Boss Hoss Glory Days

topics about v8 bikes and their owners
Forum Sponsored by Chris Cruz Artistry
Grand Canard

Boss Hoss Glory Days

Post by Grand Canard »

Boy, I remember the glory days when Boss Hoss was the fad, the hottest shit on 2 wheels, there was 40+ Boss Hoss dealers and most of them had in stock all sorts of custom stuff to sell such as the breather cans and mounts I'm currently seeking.
Those dealers, some were legendary dealers such as Marv@Chopper City or Curtis@Texas BH or Mike Kelly@Summit BH, Tim Dalbach@BH Concepts to name a few are gone now save Tom @ Mountain BH.
Aside from Monte, the Supreme Legend whom started it all with his creation, it was the likes of a small handful of legendary dealers that forever changed Boss Hoss by offering radical custom machines that ROCKED! Some of the machines ............. Tom's Super Mountain bikes w/ 606; fucking WOW! Mike Kelly's, WOW!! Marv "the KING of Speed" and his builds.
The first super BH I ever saw was one of Marv's builds at Sturgis, this 600+ cube asphalt pounding, throbbing muscle bike pulls up along side of me and my brother in stopped traffic whom are new to BH and we're both proudly riding new ZZ4 350 powered BH's thinking we were the shit in a sea of Harleys; we were immediately humbled and in awe in the presence of this insane fucking bike. My brother leans over to me and says "we got Gay bikes". ...............I sure do miss those days.
Rick

"Work when you have to,
Quit when you can.
Follow your dream
Be your own man.
Drink when you're thirsty
Whoop when you're high.
Love a good woman...
Ride till you die."
Wild Bill

Re: Boss Hoss Glory Days

Post by Wild Bill »

“We got gay bikes” LOL!

I was riding BHs with John Stanley years ago and a guy asked us how we liked our bikes with the 350 Chevy V8 engines.

John says, “those 350's are amazing engines, very quick, lots of torque. My grandmother rides a Boss Hoss with a 350. She loves it! These bikes have 502 big block engines, however.”

That was some funny shit, we laughed our asses off.

I feel ya about the good ol' days, Bro!

WB
"A true hotrodder wouldn't be content until he had created a vehicle so violent, so hairy, so totally sick that the very act of dropping the hammer would result in instant death. Anything less results in the need to go faster." - Tony DeFeo
misfit

Post by misfit »

I hear you. Those were the glory days. I'll never forget being in Sturgis and seeing Monte cruising main street on old number one! I was hooked and finally bought my first Boss in '97 a '95 kit bike. I think I'm on my 5th or 6th one now but, have never had a big block .... Yet... I tell everyone I have the sportster of the Boss Hoss world...
Jack

Post by Jack »

Weird that I saw more BHs in the Buffalo area in the early 2000s than I do now. I wonder if they are in storage or if they all sold out of state.
To be clear, I have the only V8 bike in my area that I'm aware of... I never see them anywhere anymore.
1998 Wild One Custom - Homebuilt
Orlando606VetteTrike

Post by Orlando606VetteTrike »

So true Rick. I’ve only been a V8 owner since Sept 2015 and have said there are times I wish I’d been involved back in the mid 2000’s when things were really rocking. On that same note, I could have not afforded the killler machine I now have. Becoming friends with Marv has kept things interesting and alive that’s for sure. In addition there is now another beautiful BB here in Orlando. Oct through April is becoming a great time of year too with Marv and his buddies being down in Polk City. So all in all Central FL not so bad for us V8’s :-)
2008 606 Corvette Trike
Grand Canard

Post by Grand Canard »

Jack wrote:Weird that I saw more BHs in the Buffalo area in the early 2000s than I do now. I wonder if they are in storage or if they all sold out of state.
To be clear, I have the only V8 bike in my area that I'm aware of... I never see them anywhere anymore.
Same here, I have the only BH around; makes me famous!! lol

"Work when you have to,
Quit when you can.
Follow your dream
Be your own man.
Whoop when you're high.
Love a good woman...
Ride till you die."
hogv8

Post by hogv8 »

I think I'm the only one in Oswego County NY that owns a Boss Hoss . Most think it's cool except 99 percent of the Harley riders . Fuck them , I've spent more time changing oil on Harleys than most of them have spent riding Harleys . Even some of my old timer Harley rider bros can't understand why but the way I feel is they don't know what the Fuck they are missing .
buyarbi

Post by buyarbi »

I'm still makin the good old days to talk about. It has always been a highway chopper for me. Never has been a gaggle of bikes kind of ride. Like riding the fence line on the community pasture. When you meet somebody out there with the same bike you are instantly bonded for that bit of time. But thats just my way of seeing things on any bike. Happy Days Brothers :group_hug:
Sonny

Post by Sonny »

I'll be at Mountain this weekend from Thursday-Sunday for Tom's annual Open House and the Thunder in the Valley event. Will be trailering out with my buddy Kurt and his Mountain Super custom 606.
2009 350/385 MBH bike
Grand Canard

Post by Grand Canard »

Sonny wrote:I'll be at Mountain this weekend from Thursday-Sunday for Tom's annual Open House and the Thunder in the Valley event. Will be trailering out with my buddy Kurt and his Mountain Super custom 606.
Have fun!
While there, get the latest scoop on Winters transmissions, revisions to Winters transmissions, torque converter options, and the possibility of incorporating a trans brake, then give us the full report.
Rick

"Work when you have to,
Quit when you can.
Follow your dream
Be your own man.
Whoop when you're high.
Love a good woman...
Ride till you die."
Sonny

Post by Sonny »

Is Bruce and Debbie at Stamford BH no longer around? They are not listed in the latest issue of Boss Hoss Country magazine.
2009 350/385 MBH bike
SRF
Tech Advisorator

Post by SRF »

I believe that dealers are only listed in Boss Hoss Country Magazine when they pay to advertise. So not being listed does not necessarily mean anything. Stanford is listed on bosshoss.com and their website is still active but not sure that either of those give you a current definite answer either. http://www.bosshossct.com/

Shane
Sonny

Post by Sonny »

Their website only shows 2 older sold bikes and that's it.
2009 350/385 MBH bike
Ron Radulski

Post by Ron Radulski »

Sonny, I'm not doubting you about Stamford BH. Shane is absolutely correct about paying to advertise in the magazine though. Just my 2 cents. I texted Kurt this afternoon. We'll see you guys at Mountain!
randy burkey

Post by randy burkey »

[quote="Sonny"]I'll be at Mountain this weekend from Thursday-Sunday for Tom's annual Open House and the Thunder in the Valley event. Will be trailering out with my buddy Kurt and his Mountain Super custom 606.[/
Sonny, Glad to see you trailering, Calling for a lot of rain and was thinking about you..John Selby and I are arriving Friday morning.( trailering) ..Hope to see you..And between John And I there will be plenty of beer in the parking lots...Be safe!
phpBB [video]
SQ4MN

Post by SQ4MN »

DAVE & BOSS HOSS.jpg
There is only one more Boss Hoss bike in Las Vegas that I know of and no other V8 Choppers except me. THE V8 BIKE WORLD IS A SMALL ONE BUT A GOOD ONE.

ImageLas Vegas, Nevada
buyarbi

Post by buyarbi »

I totall :capwin: y agree
Sonny

Post by Sonny »

Just an update - Bruce and Debbie at Stamford BH are no longer in business. A new dealership just opened in the last 2 weeks or so local to me in Pitman, NJ. and they are going up to Stamford this week to meet with Bruce and Debbie likely to see if they can obtain what they have there. Good news though for me as the new dealer is only about 45 minutes away. They were just recently listed on the BH website.
2009 350/385 MBH bike
3FOR2

Post by 3FOR2 »

ACE Motorworks? Holy crap, never saw that coming. Jeff is a good guy - no BS, pretty quiet, straight shooter. They did my Goldwing/Hannigan trike. This will be interesting.
Pat.
2013 Pickup, LS3-445 with Hot Cam
Ron Radulski

Post by Ron Radulski »

Sonny, thanks for that information. I told my Boss Hoss friends that live in Allentown & Scranton, PA. The one in Allentown was quite happy to hear that. Ron
hogv8

Post by hogv8 »

I don't really need a dealer because I do all my own work but is Mike Kelly still an active Boss Hoss dealer/repair shop ? I'm moving to North Fort Meyers FL. area and am just curious . I know Marko Island is not far from where I'll be living