Interesting day in fuckin Sante Fe, NM

topics about v8 bikes and their owners
Forum Sponsored by Chris Cruz Artistry
gaston 2005 502
Location: South Texas & Working Around the World, Across The Nation And Up Your Street

Re: Interesting day in fuckin Sante Fe, NM

Post by gaston 2005 502 »

Wildman,,
Good days story. enjoyed reading it. Wet tires and high horspeower and two wheels will spark up the adrenaline huh? It is amazing how small a world it is. Ride safe,,, 8-)

Darryl
Darryl Campbell
okie

Post by okie »

Good job Mike,I'm going to have to ride to that place now and check it out.
Geezer

Post by Geezer »

Mike:

A fantastic story......Really enjoyed it.

Geez
gaston 2005 502
Location: South Texas & Working Around the World, Across The Nation And Up Your Street

Post by gaston 2005 502 »

Mike,

I enjoyed the story and appreciate the time you took to post it. I have never been to route 66 that i remember, though i may have when i was a kid and we use to go to colorado every summer from when i was about 10 to 15 years old. it is amazing what kind of history was where people travel everyday and never know of it or think about it, and people you can meet when you make these travels. several years ago first time i went to bandera area i stopped at a historical marker, wasn't in bandera, but near the three sisters ranch roads, the sign spoke of an old barnstormer flyer that one time landed in their town, or crash landed,, he actually hit a barn there. I do not remeber if he hit the barn landing the first time there or upon his first attempted departure. he stayed there 2 weeks repairing his plane and then was off. they called him Slim. This is what i remember from the marker as it really surprised me. Soon after that departure from that town, he made his historic flight across the atlantic, non stop. Slim linburgh, Charles Linburgh as everyone who's old enough remembers him by. there is alot to history, as the next time i get up to Grand junction i will go to glen wood springs and see Doc Holiday's grave. I worked in grand junction on a rig inspection and on my off day i went to Moab. My co-worker went to grand junction and went to glenwood springs and told me of the old pioneer cemetery and of Doc Holiday's grave. I want to see that some day.
Another show you how small a world it is, when i was a kid i use to ride my bicycle or skateboard up to a car speed shop by the house and drool over the speed products and the hot rods that would sometime show up there. Fast forward to this year. I go to arkansas and have time to go to russleville and meet Rick Taylor. He has a bunch of old Boss Hoss Magazine and gives me 5 or so. i take them home and read of a guy who use to own 42 Speed shops around the country, Adrian West, He owned American Speed Centers, this was the hot rod shop by my house. Small world huh?

Anyway, thanks again for the post. And yes you are right there are so many people with things to say, they just need to speak up. Like the first time to see or ride a hoss, thread has been here a while, not many stories though, come on all, speak up. Someone has got to have some good hoss stories.

Darryl
Darryl Campbell