Well It's Time

topics about v8 bikes and their owners
Forum Sponsored by Chris Cruz Artistry
gaston 2005 502
Location: South Texas & Working Around the World, Across The Nation And Up Your Street

Well It's Time

Post by gaston 2005 502 »

Yesterday me and one of my Harley buds (One that will still ride with me) rode to San Antonio to get our international drivers licenses again at AAA. Bike was running good. We stopped at the SA Harley shop for a few minutes, and they have a nice new concrete parking lot that i left a nice squiggley stripe on when we left. The parking lot was slightly slanted and the reason for the squiggley stripe. Totaled about 400 miles as on the way home we went the scenic route through Bandera, Hondo and Devine. Anyway a beautiful day and a enjoyable ride until,,,,, we get about 130 miles from the house. It was like someone turned a light switch on. Second gear started growling, I was listening looking at the road wondering if it was the road and hoping that it was, but it was not. I stopped and checked my trans fluid and fluid level was normal. I do not have a trans temp gauge. That morning on the way to San Antonio I had a little different belt while, or so I thought it was belt while, well it turns out it was not. So I am 130 miles from the house, and first gear is working and not growmling,, but second does not sound good. I tell my bud to stay in front of me as if it locks up I do not want him behind me. So 75 mph for 1&1/2 more hours and through a couple small towns with stop lights. We make it to the bar at home and stop for a minute until I make a phone call and find out my better half is at home waiting on me so we leave and need another 2 miles or so. I stop and my bud’s house and I go to leave and reverse does not work. I shut the motor off and we push it back and I leave, go through one stop sign and stay in 1st, get to the next stop sign and 1st starts slipping, 10 – 15 mph max, I run one stop sign and make it too the house with a BIG smile on my face. The Hoss didn’t let me down on the side of the road, made it to my parking spot in the garage. From when it was new to me (2700) miles it has always had a slip when I rolled on power in second. So now I go back to work Wednesday. When I return I am going to split the frame and pull the trans.

So now comes the questions: Tom and Adrian, can ya’ll rebuild my trans in or around march 16th? I know, or I think I will need another torque converter, what do ya’ll 502 owners recommend? Would a #5 converter be best or what is the best for a 502.

Tom I will PM you.

Anyway hopefully Tom and Adrian can rebuild my trans in march and install the latest upgrades and I am ready to get back on the road.

Darryl
Darryl Campbell
SRF
Tech Advisorator

Re: Well It's Time

Post by SRF »

Darryl, that news sucks. If there was anyway possible with your work schedule I would be pulling the transmission this weekend and getting it shipped out so it would be ready for reassembly when you get home.

Shane
KISS

Post by KISS »

Shit! :( Good news is that you get new upgraded tranny for the summer! 8-)
gaston 2005 502
Location: South Texas & Working Around the World, Across The Nation And Up Your Street

Shane,
i would also like to pull it apart this weekend, but my garage is a mess and i could not leave the bike split for 6 weeks, plus when i split it my memory might not last 6 weeks of work,, also Bea wants her sprinkler system completed and i could do that while waiting on Tom on Adrian to work their magic. and yes i am looking forward to the upgrades from them :D ;) 8-)

Darryl
Darryl Campbell
Puff

Post by Puff »

Darryl,

Sorry for the breaking of the trans. :cry:
When you do the work, set your video camera
up and let it record everything.
This way, you can watch it while Adrian and Tom
work your tranny over, and everything will be
clear to you.
Also take notes.......
I wish there was some way some of us could
be there to help you split the bike and reassemble.

Bill
Bill Van Sant

gaston 2005 502

I spoke with Tom Chadwell this morning and it looks like i will get all of Tom & Adrian's latest and greatest modifications and the new BH upgrades when i get back from work and i can't wait.

Signed,

ready for a True Hoss transmission and a power shift.

Darryl
Darryl Campbell