Elliots V8 Chopper pics

topics about v8 bikes and their owners
Forum Sponsored by Chris Cruz Artistry
V8Bikers.Net

Elliots V8 Chopper pics

Post by V8Bikers.Net »

Elliot's V8 Chopper:

Gents , pics of the new chopper. Absolutely phenomenal bike but more on that to follow. I have to include in my commentary what a first class person Stan is along with his entire operation and staff. This DART motor is a snot slinging animal. David (Ward) was there with his 4 great machines and insisted I ride his. When you ride Dave's there is the added encouragement to "let 'er rip". What a cool guy!! This bike will kick the dog crap out of any 502. I'm once again in love!!

Lots of chrome instead of polished on this one. Note DART valve covers and heads with chrome.

All alternator parts, brackets, air cleaner are chrome. All braided stainless plumbing.

300 Avon with bobbed fender. I paid when it rained.

Note my mechanical Holley fuel pump.

I went with the same headers as last time. He's also doing under the frame rail type like BH.

Note shift lever.

Stan changed the V8 logo on the radiator this year.

Sweet!!

This bad boy looks fast sitting there eh?

Colors change with the amount of light. Lots of metal with ghost flames usually not visible.

It started off at 16 degrees today in spite of the sun. No rides 'till later in the week....dammit!!
Last edited by V8Bikers.Net on Mon Mar 10, 2008 7:31 am, edited 1 time in total.
Boom Boom & Rockstar

Re: Elliots V8 Chopper pics

Post by Boom Boom & Rockstar »

Elliot, absolutely beautiful!!!!!!Boom Boom and Rock
okie

Post by okie »

Love it,GREAT bike !!
502wingman

Post by 502wingman »

Love it. The background too :D ;)
Peter the WingMan
Backnang, Germany
Elvis

Post by Elvis »

Lena and I are in love with the log cabin also.
Elliot, I have not read anyone comparing the motor mounted electric water pump that you have (new V8 Choppers) to the hose mounted pumps, did Stan compare the two?
Els

Post by Els »

Thanks for the kind words Elvis. Jeanette & I had the property we're on for some time and had our sights set on a log home for years. She actually drew the design on notebook paper one day after church in about 20 minutes. I had been working on a CAD program on the computer for 2 months and after seeing her scratch work, I just shit canned mine. It was built exactly as she drew it. I had the good fortune of being involved in the build every day for 8 months although I'm not much of anything 'cept a wood butcher. It's withstood the test up here as we get below zero ambient temps in winter and big hurricane force winds. It then goes to almost 80 degrees on a hot summer day making for a 90 degree variance and 100 mph winds. The Canadian spruce logs have an average diameter of 18" and look really good. All hand hewn. The company is Original Log Homes out of western Canada.

I never did talk to Stan about the pump. I'm not sure what his reasoning was but will be sure to ask him and let you know. I've noticed over the years you don't miss much. Your attention to detail from pics is outstanding. Best regards,

Elliot
Image...Todd, North Carolina
Image Image Image
Redtro

Post by Redtro »

I thought that was a mechanical pump???
Els

Post by Els »

Ricky,

Electric water pump, mechanical fuel pump. I've seen some raised eyebrows with the fuel pump choice, however, I personally had a spat of bad luck with electric pumps (Holley) and besides, the mechanical Holley is chrome. :lol:

Elliot
Image Image Image
Redtro

Post by Redtro »

Oh Dang...I'm not reading clearly. I thought he was talking about the fuel pump. But, on the subject of fuel pumps....after a bad fuse block caused 5 electric fuel pumps go bad on my bike (I should have check the voltage sooner) I think I would rather have a mechanical pump also. I don't have a place for one on this marine B.B.
Last edited by Redtro on Wed Mar 12, 2008 6:36 am, edited 1 time in total.
Els

Post by Els »

Ricky,

I had miserable luck with the red Holley pumps. I was mounting them in different positions but most were on the bellhousing and mounted sideways. That may have been a no no. It wasn't only me having problems and some were mounted as suggested vertically.

I believe it was Neil who suggested a Carter pump which I ultimately ended up with and had zero problems.

Elliot
Image Image Image
AR

Post by AR »

Elsboss wrote: The company is Original Log Homes out of western Canada.
Looks a little like this place.... 8-)
Attachments
IMGP0492%5B1%5D[1].jpg
Els

Post by Els »

Rob,

Unfortunately, any gal that age and that hot in front of my house would be one of the granddaughter's friends. :cry:

Great looking house and bike too! :lol:

Elliot
Image Image Image