pulled up to a light next to a cop in his cruiser one day. He rolled down his window and said, "Damn, I thought a low flying jet was just over head." Needless to say when the light turned I juiced it just enough to make some noise but not get in trouble.
SQ4MN

Post by SQ4MN »

A guy at a gas station asked me if it was STREET LEGAL, I told him NO its not but that I just took a dirt trail over the hill to get here.

ImageLas Vegas, Nevada