BIG 50, Need a Little Help

topics about v8 bikes and their owners
Forum Sponsored by Chris Cruz Artistry
Buck
$ite $upporter

BIG 50, Need a Little Help

Post by Buck »

Next Friday, 11-28, my bride, Fangette, (Susan) will undergo a dramatic change, mentally at least; she will hit the big 50 in people years. Some of you have met her in Daytona this past year. We are having a small get together at a steak house in Cary (Raleigh) next Saturday night. It would be great if I could present her with a few mementos from y'all commenting on her dubious achievement, in other words, I wanna rub it in hard. Any negative comments directed to her would be appreciated. BTW, any of you want a great meal on me and want to do the drive to Raleigh let me know a couple of days ahead of T/giving and I will reserve a plate for you.
thanks folks
Buck
Els

Re: BIG 50, Need a Little Help

Post by Els »

Buck, the king of mean sarcasm is your neighbor, Mr/Doctor/Professor Steve Barr! Steve has for years laid a barrage of mean and nasty on me because I'm older than him :cry: (by perhaps a few months). His wife Janice could probably also jump in and come up with some mean stuff but she does better after I give her a few doses of good ol' NC "shine" :shock: .

I'm tempted to come off the mountain and celebrate in Cary but I'd probably have to take the Polaris Ranger. We got over 6" of snow the other day and had 5" a few days before that. More forecast tomorrow night and Tuesday.

In any case, please convey to your wife from someone who skated past 50 a while back, that each day you're on the right side of the grass at 50, you're doing good. A new ache and pain every wake up. If 40 is "over the hill" what the hell is 50 :cry: ? And if you REALLY need to know about "old", ask Geezer. He's ancient....and would actually be my idol if he'd ever find his way back to a V8 on 2 wheels instead of these toys requiring a training wheel ;) !

Tell your wife Happy B'day from another ol' fart...me.

Elliot

Image...Todd, North Carolina
Image Image Image
V8 Perv
Super Perverator

Post by V8 Perv »

And if you REALLY need to know about "old", ask Geezer. He's ancient....and would actually be my idol if he'd ever find his way back to a V8 on 2 wheels instead of these toys requiring a training wheel !
Els, Training wheels huh? And I thought I liked you...... :cry:

....Johnston, Iowa
Els

Post by Els »

Iowa 57 chevy wrote:
And if you REALLY need to know about "old", ask Geezer. He's ancient....and would actually be my idol if he'd ever find his way back to a V8 on 2 wheels instead of these toys requiring a training wheel !

Only in Geezer's case Ron. The REAL OLD guys need the 3rd wheel :o .

To others (like me), it's a chance to relax when riding and not have to constantly be on guard for pot holes, road crowning, uneven pavement, etc. Then there are those awesome burnouts without having to think about the back end coming around so hard you can read your own license plate. No, I'm definitely a trike lover and had a couple to prove it :) .

BTW, is the '57 you're getting from Billy the red one with the awesome sound system? I only met Billy once at Daytona a year ago and that's what I recollect. Detail/pictures please....!

Elliot
Image Image Image
Boom Boom & Rockstar

Post by Boom Boom & Rockstar »

You guys, don't pick at her...hell 50 was a breeze, 60 was sheeeeet, and that was almost 2 years ago for me...and hell yes i'm old so I had to have 2 wheels on the back..my trike was just finished sunday.. and no not a v8, don't have that kind of money..i'd send a pic but Els would pick on this old lady, but at least I'm back in the saddle again...BoomBoom
Els

Post by Els »

Buck, you have a PM.

Els

Image Image Image
V8 Perv
Super Perverator

Post by V8 Perv »

Els wrote:
Iowa 57 chevy wrote:

Only in Geezer's case Ron. The REAL OLD guys need the 3rd wheel :o .

To others (like me), it's a chance to relax when riding and not have to constantly be on guard for pot holes, road crowning, uneven pavement, etc. Then there are those awesome burnouts without having to think about the back end coming around so hard you can read your own license plate. No, I'm definitely a trike lover and had a couple to prove it :) .

BTW, is the '57 you're getting from Billy the red one with the awesome sound system? I only met Billy once at Daytona a year ago and that's what I recollect. Detail/pictures please....!

Hey Els, The trike I bought from Billy is the Orange 57 Chevy and yes it does
have an awesome sound system in the trunk. I hate to admit it but I don't have any pictures
of the trike as Debs camera broke while on the trip. Also we left the trike in Atlanta to get
a couple rock chips touched up and a couple minor modifications made. I'm hoping maybe
Ricky or Jack have a photo they can send to Wildman and he can post for me.

....Johnston, Iowa
Buck
$ite $upporter

Post by Buck »

thanks to all who responded. I printed all responses and they were presented to her at the smally get together we had Saturday night. Everyone got a few chuckles.
Buck
Butterfly

Post by Butterfly »

Hey..I am 50 and it is a wonderful time....I am young enough to be called "young" lady and old enough to say..."Mind your Elder"...I do this all the time to Eagle..... :shock: see he is younger than me!!!! :o :shock: and if you turn the numbers around..you can throw a "fit" like a 05 year old..and just say you got confused and reversed your "age" numbers..... :D :lol: :lol: 8-) Wait till next year..I'll be a teenager!!!!! :o 8-)

I got this thing figured out!!!!!! ;) :D

Happy b'day
Butterfly