Boss Hoss Fuel Injection Issues resolved

topics about v8 bikes and their owners
Forum Sponsored by Chris Cruz Artistry
petitemoose

Re: Boss Hoss Fuel Injection Issues resolved

Post by petitemoose »

I made a mistake in my original post. Holley does not make the FAST EFI system Boss Hoss is currently using. That was absolutely one hundred percent my fault and I apologize for misleading anyone.
I can tell you that I just played with the new stroker bike and the throttle response is absolutely amazing. When I get smart enough to post a video I will
Who says building a border wall won't work?!? The Chinese built one over 2000 years ago and they STILL don't have any Mexicans ...
petitemoose

Post by petitemoose »

Hope this works ... this video shows the throttle response on the new 383 stroker Bike
Last edited by petitemoose on Mon Mar 13, 2017 9:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Who says building a border wall won't work?!? The Chinese built one over 2000 years ago and they STILL don't have any Mexicans ...
Jack

Post by Jack »

I don't have FB, but my wife does, and it says "content not available"
1998 Wild One Custom - Homebuilt
petitemoose

Post by petitemoose »

It is probably best it didn't as it was a bunch of non-related pics before the video. I will ask IronMaiden to post up the video
V8Bikers
Site Admin

Post by V8Bikers »

Dennis, the video will need to be uploaded on You Tube before it can be posted. This is one I took of the 383.

phpBB [video]

Here the two from Dennis:

phpBB [video]

phpBB [video]

DeLand, FL.

"This is just one of the many reasons I love V8Bikers; able to openly display T&A, curse, say what you will;
able to be a fucking man here. Thanks Bill" - Grand Canard
BossHossAZ

Post by BossHossAZ »

petitemoose wrote:
V8Bikers wrote:That is great news! Do you know if Brian Macy is still involved?
To the best of my knowledge, Mike was working solo on this for BH.
No we are not, we are working at the shop and people who want to bring their bikes in for fixes we are available but we are not supporting Boss Hoss EFI per their choice. We are also not interested in moving forward as a dealer for them.

We will however fix any of the older bikes, newer bikes Holley and even WHEN the new FAST has issues. I use to be the EFI trainer for FAST several years ago.

I think the choice to not continue with the Holley was a poor one, there was ways to make it cheaper if they wanted but they really gave up a lot to do something that does not do as much.

We asked for a commitment to move forward because I put everything on hold as soon as Ricky called me. They chose not to do that and that is fine. We are plenty busy as it is.
Brian and Heather Macy
BossHossAZ
928-706-6112 shop
http://www.horsepowerconnection.com
http://www.theefistore.com
BossHossAZ

Post by BossHossAZ »

2crzy wrote:Why would anyone put a different fuel injection system on these bikes besides the one that comes with the engine from the factory? GM has spent millions of dollars designing these systems for millions of vehicles that are on the roads today. These LS3 create engines come with everything on the engine that you need except the ECM, which they also make that is plug and play to match any engine and trans combo. Using all GM parts and not locking the ECM, anyone can roll into any Auto shop to diagnose problems that may occur. Not to mention your cruse control and future ABS breaking will be accommodated. The cost of the Holly EFI isn't cheap and then you also need an ECM programed to run everything again. Way to complicated and costly. The idea is to keep the cost, maintenance and service of these bikes down so they are more affordable to the public. The GM system can be programed for maximum HP and also to meet any EPA law without exhaust cats etc. The 502 EFI can also be programed to meet all EPA standards as well. There is absolutely no sense in spending all this extra cost to confuse things more than they already are with these bikes and everything thing that has happed from the day BH has stared using EFI engines. Keep it simple and cost effective!
Easy it is made to run a car and not a bike. The programming in the 05 trailblazer is having an issue with the throttle, MAF because it is in a bad spot and even some transmission things. The ecu although you would think it works just like a stock engine it does not. Then you change the cam 485hp and you can throw away all the work GM did. Even the air filter tube, exhaust ect... changes the tune from OEM so your post of why.. this is the reason. The Holley made roughly 80hp at the tire more than the OEM PCM did mostly from the timing and throttle opening control. So Holley was a way better choice than the OEM for sure. The FAST is a good unit but we chose not to use it because it had no provisions for DBW, didn't do trans control without another box and harness plus needed a second box for coil timing control. So 3 boxes and harness for an LS engine didn't make since. Add all that plus no communication to the gauge cluster made our choice easy.

I like the guys at FAST in fact I was their trainer for their software several years ago. It just wasn't the right choice for the LS.

Now for the OEM to meet EPA with no CATs you are talking out of your butt, not at all possible. EPA requires CATS on everything to pass emissions period. Can it bet tuned for max HP sure it can, but not in the current config where it started AND the Holley made much more power and can accomplish all the same things plus more.
Brian and Heather Macy
BossHossAZ
928-706-6112 shop
BossHossAZ

Post by BossHossAZ »

Oldun wrote:
2crzy wrote:The EFI unit off the newer 502's will fit on what you have the older style. You can put fuel injection on any motor you want. There should not be a problem to do this at all. The engines are all the same. Just need an ECM and a fuel injection system. New fuel pump and some plumbing.
Thanks for the background. I had more than a couple of shops (i.e. 3) look at retrofitting EFI to the older 502s, in both California and New Zealand (separate bikes). Spent a few dollars (yeah, well, more than a few dollars) having units fitted. The consensus / result was the combination of the engine and short-502-exhausts did not permit an accurately self-adjusting EFI "off-the-shelf".

I'm currently having my US replacement 502 done by Brian M at Lake Havasu and I am 100% confident that this time it'll work. Because besides being a horsepower guru, (a) he's made it work on other bikes and (b) it'll be highly customised for the exact bike.

Because again, as far as I can tell again from research, everybody who's had a good retrofit EFI result, has had a custom set up.

But like I say, I just ride them, I don't fix them or tune them :-)
Bike was on the dyno and runs great. We are putting the finishing touches on it today. We need to get some oil for the trains oil change and the matching sender for the trans temp and we are done. Bike turned out great. I think you are going to be really happy.
Brian and Heather Macy
BossHossAZ
928-706-6112 shop
Oldun

Post by Oldun »

Yayyyy THANK YOU VERY MUCH Brian!!
My 100-proof woman
A bottle of 95-proof whiskey
A tank of 90-proof gas
And 502ci of V8 bike
:ridding:
Orlando606VetteTrike

Post by Orlando606VetteTrike »

Thank you Brian. Glad your feeling better and continuing on with the thing you love to do, TUNE. :-)
2008 606 Corvette Trike