Forum Sponsored by Chris Cruz Artistry
russpang

My new trike PICS!!

Post by russpang »

More pics click here

KISS

Re: My new trike PICS!!

Post by KISS »

Congratulations for your new ride! :o Have you allready ordered new Pro Street Kit from Big Joe?
EAGLE

Post by EAGLE »

Brother Russ,

Clint44 is working a Kewl Metal package deal for trikes. He says it's a go, he's just looking for one or two more guys I think. He is also looking for a one piece seat if you like the Mustang trike seat better???????????????????????
Sleep In Peace Tonight!
EAGLE!!!!!
AR

Post by AR »

Can someone tell me why they discontinued the vette trike :roll: :evil: :cry: :x :( :o :?: ...like look at these pics.
Puff

Post by Puff »

Rob,

Folks were buying many more '32, '57,
and truck trikes than the Vette trikes.
That's why. :cry:

Bill
Bill Van Sant

Els

Post by Els »

Russ,

That trike is tits! Extremely cool 8-) . I understand the "why" reason Bill states but it sure doesn't reflect my pick of trikes. I had a '57 body shell and my wife had the '63 'Vette. In spite of cooler paint on my trike, hers got more attention...and well deserved. The 'Vette trike is definitely my #1 pick.

The "Spirit of America" flag theme and 502 totally make it. Congrats and great choice!

Els

P.S. Almost forgot to mention...a little juice on the bigblock trikes will get you first class smokers and really make a difference. Nothing better than a nitrous burnout on the 3 wheelers. :o :shock: :D :twisted:
Image...Todd, North Carolina
Image Image Image
Redtro

Post by Redtro »

I heard the reason for the "vette" discontinuation was because the factory wanted to get away from the tilt bodied trikes....something about a problem with them lifting the rider at high speeds. That meant that they had to use trunk lids and the vette has no access to the trunk from the outside. I'm not very knowlegeable about the corvette and this may be all hogwash...just what I heard.
Els

Post by Els »

Ricky,

I can't imagine that being accurate. I raced my '57 trike often at the track and saw speeds in excess of 120 mph quite often. No hint of lift. Same with my wife's 'Vette trike.

When you consider the weight of the rider(s) sitting on the seat which is so far forward of the hinge point, it would seem impossible...but I'm no engineer.

I do know this for sure...lifting the body to work on these trikes is infinitely more desirable than not being able to. Additionally, we had oodles of dry storage with the tilt body.

I would have suspected it had more to do with sales.

Elliot
Image Image Image
Redtro

Post by Redtro »

Well, like I said, it was hearsay. They did stop making the vette model at the same time they quit making the tilt body trikes. I agree about the advantages of the tilt body and it would seem to not be that big of an issue. If that was the reason, I'm sure it wasn't and is not now something to be too concerned about, but you can imagine the liability the factory could potentially face if someone got killed because of this.
Els

Post by Els »

That would be pretty wild Ricky. Hauling ass at a cool 125 mph and all of a sudden feel the whole top of the body shell with you riding it start to raise! :shock:

Ok, now with that being said, is Russ doing anything to that 502?! Nitrous burnouts on the trikes are too much fun!

Els
Image Image Image
Redtro

Post by Redtro »

:lol: :lol: Well, he just got it on Tuesday of this week. I asked him yesterday if he had gotten in the secondaries yet and he said no. He's just getting the feel of it right now. I'm sure he'll be checking it out before much longer.
Clint44

Post by Clint44 »

EAGLE wrote:Brother Russ,
Clint44 is working a Kewl Metal package deal for trikes. He says it's a go, he's just looking for one or two more guys I think.
I talked to Big Joe of Kewlmetal at Laughlin. He told me they now have raked trees for either bikes or trikes.
The group purchase will save us a bunch of green and that's always good,,right? 8-)
Clint & Sherry
2006 Boss Hoss 57 trike (sold)