Welcome to ALL the Newcomers!!!!!

topics about v8 bikes and their owners
Forum Sponsored by Chris Cruz Artistry
Butterfly

Welcome to ALL the Newcomers!!!!!

Post by Butterfly »

Howdy, and welcome to the site! We do have a lot of fun here :lol: Most every night you can find some of us in the chat room, cuttin up!!! :shock: Come on in and have some fun and talk about V8s! :D We are all Family here! Don't be shy now!!!!!
Butterfly
zzz

Re: Welcome to ALL the Newcomers!!!!!

Post by zzz »

Hell ya! If I can't find a V-8 all I need to do is buy 3 more Harleys and I will have my V8.........Casper
Fuckin Santa Fe, New Mexico
Els

Post by Els »

Uhhhh, sorry Bubba...that won't work. Even if you had 20 Hardly's, it won't equate to one good V8! ;)

I thought perhaps with all the whispering in your ear from W.M. and all the JD's you guys were spilling, you'd have a "For Sale" sign on the HD and be scouting for a V8 of one variety or another by now.

In the meantime, I don't know any V8 riders that wouldn't be happy if you joined in on the ride. 8-) Best,

Els
Image...Todd, North Carolina
Image Image Image
zzz

Post by zzz »

Els wrote:Uhhhh, sorry Bubba...that won't work. Even if you had 20 Hardly's, it won't equate to one good V8! ;)

I thought perhaps with all the whispering in your ear from W.M. and all the JD's you guys were spilling, you'd have a "For Sale" sign on the HD and be scouting for a V8 of one variety or another by now.

In the meantime, I don't know any V8 riders that wouldn't be happy if you joined in on the ride. 8-) Best,

Els
Thanx Els! I Actually was wondering if anyone knows of someone who just has got to have an HD or else they'll just die. This is the guy I need to talk to. Kinda funny how addicting these things are. Hey Els, I'm a big dude like you and the V8 just fits me sooooo well. Windy thinks I should have my head examined but we all know that it would do no good. If I can't sell the Hog, I'm thinking about a Hyabusa. I raced Suzuki drag bikes 100 years ago when I was a young man. I still remember those days like they were yesterday. Suzuki VS Kawasaki. I had a '79 GS-1000 with an 1105 Wiseco piston kit, 11.5 compression ratio, Yoshimura cams with slotted sprockets so I could degree them in perfectly, Vance and Hines drag pipe, 29MM Mikuni smooth bores, DID WM-6 aluminum rim with a Goodyear Racing Slick and a Robertson Cycle Specialties wheelie bar. I ran 10.36 second quarter mile times consistantly at 136 MPH. The only problem is that I feel like a gorrilla fucking a football when I ride one of those little jap bikes. Hell they're made by a bunch of mites for a bunch of mites! WM's Hoss was not only scary fast but it was so comfortable for me. Hell I could kick my own ass all day long at the drag strip, then take the long way on the ride home! Sheesh. If anyone knows somebody who want's my Harley please let me know. It's a cherry 2000 FLHTPI Police Special with Screaming Eagle intake and exhaust. It Runs quite nicely and not a scratch on it thank you very much. I'll even throw in the Rebel flag if it's ok with you guys! By the way, I'd sure love to join the ride. Thanks.

Casper<------Hyper-ventillating!

PS....I'm drunk as hell. Does this site have spell check?
Els

Post by Els »

Casper,

So, you're one of those guys who can get stewed and still type and spell perfect...yeah, you can surely handle the V8! :shock:

The good news is your Harley sounds like a nice ride. I liked the pic the other day and if the Rebel flag doesn't sell it, I don't know! Unfortunately, the news the other night was sobering for HD. They had a 13% drop in sales last quarter which is pretty huge. I believe they said they're laying off 8,000 workers. Not sure whether that will relate to an increased demand for preowned bikes or whether it means there's a corresponding double digit drop there as well. I found recently when selling an '05 BMW K1200LT that color and price are everything in the resale market. I did the Bike Trader Online version and sold mine in a week with the price a smidge lower than the others.

I've had two 'Busas in the last few years and love 'em. Both somewhat stock and were blazing fast. Really enjoyed them in FL. Here in the mountains, I couldn't keep up with the 20 year olds on their R1's, R6's, ZX10's, etc so I traded an '05 'Busa for an '07 GSXR-1000 (Gixxer). More hp, lower weight, much better tuned suspension for aggressive twisty riding. It's in my garage now and I love it. Every bit as fast as most V8's but who cares....nobody loves 'em but me?! No one giving me a thumbs up, no million and one stupid questions at the gas pumps or bike nights, no women flashing their tits, no jealousy or sneering from the Harley snobs, etc. And then there's that "gorilla fucking a football" you mention....I feel pretty good on the Jap bikes but when looking at a picture of myself on one, I want to puke. What's a 6 foot, 235 lb guy doing on one of these?! The 20 year olds I ride with are 5'-8" and 140 lbs. THEY look normal. I look goofy! (see pic below of me leathered up heading out to ride).

Hold out for the V8 Casper. It's more than the speed although the Jap bikes do offer that great speed rush at a fraction of the dollars. Still, all the other "stuff" that goes with the V8's is worth everything in my book.

Els
Attachments
DSCN0477.JPG
DSC01617.JPG
DSC01047.JPG
#2 Busa Pics 001.jpg
Image...Todd, North Carolina
Image Image Image
zzz

Post by zzz »

Els wrote:Casper,

So, you're one of those guys who can get stewed and still type and spell perfect...yeah, you can surely handle the V8! :shock:

The good news is your Harley sounds like a nice ride. I liked the pic the other day and if the Rebel flag doesn't sell it, I don't know! Unfortunately, the news the other night was sobering for HD. They had a 13% drop in sales last quarter which is pretty huge. I believe they said they're laying off 8,000 workers. Not sure whether that will relate to an increased demand for preowned bikes or whether it means there's a corresponding double digit drop there as well. I found recently when selling an '05 BMW K1200LT that color and price are everything in the resale market. I did the Bike Trader Online version and sold mine in a week with the price a smidge lower than the others.

I've had two 'Busas in the last few years and love 'em. Both somewhat stock and were blazing fast. Really enjoyed them in FL. Here in the mountains, I couldn't keep up with the 20 year olds on their R1's, R6's, ZX10's, etc so I traded an '05 'Busa for an '07 GSXR-1000 (Gixxer). More hp, lower weight, much better tuned suspension for aggressive twisty riding. It's in my garage now and I love it. Every bit as fast as most V8's but who cares....nobody loves 'em but me?! nep one giving me a thumbs up, nep million and one stupid questions at the gas pumps or bike nights, nep women flashing their tits, nep jealousy or sneering from the Harley snobs, etc. And then there's that "gorilla fucking a football" you mention....I feel pretty good on the Jap bikes but when looking at a picture of myself on one, I want to puke. What's a 6 foot, 235 lb guy doing on one of these?! The 20 year olds I ride with are 5'-8" and 140 lbs. THEY look normal. I look goofy! (see pic below of me leathered up heading out to ride).

Hold out for the V8 Casper. It's more than the speed although the Jap bikes do offer that great speed rush at a fraction of the dollars. Still, all the other "stuff" that goes with the V8's is worth everything in my book.

Els
Good morning Els. You know it's funny but I also owned a Gixxer. A white and blue 1987 GSXR-750. A fun bike for sure but I couldn't spend more than 20 mins. on it before I was ready for the chiropractor. I do love the ladies and don't even mention riding two up on the thing. The added weight of a big fat chick laying all over my back was a real killer. After several bikes later Harley introduced the FXDX Dyna Super Glide Sport. Surely this was the bike for me! Not. Riding it in the canyons around Denver, Colorado and even in town was cool but here out west in the wide open spaces the bike was once again too small. Story of my life. I suppose Goldwings are good bikes but I could never get by how ugly they are. I got a friend with one up in Denver. The thing sounds like a sewing machine for Christ sake. Hell's Bells Els I think meeting up with you Rebels is finally the way to go! I'm going to really apply myself to this project and come up with a V8. WM says we can hunt one down and Santa Fe seems to be quite a Harley town. The things are every where. I believe I'll have no trouble unloading it here. I wouldn't feel comfortable financing the entire cost so selling my Hog is my first priority. Hey I didn't mention this but I have an absolutely cherry 1981 Kawasaki KZ-1000M CSR. Not a scratch. It's like hopping in a time machine and visiting your local Kaw dealer 27 years ago. It's a blast to ride. This morning I get to change the front motor mount on the Hog. The rubber finally rotted and is cracking apart. Santa Fe Harley wants $150 to do the job. I ordered the part from Dennis Kirk for $18.95. a guy can buy alot of "Nep Whisky" for 130 dollars! Take care Els, I gotta go bang up my knuckles. Maybe I should just bash my hand with a hammer right now and get it over with......Casper
Last edited by zzz on Tue May 06, 2008 9:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.
EAGLE

Post by EAGLE »

Bro's,

I had a 1987 GSXR 1100. Ahhh the Hair Days. The dang thing threw me 178.5 feet according to the accident report. CRAP! It still hurts. I'm actually 1.75 inches shorter than I was before the accident. :shock: That's why as I have grown older and matured, I decided to chill out kick back and get me a cruiser ;) 8-)
Sleep In Peace Tonight!
EAGLE!!!!!
KISS

Post by KISS »

Nice and easy cruiser you have! :o
EAGLE

Post by EAGLE »

Jep! ;)
Sleep In Peace Tonight!
EAGLE!!!!!