Elsboss going away...for good?

topics about v8 bikes and their owners
Forum Sponsored by Chris Cruz Artistry
Els

Elsboss going away...for good?

Post by Els »

I'm thinking it's time for the "Elsboss" handle to go bye bye. :cry: After 5 years, 3 bikes, 2 trikes of Boss Hosses, I've now been without for about 3 years. In spite of liking the handle, it's somewhat traitorous considering I'm now a member of the V8Chopper family.

Elsboss sounded a bunch better than "Elschop" or "Elswhatever" or "Elsthebugfucker" :shock: (I think Fast Eddie called me that once) so I'm probably going to just go with "Els" and leave it at that.

I even considered a contest or challenge or plea from the guys and gals on this board to come up with a catchy handle to use considering the V8Choppers but then I came to my senses. I'm sure there could have been ones that are even worse than the one Eddie called me.

Els 8-) ?
Image...Todd, North Carolina
Image Image Image
Elvis

Re: Elsboss going away...for good?

Post by Elvis »

From one "El" to another "El", good choice. :lol: :lol:
Wild Bill

Post by Wild Bill »

This has the potential to be MUCH TOO FUN to let it pass by...

How about: ELS BELLS 8-)

WB
"A true hotrodder wouldn't be content until he had created a vehicle so violent, so hairy, so totally sick that the very act of dropping the hammer would result in instant death. Anything less results in the need to go faster." - Tony DeFeo
AR

Post by AR »

Stupid efficent moderator already fixed it :evil:
Els

Post by Els »

Wild Bill wrote:This has the potential to be MUCH TOO FUN to let it pass by...

How about: ELS BELLS 8-)

WB

Bill,

Wow, you're in a kind and gentle mood tonight! I was hoping you wouldn't see this thread knowing I was going to get a good (and deserved) thrashing! Compared to what I expected to hear, that was easy! Thanks bro'! :lol:

Looking forward to see you at MB. I'm already on the countdown. Best,

Els
Image Image Image
Crazy Rick

Post by Crazy Rick »

V8ChopperEls.............sounds alittle French to me, :lol:

ElsChopperels.............alittle Mexican flavor, :?

How about an update on the ride? Acrophil is counting the days until he gets his.

CR
Only those who have been OVER the edge, know where the edge actually is. The rest of you are just guessing !!
MY Retirement Plan is to "DIE BEFORE RETIREMENT"

CR http://photos.v8bikeservice.com/
AR

Post by AR »

ElsV8

Cheli8

Cheliot

BigfatbastardwidthenicelogcabinprettywifetoomuchmoneylivinthelifeweallwantridinV8choppersfuk
KISS

Post by KISS »

Something Els?
sled350

Post by sled350 »

Rob I think your 4th celection is the best. Els did win the jacket so maybe Lucky Bastard for short

Sled
KISS

Post by KISS »

Els Bossjacket ? :shock:
Ravinsomniac

Post by Ravinsomniac »

El Rider ?
Els

Post by Els »

Ok guys, I asked for it, I got it. Rob, you win....only 'cause of the number of letters. It has nothing to do with the first part of it being 100% correct and the pretty wife part, ha ha. :lol:

I'm going to have to take a pass on all the others and stick with my "Els" pick. Only thing now is my thinking about what CR said. Sounds kinda Mexican to me but as long as it doesn't sound Liberian or Ethiopian, I can handle the handle. New license plate is ELS V8. Can't get too hurt with that one.

As far as the ride report Rick, it's been 'interesting" but great. Here on the real twisties in the mountains, the 300 tire is not so agile as the 240 or 250 was. You can feel the transition putting it hard over. There's also a bit of that "chopper bounce" in the hard corners which I quite frankly enjoy. Long stretch (wheelbase), bit of frame flex. I personally love rigid frame bikes because of this reason. On the straights and otherwise "normal" roads, you would think there's a full blown suspension. Absortion of bumps through the tires, forks and frame makes it feel not hardly different than any other road bike I've owned.

What Phil is going to really get off on is the motor. For many years I was one of those guys that played the bigblock vs smallblock game with buds. "Small"block eh, yeah it's a nice "girls" motor, ha ha. I knew better hanging at the track over the years but it's still fun to do. This motor will level that playing field. It's always been about attitude to me with the bikes and the DART motor has lots of snotty attitude. The guys I got to visit with in Daytona told me they thought the sound and lope were just as good as most bigblocks. Phils trike combining that powerplant with a for real Powerglide is a kick in the ass for sure.

You guys are a bunch of laughs. Thanks for all the recommendations both serious (yeah right) and otherwise. These V8 bikes and the guys who ride them are as good as it gets.

Els aka Elsboss aka ElsV8 aka Lucky Bastard aka Elschopperels aka Els Bells aka Bigfatbastardwidthenicelogcabinprettywifeblahblahblah...
Image Image Image
Smoke'em

Post by Smoke'em »

How bout Elshole ok...a joke...do not get amped.......a little AM NYC humor. Since I can't get on the other board I am getting whacky. :o But you kind of did ask for suggestions.

"Speed costs money. How fast do you wanna go?"
Els

Post by Els »

Pete,

You NY SOB's are cutting edge mean! Yes, I deserved that for sure. I have been called worse though and occasionally it's deserved. You probably opened a Pandora's box with that name. Every time I piss off one of the V8 guys now I'm going to be "Elshole". Haaaaa! :lol:

Just spoke to my Dad who's up there (NYC) with his girlfriend and he said it was bedlam due to the Pope's visit. He did manage to rub it in though telling me about lunch at the Brooklyn Diner and dinner at Our Place II. I'm jealous and looking forward to hopefully seeing you up there right after Labor Day. Appreciated the Washington Sq. Hotel suggestion. I'm booked. Best,

Els......period ;)
Image Image Image
carburetormike

Post by carburetormike »

How about "ElsBigBalls." Then your theme song can be AD/DC I've got Big Balls.
Pa does border on New York you know. Hee Hee

Carb. Mike
Els

Post by Els »

Finally, one I could be proud of, thanks Mike!

My geography knowledge is lacking in certain areas. Your part of the world is one of those areas. I often forget how big PA. is but when we drove it last year for the first time, I had better appreciation.

When we come in, it's from I-81 / I-78 through PA and into NJ and then NY. We've said we wanted to stop when able at the big Bass Pro Shop (forgot where), Hershey and a few other PA spots when we're not in such a hurry to make it to NY before I-95 and the Lincoln Tunnel traffic starts getting real nasty.

Anyhow Mike, I'm going to be there on or near Sept. 6th for a week or so. Joe R., Fast Eddie, and Pete E. have threatened hooking up with me if able and doing some riding. I wanted to mix it up between doing some city riding through the "hoods" and heading outside the city to all the spots I've never seen. Sure would enjoy your company if you're able during that time. Please let me know.

Just "Els"
Image Image Image
Boom Boom & Rockstar

Post by Boom Boom & Rockstar »

ELSKOOL?????
Boom Boom & Rockstar

Post by Boom Boom & Rockstar »

after all if you pronounce it EL Skool..we always learn alot from you and I personally enjoy your threads or if you pronounce it Els Kool , you do have a kool ass chopper and you seem like a real kool guy....just a thought..Boom
Els

Post by Els »

Boom Boom,

Very kind words, thank you. I have too many old friends who would see that handle and want to give me a good beating.

You and I and the folks on these boards definitely consider our V8's to be the coolest (or is that "kewlest", or "koolest" or... 8-) ) but as we've seen on some other threads, some of the other bikers don't think the same. I've tried to go just the opposite direction with some of these guys when I sense it and make like our V8's are just the normal, routine ride ho hum ride and conive them into telling ME it's cool instead of my telling them.

Yep, I'm going with the ElsV8 on the license tag and just plain ol' "Els" on the boards. I sure do like your idea and Mike's better than some of the others though! :roll:

Els
Image Image Image