Anybody Hear From ZenBiker?

topics about v8 bikes and their owners
Forum Sponsored by Chris Cruz Artistry
V-MAN

Anybody Hear From ZenBiker?

Post by V-MAN »

Anybody hear from Joe recently? I got a strange email this morning and don't know if it's legitimate or not. If his email was hacked I don't want to reply ...
IF YOU TELL THE TRUTH YOU DON'T HAVE TO REMEMBER ANYTHING

Paul H

Re: Anybody Hear From ZenBiker?

Post by Paul H »

Check with Debbie at Stamford BH. He lives in that area.
He did sell (gave away) his bike some years ago???

Paul H
Imzz4

Post by Imzz4 »

Paul, I have his email. and we still mail from time to time. he just got another bike about 3 or 4 weeks ago.
V-MAN

Post by V-MAN »

Thanks guys. Paul, yes he did sell his stroker bike a few years ago. Jeff, glad he got another bike!! Maybe the email I received was legitimate then?

BossHossJohn

Post by BossHossJohn »

He lives 5 minutes from me, I have never met him but he has been quiet. If he is riding again, I will have to try and find his number. I have it somewhere.
Imzz4

Post by Imzz4 »

He just sent this today.

"I just bought a KTM Superduke 1290 GT.. You talk a bout a BLAST for a bike!450 lbs....173 hp and 107 lbs torque. "

He had a Triumph ,like Dave's, that he had a bunch of speed mods done to. I guess he still has it and still likes to go fast ! I still think his 383 was a bit faster than my 408 but we'll never know. (perhaps by 1/2 a bike!)
Geezer

Post by Geezer »

Last I heard from Joe he sold his V8 and got in Trumph
in line 4 bikes,,,,,Think he spent a ton on go fast parts, turbo etc.........

Long time since we talked
V-MAN

Post by V-MAN »

Geezer wrote:Last I heard from Joe he sold his V8 and got in Trumph
in line 4 bikes,,,,,Think he spent a ton on go fast parts, turbo etc.........

Long time since we talked
Imzz4 wrote:He just sent this today.

"I just bought a KTM Superduke 1290 GT.. You talk a bout a BLAST for a bike!450 lbs....173 hp and 107 lbs torque. "

He had a Triumph ,like Dave's, that he had a bunch of speed mods done to. I guess he still has it and still likes to go fast ! I still think his 383 was a bit faster than my 408 but we'll never know. (perhaps by 1/2 a bike!)
Thanks guys, I remembered him buying the Rocket and talking about a trip he was planning with his son ... I think cross crountry. It's been a looong time since we have talked also. Jeff, please say hello to Joe for me. I have talked to a couple other "old timers" that got the same strange email from his account. I do believe his email account was compromised somehow so I did not reply.

Don

Bryan Ward

Post by Bryan Ward »

You guys may have heard that we just found Joe's bike up here in Moncton, New Brunswick, Canada. Mike Vrensen here has had it for about 4 years and I met him 2 years ago. The bike has been here right under my nose the whole time and I didn't realize it. I never paid much attention to the bike until the other day when I was helping Mike fix a fuel leak. I was noticing all the upgrades and there were lots of them and a lot of quality workmanship on the bike, so I got curious and started asking around. Shane figured it out right away so now we all know...............

Bryan

Bryan Ward
Imzz4

Post by Imzz4 »

I got a call from Bill the other day about Joe's bike, and it was my first time talking with him . I really enjoyed our conversation but he was soooooo drunk it was hard to understand him . Ok, not really ! Nice guy Bill and again, thanks for all you do keeping this site great !!
I did some of the work on the bike and can answer some questions if the owner has any. The pics he sent me look like its been well taken care of.. I remember this, that is one FAST 383 stroker all kidding aside. Enjoy . :siterock:
Bryan Ward

Post by Bryan Ward »

Jeff,

Did you build the motor in that bike? If not do you know who did?

I was watching Mike doing a few practice burnouts the other day and could tell by the sound of this motor that this isn't your everyday SBC. This is a wicked 383 Stroker at 480 HP and whoever built it knew what they wanted to achieve.

I'm starting to think that I might need a pair of those AFR heads, lol :badtothebone:

Bryan

Bryan Ward
Imzz4

Post by Imzz4 »

I think it has 10 1/2 to 1's with this cam. Xtreme Energy™ XR282HR; 2200 to 5800 RPM Range. The heads are 195's with and Eagle crank and rods. I think the guy who built it just came to his house and took the engine home with him and did it. I had the manifold off once because of a coolant leak from the factory motor mount problems. There was some pitting on the R/S head at the water outlet. I used Hylomar and Felpro gaskets to fix that. I put a Crane multi spark dist. in it , and it made a huge improvement in starting and roll-on pull that both Joe and I noticed. So much so, I put the same setup in my 408. We thought the advance curve and the vacuum curve just happened to be "perfect" for that engine setup to run so good. I remember it was important to make sure your shit was together before you lit into a bunch of throttle !!