Boss Hoss OBD port.

topics about v8 bikes and their owners
Forum Sponsored by Chris Cruz Artistry
TXscooterguy

Boss Hoss OBD port.

Post by TXscooterguy »

Has anyone attempted to use one of the services like Hum, Automatic, Dash, etc. on their Boss Hoss. Some of these services even have crash detection / notification features. I ride a lot of solo miles and this could be a safety thing.
craig haymaker

Re: Boss Hoss OBD port.

Post by craig haymaker »

TXscooterguy, unfortunately when you plug any device into the OBD port of these newer bikes / trikes, your gages will "freeze up" ! Speed Hut has built this feature into their Canbus gages to protect them, if a device is plugged into said port ! That being said though, I've had all the different manufactures gages since 2002, and hands down, Speed Hut is the BEST ! They are quality and great to work with when adding additional gages & sensors and very reasonable in cost. I hope that BH never leaves Speedhut ! Craig H.
TXscooterguy

Re: Boss Hoss OBD port.

Post by TXscooterguy »

craig haymaker wrote:unfortunately when you plug any device into the OBD port of these newer bikes / trikes, your gages will "freeze up"
Well I guess that puts an end to this project. I was hoping to be able to go down the road with a device plugged into the OBD port. Some of the new "smart" automotive services sound pretty cool. I was hoping they would work on the Boss Hoss. Oh well. Thanks, Craig.