FYI on LS 300 option

topics about v8 bikes and their owners
Forum Sponsored by Chris Cruz Artistry
CanuckHoss
Site Sponsor

FYI on LS 300 option

Post by CanuckHoss »

While checking out the Factory's trikes and bikes yesterday I noticed there were non with the LS 300 cast block.

I asked why there were not any and the answer ""we don't do that anymore".

To me a bit surprising as it did give a cheaper starting list price. BUT there are changes with Boss Hoss and i am good with that as there seems to be a lot of excitement again and that has been missing for a long time.
Last edited by CanuckHoss on Mon Mar 14, 2016 10:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.
CanuckHoss

Barry Radu, President Destination Cycles

ImageAirdrie, Alberta Canada

"Just BE HAPPY!! BE HAPPY!! BE HAPPY!!"--Abraham
TXscooterguy

Re: FYI on Las 300 option

Post by TXscooterguy »

Geez, as I was reading your post I dropped my spoon into my corn flakes. Does that mean my 2015 Coupe will be a technological orphan?
Ron Radulski

Re: FYI on LS 300 option

Post by Ron Radulski »

CanuckHoss wrote:While checking out the Factory's trikes and bikes yesterday I noticed there were non with the LS 300 cast block.

To me a bit surprising as it did give a cheaper starting list price. BUT there are changes with Boss Hoss and i am good with that as there seems to be a lot of excitement again and that has been missing for a long time.
Barry, I couldn't agree with you more. Keeping the LS 300 cast iron block, I believe BH could attract more first time buyers with a lower entry price. Then that person could be satisfied, or move on up into bigger and better BH products. Just my opinion.
Tx Outlaw

Post by Tx Outlaw »

Triker wrote:
CanuckHoss wrote:While checking out the Factory's trikes and bikes yesterday I noticed there were non with the LS 300 cast block.

Barry, I couldn't agree with you more. Keeping the LS 300 cast iron block, I believe BH could attract more first time buyers with a lower entry price. Then that person could be satisfied, or move on up into bigger and better BH products. Just my opinion.
That was part of our plan. We bought a 25th anniversary for the wife to eventually have and I was looking to get myself something else after paying this one off.......
Chuck Clark
2015 Baby Hoss (LS300)
TXscooterguy

Post by TXscooterguy »

My concern is, Ricky talked about bringing in an expert tuner to work on the vehicles. Now that the LS 300 option is no more, does that mean that no more tuning refinements will be slated for that motor? Geez, I hope that's not the case. Dennis
Cheezyrider_2

Post by Cheezyrider_2 »

TXscooterguy wrote:My concern is, Ricky talked about bringing in an expert tuner to work on the vehicles. Now that the LS 300 option is no more, does that mean that no more tuning refinements will be slated for that motor? Geez, I hope that's not the case. Dennis
It could mean that a lot of us will be forgotten. I also had hoped there would one day be a way for us to get a new or updated flash without riding a day or two to reach a dealer? Please new owners, do keep on doing what you have so far I think you are on the right track but don't price yourselves out of the market.
V8Bikers
Site Admin

Post by V8Bikers »

Great news!
Brian Macy made this comment on the V8Bikers FaceBook Group page...."Testing the new Boss Hoss 525 hp bike. We picked up quite a bit of power on this beast after the Daytona show. More exciting things will be coming along soon for Boss Hoss. I am working on all of the models of Bikes/Trikes to make the tunes better. — at The EFI Store.""

:thumbup:

DeLand, FL.

"This is just one of the many reasons I love V8Bikers; able to openly display T&A, curse, say what you will;
able to be a fucking man here. Thanks Bill" - Grand Canard
TXscooterguy

Post by TXscooterguy »

V8Bikers wrote:Great news!!!!
Brian Macy made this comment on the V8Bikers FaceBook Group page...."Testing the new Boss Hoss 525 hp bike. We picked up quite a bit of power on this beast after the Daytona show. More exciting things will be coming along soon for Boss Hoss. I am working on all of the models of Bikes/Trikes to make the tunes better. — at The EFI Store.""

Hip hip hooray!
Cheezyrider_2

Post by Cheezyrider_2 »

V8Bikers wrote:Great news!

How are we as owners of bikes and trikes going to receive those tunes and will there be a cost involved?
SQ4MN

Post by SQ4MN »

I can't see how there wouldn't be a cost involved unless the new business is just a hobby.

ImageLas Vegas, Nevada
CanuckHoss
Site Sponsor

Post by CanuckHoss »

Without a computer to hook to the bike the only way I see is ship the ECM back to the factory for reprogramming.

FYI....I have not been told about the procedure or even if the LS300 will be reprogrammed...
CanuckHoss

Barry Radu, President Destination Cycles

ImageAirdrie, Alberta Canada

"Just BE HAPPY!! BE HAPPY!! BE HAPPY!!"--Abraham
TXscooterguy

Post by TXscooterguy »

CanuckHoss wrote:Without a computer to hook to the bike the only way I see is ship the ECM back to the factory for reprogramming.
My Harley Screaming Eagle Race Tuner came with a software CD but I had to buy their proprietary cables that connected my PC to the bike's ECM to make any changes. I'd be willing to buy software and cables that would allow me to make future tuning improvements to my LS 300.
Jack

Post by Jack »

If they are using HPTuners, there are tuners all over the world that can load the revised tunes for you guys. I'm sure everyone will take their cut, and your local tuner may want to sell you their own tune (not a horrible idea) but that would be the way that I would distribute on a large scale.
1998 Wild One Custom - Homebuilt
BossHossAZ

Post by BossHossAZ »

The LS300 is not going to be a forgotten deal in the new tuning option. I am going to go over every combo possible here at the shop on the dyno. We will spend some time refining what you have so it works better. Ricky has told me to fix every tune that they have offered.

Yes, there will be a cost associated with the upgrades, at this time I don't know what that will be. Right now we are talking about the ecus as a return replace deal. At the current state the ecus are in, you CANNOT reprogram them with something like EFI Live or HP Tuners, even if I were to send you the files.
Brian and Heather Macy
BossHossAZ
928-706-6112 shop
http://www.horsepowerconnection.com
http://www.theefistore.com