Paris Tn, pics

topics about v8 bikes and their owners
Forum Sponsored by Chris Cruz Artistry
SRF
Tech Advisorator

Re: Paris Tn, pics

Post by SRF »

Great pics Wildman! Here is a link to my pics: http://s236.photobucket.com/albums/ff76 ... m/2008BHR/

Shane
KISS

Post by KISS »

Big thanks WM and Shane! :lol:
Redtro

Post by Redtro »

Great Pictures...Thanks for sharing!
Oldun

Post by Oldun »

I'll second that, thanks for the great pictures!

Sooooo Rob - how are you getting that neat carb through airport security? Or are you just going to box it up with a V8 Chopper and take them both as checked baggage 8-)
My 100-proof woman
A bottle of 95-proof whiskey
A tank of 90-proof gas
And 502ci of V8 bike
:ridding:
Sonny

Post by Sonny »

Cool pics. Thanks !!
2009 350/385 MBH bike
hogv8

Post by hogv8 »

Shane , I'm always curious when I see a guy working on hie Boss . What was your problem ??

Jack
Harold Blocker
Outdrank the Perverator

Post by Harold Blocker »

Jack,

Shane replaced his fuel pump and filter. It gave him some trouble at La Crosse and did it again at Paris, so he replaced it. He's a lot like you, if something isn't exactly right, it will be!
Harold Blocker
Southeast Missouri
hblocker@clgw.net
ImageImage
hogv8

Post by hogv8 »

That's the reason I have a spare fuel pump mounted right next to my main pump so all I have to do is switch fuel lines and hopefully away I go . I also have a spare master relay mounted next to my main relay so I can just switch wires if I have a problem . I have a spare water pump motor wrapped up in bubble wrap about the size of a softball in the bottom of my storage area just in case along with a ignition module . I'm seriously thinking of buying a alternator bebuild kit to carry as a spare also and the I'll have just about all the bases covered . With my luck I'll probably break a belt of something like that and I'll still be dead in the water .

Jack
SRF
Tech Advisorator

Post by SRF »

Harold Blocker wrote:Jack,

Shane replaced his fuel pump and filter. It gave him some trouble at La Crosse and did it again at Paris, so he replaced it. He's a lot like you, if something isn't exactly right, it will be!
As Harold said my bike gave me problems twice in La Crosse didn't want to run after 2 different stops. I thought I was going to get left, got a few peoples attention and they stayed with me until it started. I was guessing fuel pump at the time but ran good the rest of the time and the 500 mile ride home. When I got home I found the feed line out of the tank laying on the intake so vapor lock was a possibility. Relocated the line and ordered a fuel pump that I was going to change along with the filter. Have had a good summer of riding including the trip to Iowa about 350 miles one way and over 500 miles to Paris. Never had another issue even when racing in Conesville. Friday at the rally after the ride that day I parked in the parking lot and came back a 1/2 hour later to move my bike it ran long enough to back out of the parking space before it died. Took a while to get it to run long enough to get it back into the space. I walked to my room to get my pump and filter pulled both out and found the fuel filter mostly restricted. I went ahead and replaced the pump with it. I am assuming the filter has been clogged all summer and the pump finally gave out from all the extra work. Guess I will be replacing my fuel filter a little more often. It was time to be replacing it but wouldn't have expected it to be that bad yet. May be that the filters I installed are more restrictive than normal which means it is keeping my injectors clean.

Shane
AR

Post by AR »

Oldun wrote:I'll second that, thanks for the great pictures!

Sooooo Rob - how are you getting that neat carb through airport security? Or are you just going to box it up with a V8 Chopper and take them both as checked baggage 8-)
Yes you are right Oldun, I had 5 flight legs on the way home and on 4 of them they physically searched my checked bag and left their calling cards. Each time I was a little closer to home but never any more comfortable. Was very nice to reach Sydney airport where for the hell of it they did one more x-ray on my way out the door and nodded saying 'youre good'. Phew, I wouldnt recommend it. Shipping is the way to go for these unusual metal looking things with springs & levers smelling of gas. Also next time I might pack my alarm clock in a separate bag :lol:
KISS

Post by KISS »

Rob,funny thing happened when i came back to Europe last year.I bought one BIG (size A4) calculator as a souvenir and had it in my hand bag so when i went to security control i got to take it out from the bag into a separate box like "other busines men" do w their lap tops.That did not make me look so smart. :lol:
Oldun

Post by Oldun »

You can probably guess the hassles I had handcarrying my Texas Long Gun Tailgunner exhaust from NZ through SYD to Asia... but once it was installed it was worth it :lol:

(Unfortunately a couple of months later Authority deemed such an exhaust made the bike UnRoadWorthy and I was told to remove it...) :cry:
Attachments
Flying Tiger & Tailgunner Dyna 03.jpg
Flying Tiger & Tailgunner Dyna 02.jpg
My 100-proof woman
A tank of 90-proof gas
And 502ci of V8 bike
AR

Post by AR »

Excuse the quality as they are phone camera pics but they came out well enough for me... :D

BHRA Models - Dave & Donna

Doug counting the tips...1, 2, 3, ...where was I?

A couple of V8 gays maybe?

One of our more accommodating bartenders

One of our not so accommodating bartenders (btw, thanks for the rides Mark!!)

Hmmm....I got a thing for bartenders it seems.

Couple of downunder dealer bludgers waiting for a ride...along with the photographer I must add

Demo's lined up...pick one says the factory 8-)
AR

Post by AR »

Waiting in line on the 'dice run' ride...weather was PERFECT!

Goofy smile...cause its nearly time to ride!

Flamed demo SS...sweet little ride (Haha...didnt blow this one up like yesterdays)

The Stamford machine...always eye catching

I liked this one best...less is more but the closer you looked there WAS more

Parade in Paris

Paris Landings - Rooms with a view

...What do you think Skip?
AR

Post by AR »

A stop on the Poker Run ride. Haha..."I'm not Parking my bike on that SHIT" so Pammy had to walk a ways :lol: :lol:

More stops at some places I dunno - I was Puff's bitch so i didnt GAF

Being the 'bitch' had its advantages...scenery was nice!

And even nicer just behind me (in my opinion :| )

and Pete Kaveman was having a great day too...UNTIL...

Ohh hunny, I'm so sorry I burned out in front of you covering your face and trike with rubber and concrete dust its just that your heap of shit weener Lead Wing didnt show up in my mirrors...can we make this right?
NO you asshole she said...HAHAHA! Classic rally shit.

My faithful gardians keeping an eye on me as usual

and whats this I see...all '3' of them looked to enjoy a ride around the park

And the bikes, trikes, trailers, bling bits, and flys were in abundance...

and all made possible by Monte & o'l #1
Oldun

Post by Oldun »

Oh Yeah!! More Pix!! THANKS!!!! much appreciated.
My 100-proof woman
A tank of 90-proof gas
And 502ci of V8 bike