THE world's best chrome polish!

topics about v8 bikes and their owners
Forum Sponsored by Chris Cruz Artistry
zenbiker

THE world's best chrome polish!

Post by zenbiker »

I know you've tried them all but this is the only one I've ever tried that will actually get minor scratches out of chrome and leave it absolutely perfect. Give it a try....Joe
http://www.blingmaster.com/
Butterfly

Re: THE world's best chrome polish!

Post by Butterfly »

Cool!!!!
Butterfly
Els

Post by Els »

zenbiker wrote:I know you've tried them all but this is the only one I've ever tried that will actually get minor scratches out of chrome and leave it absolutely perfect. Give it a try....Joe
http://www.blingmaster.com/

Joe, if it can actually get small scratches out of chrome, it will be the first product I've ever seen that can. That alone is surely worth a try. Thanks,

Elliot
Image...Todd, North Carolina
Image Image Image
EAGLE

Post by EAGLE »

Brother Els,

Be careul with the applied pressure. Elvis had an issue when he tried this polish. He and Brother Joe think he may have rubbed too hard :( . Bro' Elvis said it scratched his chrome more than polished it. He also said that it makes a reat aluminum polish though. :|
Sleep In Peace Tonight!
EAGLE!!!!!
Els

Post by Els »

Eagle,

I hear this loud and clear. A lot of the metal polishes are using a slight abrasive in them. I've never heard of chrome polishing out but it sure as hell scratches. I've not personally done it but heard exactly what you suggest.

I hate polished anything anymore. I've polished enough for 10 lifetimes but understand the advantage of being able to polish a scratch out versus just being generally screwed when chrome gets scratched. I asked Stan to chrome a number of parts that would usually be polished like intake and air breather. Trying to get to an intake under a gas tank and with all the curves and nooks and crannies was good reason to go with chrome.

I use a polish called Xtreme. It's weird stuff that comes in a rolled wad of cleaning fiber that is soaked with this pink chemical and you tear off a small piece, rub, and wipe off. It works great on chrome (won't scratch) and polished aluminum, stainless, etc. I've yet to find anything better.

Thanks again for the heads up.

Els
Image Image Image
EAGLE

Post by EAGLE »

No problem Bro' and I can't wait to see the new ride. 8-)
Sleep In Peace Tonight!
EAGLE!!!!!
zenbiker

Post by zenbiker »

I just scratched my headlight shell with this "great" shit. Funny, it actually buffed light scratches out of my handlebar.
FORGET my previous testimonial. It's a VERY fine abrasive but is an abrasive just the same...Sorry!...Joe
Els

Post by Els »

Joe,

Check my post two posts up. Don't want to do a "told you so" but I had never heard of anything that would polish out scratches from chrome. Any abrasive whatsoever will fuck it up. Sorry to hear about your headlight.

If you have never tried Xtreme, check it out.

Elliot
Image Image Image
Els

Post by Els »

Mike,

I've been using it since my first Boss Hoss which had LOTS of polished unfortunately. :cry: It's the best I've used. Like most other guys, I've used tons of different brands and used to think MOTHER'S was real good 'til I got X-Treem.

I've been spelling it wrong unfortunately. The correct spelling is X-Treem Metal Polish. Had to come back in to this post and edit because the contact I used for buying it was gone. Do a Google search and you'll see it all over the place. Goes a real long way and has an unlimited shelf life but ain't cheap.

Els
Image Image Image
Boom Boom & Rockstar

Post by Boom Boom & Rockstar »

what can you use to get the crap from the inside of the rims..having a heck of a time getting them clean????
Els

Post by Els »

wildman wrote:
Els, where did you hear of this xtreme shit? WM
Els, Im having a bit of a laugh on the xtreme shit and where you found out about it. How time flies. I remember when I first met you on the other site you were saying you were on a mission to find the best chrome polish. I had just won the "best of chrome" in the all Boss Hoss show in Daytona and knew that this stuff was the bomb. I was a little hesitant to share my secret but could sense you were a good dude and told you about xtreme. You wrote me back later and said you had tried a dozen different kinds and xtreme was the best hands down. Haha, remember any of that? WM

This is where I usually get my shit. http://www.daytonwirewheels.com/accessories.html

Several years ago when I was first shown this product at a car show the guy kept a notebook with all the winners that had used the product. A month later I was toting my trophy home from Daytona. Some people even came up and asked how I got certain parts chromed and I told them it was just polished. Guess the secret is out of the bag now. Enjoy, WM

WM,

That's funny as crap! You have a WAY better memory than me but that rings a bell for sure! :idea: I only remember a recommendation via the Yahoo site but forgot it was you. Thanks a million bro', it's been on my shelf ever since!

Note in my last post on this thread I mentioned having to edit. That's because I originally put the contact info for Daytonawirewheel.com but when I checked it for shits & grins, it came up a weird site with nothing related to buying X-Treem. Also, there was an 800 number but I was unsure if it was accurate. I remember their pricing was great and I bought like 10 cans last order. Gave about 4 away to buds and kept 6. The stuff lasts forever and I still have a can or two so I haven't reordered in a few years. I'm wondering if they're still around. In any case, there are a bunch of resources if you Google "X-Treem Metal Polish" so it's ok. I'll once again thank you for a really great recommendation!

Boom Boom, you may want to take straight ammonia and squirt it out of a bottle onto your rims. I've found it to be very effective and very inexpensive as far as dissolving brake dust and grime. You could also use Krud Kutter or a commercial wheel cleaner but ammonia has always done the best job for me.

Els
Image Image Image
zenbiker

Post by zenbiker »

Elliot....I always thought the same and would never use anything but Windex or specific chrome polish on chrome because of previous fuck ups. I had a few minor scratches on my handlebar and figured I'd give it a try at Stamford's recommendation. It worked perfectly removing the scratches and not abrading the finish. I thought I'd found the holy grail for chrome.
If our handlebars are chrome and not polished stainless (which are they?), the only thing I can think is that the abrasions don't show up because the surface is so rounded and there is no flat area.
I wonder what the professional chromers use to buff up the chromed parts they do?
Chrome remains an enigma to me. It is so hard that you can't buff scratches out and so soft that you can scratch it by looking at it sideways! :?
Back to Windex. ...Joe
Els

Post by Els »

zenbiker wrote:Elliot....I always thought the same and would never use anything but Windex or specific chrome polish on chrome because of previous fuck ups. I had a few minor scratches on my handlebar and figured I'd give it a try at Stamford's recommendation. It worked perfectly removing the scratches and not abrading the finish. I thought I'd found the holy grail for chrome.
If our handlebars are chrome and not polished stainless (which are they?), the only thing I can think is that the abrasions don't show up because the surface is so rounded and there is no flat area.
I wonder what the professional chromers use to buff up the chromed parts they do?
Chrome remains an enigma to me. It is so hard that you can't buff scratches out and so soft that you can scratch it by looking at it sideways! :?
Back to Windex. ...Joe

Joe, I was wondering the same with your handlebars vs your headlight. You hit it right on the head with the hard & soft comments. I hope you're able to camoflage your headlight damage if it is noticable as that can be pretty obvious and pretty expensive to replace.

Perhaps all chrome isn't created equal? Hearing Stamford's recommendation makes you think it has been tried with success yet your results prove otherwise. I know when it comes to chrome, some is sure done better than others.

WM, thanks for the suggestion aboiut Dri Wash & Guard. It's now on my list. I've got as many types of wash solutions as Joe has polishes. None of what I've used to date stands out as great.

Els
Image Image Image
Elvis

Post by Elvis »

zenbiker wrote:I just scratched my headlight shell with this "great" shit. .......Joe
That was the first thing I scratched also, then I scratched my handle bar clamp just to make sure. So now it's only aluminum polish.