Aussie Rob's Carby Mike Carby

topics about v8 bikes and their owners
Forum Sponsored by Chris Cruz Artistry
AR

Re: Aussie Rob's Carby Mike Carby

Post by AR »

Well thanks for asking WM. Yes I am the proud owner of one of Carbmike's "Stage 2" setups and although I'm yet to fully test out the functionality throughout the whole rev range, I can confirm that from idle up through the primary range the bike has really come alive. No bog, no hesitation, just a responsive nasty purposeful roar. Since new I have been running the factory settings which were never great...heavy on gas and soft on the secondaries. This all disappeared under the NOS button of course but you cant use NOS all day long can you... :roll: ...or can you? :twisted:

I'll save the full performance report until I've done it justice and run a few miles...but I will tell you that Carbmikes customer follow up and 'techy' query responses is second to none. Thanks Carby...So far $ for HP I think this is the way to go. I hope you already got or soon get the return unit and I trust it too will go to a good home. 8-)

Aussiefahrt!

The old and the new...

Some of the visible secrets...

Come to papa...
carburetormike

Post by carburetormike »

Hi Rob, Yes your old Carb. arrived yesterday, but no one was here to sign for it. So I picked it up at the Post Office today. Thanks for the Copy of the Magazine as well.

FYI Just a little tip here for you, Get the bike above 50kph before you drop the hammer because doing it below that will just about guarantee tire smoke. But be ready just in case it does anyway. Have fun and enjoy the extra Power you have now.

Respectfully Yours, Michael A. Levesque
AKA " Carburetor Mike "
President Boss Hoss Riders Association carburetor.mike@netzero.com
carburetormike

Post by carburetormike »

Well Aussie Rob, Have you worked up the courage to grab a big handful of that Stage 2? Or are the Primaries keeping your fear level to high to do so? How has it been running for you?

Carby Mike
AR

Post by AR »

carburetormike wrote:Well Aussie Rob, Have you worked up the courage to grab a big handful of that Stage 2? Or are the Primaries keeping your fear level to high to do so? How has it been running for you?

Carby Mike
Mike brother,

nice to hear from you...how is space going? :D Anyway, as Oldun will attest its running great just on the primaries, but to answer your question no I havent been out testing secondaries. I still have to square up the throttle cable mount so it sits right with the lever action that way I'll be sure that I'm getting WOT, and I have in the back of my mind there is a vacuum spring that needs adjusting but one thing at a time and honestly I'm so not in a fucking rush when it comes to my bike...my bike & I run on Fiji time like the rest of my life doesnt. But you'll be the first to know when I get there mate.

Thanks for asking...and make sure you click on the homepage webcam Mr Shitfaced this weekend as I'm setting up a webcam in New Zealand Brians Boss Hoss Barn. WHo knows what you'll see but check in anyway ok!

AR.