ECU Exchange Program for LS Bike and Trikes

topics about v8 bikes and their owners
Forum Sponsored by Chris Cruz Artistry
Grand Canard

ECU Exchange Program for LS Bike and Trikes

Post by Grand Canard »

Boss Hoss will soon be rolling out an ECU exchange program that will transform your LS powered machine into a beast that has crisp throttle response, trike shift points corrected and will roast the tire / tires off.
The LS-525 EFI tuning is complete and 445 tuning is underway at Horsepower Connection.
(need a LS 480 hotcam and a LS 300 volunteer willing to go to Lake Havasu)

Details for ECU exchange program with factory to come; I will advise you'll and our dealers when we're ready to begin the program.

http://www.enginelabs.com/engine-tech/e ... rian-macy/

Who do you love?? LOL
Rick
Last edited by Grand Canard on Wed Apr 06, 2016 6:30 am, edited 1 time in total.

"Work when you have to,
Quit when you can.
Follow your dream
Be your own man.
Drink when you're thirsty
Whoop when you're high.
Love a good woman...
Ride till you die."
CanuckHoss
Site Sponsor

Re: ECU Exchange Program for LS

Post by CanuckHoss »

Was a long time coming Ricky...congrats..I am sure current owners will love the new mapping...
CanuckHoss

Barry Radu, President Destination Cycles

ImageAirdrie, Alberta Canada

"Just BE HAPPY!! BE HAPPY!! BE HAPPY!!"--Abraham
TXscooterguy

Post by TXscooterguy »

Grand Canard wrote:(need a LS 480 hotcam and a LS 300 volunteer willing to go to Lake Havasu)

Rick
Rick, I have a 2015 Coupe with a completely stock LS 300. While I live in Dallas, I have a camping trailer and I'm looking for a Spring road trip. Let me know if I can help out.

Dennis
Tx Outlaw

Post by Tx Outlaw »

This is excellent news! I also have a '15 trike with the stock LS300. What timeframe (date and length of time) would you be needing a bike to work with?
Chuck Clark
2015 Baby Hoss (LS300)
TXscooterguy

Post by TXscooterguy »

Tx Outlaw wrote:I also have a '15 trike with the stock LS300.
Uh, oh, I see a problem here. Let's do this. We can meet in either El Paso or Albuquerque (whatever works best for you). At High Noon's stroke of twelve, we're off. The first to pull into Brian's driveway gets tuned. The hombre that comes in second goes home and waits for the rollout of the ECM exchange program. Fair?
Grand Canard

Post by Grand Canard »

TXscooterguy wrote:
Grand Canard wrote:(need a LS 480 hotcam and a LS 300 volunteer willing to go to Lake Havasu)

Rick
Rick, I have a 2015 Coupe with a completely stock LS 300. While I live in Dallas, I have a camping trailer and I'm looking for a Spring road trip. Let me know if I can help out.

Dennis
Dennis, TX Outlaw; I will contact Brian and see what his schedule looks like, I believe that he will be at Arizona Bike Week which starts next week?
Anyway, I will arrange it, hold your horses, I will let you both know something soon.
Rick

"Work when you have to,
Quit when you can.
Follow your dream
Be your own man.
Whoop when you're high.
Love a good woman...
Ride till you die."
petitemoose

Post by petitemoose »

I would much rather see a "Cannonball Run" style event ...
Who says building a border wall won't work?!? The Chinese built one over 2000 years ago and they STILL don't have any Mexicans ...
Tx Outlaw

Post by Tx Outlaw »

TXscooterguy wrote:
Tx Outlaw wrote:I also have a '15 trike with the stock LS300.
Uh, oh, I see a problem here. Let's do this. We can meet in either El Paso or Albuquerque (whatever works best for you). At High Noon's stroke of twelve, we're off. The first to pull into Brian's driveway gets tuned. The hombre that comes in second goes home and waits for the rollout of the ECM exchange program. Fair?
LOL! I can wait. Just wanted to let him know there was more than one person wiling to help out. Besides, I'm just West of Ft Worth. No need to meet all the way in El Paso.....
Chuck Clark
2015 Baby Hoss (LS300)
TXscooterguy

Post by TXscooterguy »

Tx Outlaw wrote:LOL! I can wait.
Oh crap! I've been telling my friends we were going to do "Death Race 2016 - Three Wheels from Hell." Even lined up a drone to do the aerial shots. You really should reconsider. :D
craig haymaker

Re: ECU Exchange Program for LS Bike and Trikes

Post by craig haymaker »

I'll step in with an loaner offer also. 2014 LS485 57 trike.
BUT unfortunately it would not be avail. until June 2nd., when at that time, we could drop it off. Let me know, Craig
Grand Canard

Post by Grand Canard »

craig haymaker wrote:I'll step in with an loaner offer also. 2014 LS485 57 trike.
BUT unfortunately it would not be avail. until June 2nd., when at that time, we could drop it off. Let me know, Craig
Thanks Dennis, TX Outlaw, and Craig.
Brian attended AZ Bike Week and will wrap-up the 445 trike dyno tuning this week.
PM me your contact info so can contact you'll to make arrangements for the "BIG DAY" in Lake Havasu.

Lake Havasu is a cool-ass place, engine builders galore, racing gas available at gas stations, boats with 2000+ HP very common, the London Bridge is located in Havasu; Lake Havasu is a spring break destination / party town, lots of pretty places to ride too.

Oh yeah, Brian & Heather Macy are going to be Boss Hoss dealers too!!

Rick

"Work when you have to,
Quit when you can.
Follow your dream
Be your own man.
Whoop when you're high.
Love a good woman...
Ride till you die."
TXscooterguy

Post by TXscooterguy »

Rick, PM sent. Dennis
CanuckHoss
Site Sponsor

Post by CanuckHoss »

Grand Canard wrote:
craig haymaker wrote:I'll step in with an loaner offer also. 2014 LS485 57 trike.

Oh yeah, Brian & Heather Macy are going to be Boss Hoss dealers too!!

Rick
That is awesome news for Boss Hoss...any dealer added is a huge PLUS and Brian sounds like the guy for sure in this instance..and Heather..CONGRATS!

All the Best guys!!
CanuckHoss

Barry Radu, President Destination Cycles

ImageAirdrie, Alberta Canada

"Just BE HAPPY!! BE HAPPY!! BE HAPPY!!"--Abraham
craig haymaker

Post by craig haymaker »

Ricky, PM sent. Craig H.
TXscooterguy

Post by TXscooterguy »

CanuckHoss wrote:That is awesome news for Boss Hoss...any dealer added is a huge PLUS and Brian sounds like the guy for sure in this instance..and Heather..CONGRATS!
Congratulations Brian and Heather. Can't wait to meet you. Dennis
BossHossAZ

Post by BossHossAZ »

I have worked though some of the stock cals that Boss Hoss had in the ecus. I will be the first to tell you these cals are NOT stock like some people would make you think. At one point they were a 07 trailblazer but have been extensively worked over even before I got into them. So there is some special coding done to these for both the bike and trike. It has been a pretty large undertaking and some long hours of work. We have already made some improvements on the 445hp, 525hp and 485 hot cam. I have not had a hot cam on the dyno so that one needs to happen for sure. Also the 300hp version needs to be put on the dyno.

I will get in contact with some of you as soon as this 445hp one is finished.

Very soon we will have new cals for LS engines ready to go.
Brian and Heather Macy
BossHossAZ
928-706-6112 shop
http://www.horsepowerconnection.com
http://www.theefistore.com
Jack

Post by Jack »

Hey Brian,

Thanks for the updates and CONGRATS on your dealership!

Curious what you're seeing at the tire with these bikes before and after your tune. Is it 20% loss? More or less - and why do you think that is?
There isn't a lot of information about how a good running bike performs on the dyno.
1998 Wild One Custom - Homebuilt
BossHossAZ

Post by BossHossAZ »

I can give you some more exact drive train losses later this week but I suspect you are about right.
Brian and Heather Macy
BossHossAZ
928-706-6112 shop
http://www.horsepowerconnection.com
http://www.theefistore.com
Oldun

Post by Oldun »

Speaking purely for myself, I think it's a good thing that there are 'some' drivetrain losses... personally I am a fan of a bike that starts and runs nicely, & so the amount of available power is something that I as your Average Rider, is never going to match anyway... Reliability for medium and longer trips is something I prioritise. I'm really pleased to see this as a potential solution for that.
My 100-proof woman
A bottle of 95-proof whiskey
A tank of 90-proof gas
And 502ci of V8 bike
:ridding:
SQ4MN

Post by SQ4MN »

I like the reliability of my old ZZ4 but a new LS series would probably even be better. With a new trans thats much stronger coupled with a high horsepower LS series engine I think the bikes will be the cat meow. A QUESTION FOR RICK: Do you have any better idea when the new website will be up? Will it show the prices for different bikes and options?

ImageLas Vegas, Nevada
Grand Canard

Post by Grand Canard »

SQ4MN wrote:I like the reliability of my old ZZ4 but a new LS series would probably even be better. With a new trans thats much stronger coupled with a high horsepower LS series engine I think the bikes will be the cat meow. A QUESTION FOR RICK: Do you have any better idea when the new website will be up? Will it show the prices for different bikes and options?
I "expect" for the website to have the bike options next week, build ur bike; I honestly thought it would've been ready for Daytona or shortly thereafter, I lite a fire under their asses 2 days ago to make that happen.
Rick

"Work when you have to,
Quit when you can.
Follow your dream
Be your own man.
Whoop when you're high.
Love a good woman...
Ride till you die."
petitemoose

Post by petitemoose »

Grand Canard wrote:
SQ4MN wrote:I like the reliability of my old ZZ4 but a new LS series would probably even be better. With a new trans thats much stronger coupled with a high horsepower LS series engine I think the bikes will be the cat meow. A QUESTION FOR RICK: Do you have any better idea when the new website will be up? Will it show the prices for different bikes and options?
I "expect" for the website to have the bike options next week, build ur bike; I honestly thought it would've been ready for Daytona or shortly thereafter, I lite a fire under their asses 2 days ago to make that happen.
Rick

The "pace" from the previous era is going to be a hard one to update and improve. Your opinion of it needing to be done is spot on though. Lots of guys ( Like Me ) go to web sites and price out their trucks/ cars so we know what is available and what to expect on the financial side. I did it on the Wife's new ride ( Subaru Outback 2.5i Limited) When I found out the price of a fully loaded top of the line can't get any more in it unit was 1/3 of the Escalade ... It was purchased 2 days later.

For me it is the beginning of the process when I decide to get another truck. I can imagine it will be a good "seed Planter" and that is just one of the things that BH needs to start doing to start moving units ... IMO
Who says building a border wall won't work?!? The Chinese built one over 2000 years ago and they STILL don't have any Mexicans ...
Ron Radulski

Post by Ron Radulski »

In all due respect, the Escalade is made in the good old U.S.A. and all the profits go to an American company, General Motors. Also the resale is much better than foreign vehicles IMO. Just like Boss Hoss. Made in the U.S.A. Dyersburg TN. And this is one of the reasons that I own one.
TXscooterguy

Post by TXscooterguy »

:popcorn:
randy burkey

Post by randy burkey »

Petite Moose,,,REALLY ...How can you compare a fucking Subaru to a Cadillac escalade...Jesus Christ don't you know someone you know might catch you driving a Subaru??? You don't get embarrassed driving something American made.... :usa:
phpBB [video]