Censorship

topics about v8 bikes and their owners
Forum Sponsored by Chris Cruz Artistry
Tom

Censorship

Post by Tom »

Well.... Another post has been censored on Lamonts site. I don`t know who or what made him decide he has power over free fucking speech!!
Tom

Re: Censorship

Post by Tom »

The post from Tom In Dyersburg is the one that got removed... Seems all was well and good with everyone slamming Milwaukee BH until Eagle made reference to dealer standards or lack of it... Then the whole post was removed. I don`t know if Lamont is protecting Summit Boss hoss or don`t like what Eagle in particular has to say but I do know it`s bullshit.
Butterfly

Post by Butterfly »

Tom wrote:Well.... Another post has been censored on Lamonts site. I don`t know who or what made him decide he has power over free fucking speech!!
Well, I guess you just can't talk about a "dealer" doing ya wrong on the .com site! I never even seen what was in the "off Topic" site that got it pulled, but if all the last cenorships that I have seen.. Like Me being asked about the Beast and telling the truth..Hell Tom you were there when she broke again for the 3rd time! I was told I was lying about the pulley breaking in a PM... It got to the point that "anything" I wrote or responded to was pulled.. Jack and Mike from Summit called and tried to get Eagle to make me shut up....if I was telling lies..why was it so important to shut me up? so I left the site. Jack has even called Eagle about something he wrote on the site and then removed it.........then I've seen where others posts had been rewritten (things removed and the post remained..example ...someone needed a part and was told that they could get it cheaper from certain dealer and then someone told that person they could get it from a partshouse for much cheaper and didn't have to go throught this dealer..well that part of the information was removed (about the parts house and the dealer)...well As for the "How Long Too long" we all know it was pulled because of what Eagle wrote...and it was nothing bad..just the truth and how he felt....It was very nicely written...but when you have the "Power" and you are a onesided ass, then you can remove whatever you want....so I guess kissing Ass is good for some but I have never liked the taste of shit in my mouth!....There Jack and Lamont!!! remove this post!!!!! :shock: :D All I can say is 3 years ago "His" site didn't exist...and those who where on the Yahoo one..was scared of a change..well a "change" is a blowing guys and gals..and if one site can be started, then so can a better one! Hmmmm sounds sorta like something Lamont offered????
Last edited by Butterfly on Thu Jan 10, 2008 11:05 am, edited 2 times in total.
Butterfly
Butterfly

Post by Butterfly »

Tom wrote:The post from Tom In Dyersburg is the one that got removed... Seems all was well and good with everyone slamming Milwaukee BH until Eagle made reference to dealer standards or lack of it... Then the whole post was removed. I don`t know if Lamont is protecting Summit Boss hoss or don`t like what Eagle in particular has to say but I do know it`s bullshit.

No, Summit has got Jack and Lamont in his back pocket .....somehow
Jack even did an enterview for the Vanquish just after Dyersburg..Check it out: http://www.marconews.com/news/2007/oct/ ... tor_takes/ What Eagle said was not a bad thing..and if Summit needs "protection" from Lamont..then He better get some bigger help....because anytime, anyplace, I am asked about Summit..I am going to tell just what happened to us and others know just what Summit did or didn't do.
I agree it's Bullshit..and feel that Summit is hiding behind Lamont....
Last edited by Butterfly on Thu Jan 10, 2008 11:07 am, edited 1 time in total.
Butterfly
Butterfly

Post by Butterfly »

wildman wrote:I'm going to try to make this my last post on the subject. I don't want this to turn in a us and them thing. I have never done anything but love V8 bikes and try to lend a hand to anyone that needed it. I know for a fact that this site never had any intentions of competing with any other website and was born with only good intentions of bringing even more people into the enjoyment of V8 motorcycles. I would much rather spend my time learning about our machines or helping someone else on their way up but had to take this opportunity to defend myself and the site. 'Nuff said as far as I am concerned. WM
Well said,,and I too am done..I just don't like to be run over and then backed over!!!! :shock: :twisted: Sorry about the "venting" but it sure felt good! :D
Butterfly
Tom

Post by Tom »

Yep.. enough said.... I`m off my soap box.
Brenda

Post by Brenda »

K! I gotta put in my two cents, even though I didn't read any of the posts that you are talking about, but from what you have all said, and the few posts still left on the .com site, sounds to me like, they feel they can bash one dealer and not another. That in itself should be band, each has their own opinion, but for one person to say that one can be posted (good or bad) and not another, than that is BS!
I have read alot of bad about Milwaukee BH on the .com site and I figure that is that persons opinion and what happened to them, becuase you don't hear both sides, either. Just because something bad happened to one person does not mean it will to another. I'd just take that info. into consideration and make my own choices. Just like if I told you that I didn't like so & so, that wouldn't stop you from likeing them, if they were good to you, right?
People have their own opinions about what has happened to them and they have a right to express them, I believe, and like I read somewhere, if you don't like what's being said, don't read it! But on the other hand I have read alot of good things about dealers also that in most cases don't happen, you only hear the bad, that's not the case in the Boss Hoss family, they DO give credit where credit is due!
RIDE FREE AND RIDE SAFE!!!

test 1

Post by test 1 »

From V8BikeRiders.com
Posted: Thu Jan 10, 2008 9:33 am Post subject:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Lamont, I was going to talk to you privately but since you responded publicly, I'll do the same. I am really disappointed in the decision to censor the thread regarding one of our members being no less than screwed by a dealer gone bad.

I've recv'd one email and two phone calls from good buds who were really upset about the decision to basically protect a dealer who's gone sour (a long time ago for your and others information) and not give the opportunity for "Buyer Beware" to anyone using the board for solid information. I fail to see the logic here unless the board is just for the "feel good" flavor of things. I also believed part of the reason for this board being formed was the constant threat of censorship associated with the BH factory site way back. If one goes back to the origins of this board, it believed it to be where one could talk about EVERYTHING relative to these bikes...provided it be done in a manner that was not profane or over the top. This thread you pulled was neither.

Considering the times and our country's fight for freedoms, I personally take this as the wrong thing to do. It has enabled a dealer in this case who has apparently done the wrong thing (nothing new with this dealer as many can confirm) and protect him rather than disclosing these improprieties to unsuspecting good guys. What's that about? The thread had been up and running quite long enough for the dealer to tell his side of the story should there have been misinformation going on.

Perhaps you can reconsider the position of supressing what I personally saw as pertinent and informational so any other unsuspecting good guys won't get put in a similar situation.

Elliot
Lamonts reply:

Posted: Thu Jan 10, 2008 10:25 am Post subject:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

All was said that needed to be said and the thread was turned into something it wasn't meant to be.

I'm sorry you felt I was wrong to delete the thread but that is how I've run this board and all my boards from day one. This board was not setup to focus on bashing other dealers, if that's what you want then setup your own board to do so. I do my best to try and keep peace in the house and some folks just look for an opportunity attack others even when they don't have a dog in this fight. That is not what I call contributing to the good of the site or the V8 brotherhood.

And by the way there is always two sides to the story.
I guess this explains how things are taken care of there except for the presenting both sides thing. How many "dogs" (V8's) does this guy have anyway? :roll:
Butterfly

Post by Butterfly »

wildman wrote:We now return you to your regularly scheduled programming:
Butterfly
Butterfly

Post by Butterfly »

Brenda wrote:K! I gotta put in my two cents, even though I didn't read any of the posts that you are talking about, but from what you have all said, and the few posts still left on the .com site, sounds to me like, they feel they can bash one dealer and not another. That in itself should be band, each has their own opinion, but for one person to say that one can be posted (good or bad) and not another, than that is BS!
I have read alot of bad about Milwaukee BH on the .com site and I figure that is that persons opinion and what happened to them, becuase you don't hear both sides, either. Just because something bad happened to one person does not mean it will to another. I'd just take that info. into consideration and make my own choices. Just like if I told you that I didn't like so & so, that wouldn't stop you from likeing them, if they were good to you, right?
People have their own opinions about what has happened to them and they have a right to express them, I believe, and like I read somewhere, if you don't like what's being said, don't read it! But on the other hand I have read alot of good things about dealers also that in most cases don't happen, you only hear the bad, that's not the case in the Boss Hoss family, they DO give credit where credit is due!
I agree...each of us has the right to choose to like or dislike things or someone! Thank you to all the soldiers who fight to give and keep this right for us to use!!!! :)
Butterfly
Butterfly

Post by Butterfly »

wildman wrote:Butterfly, I am a lot better looking online also!! haha, WM

Me too!!!!! :lol: Just look at my Avatar!!!!!! I even have "wings" :D
Butterfly
Brenda

Post by Brenda »

Butterfly wrote...I agree...Thank you to all the soldiers who fight to give and keep this right for us to use!!!!

AMEN SISTER!!!!!

Butterfly

Post by Butterfly »

Mike pm sent....check it out
Butterfly
Butterfly

Post by Butterfly »

Brenda wrote:Butterfly wrote...I agree...Thank you to all the soldiers who fight to give and keep this right for us to use!!!!

AMEN SISTER!!!!!
:D :D
Butterfly
AR

Post by AR »

Butterfly wrote: Image

Cringe stuff on the censorship, I think I'll go hide behind the couch for a few days. :oops: Unless Wildemann posts some more of that regularly scheduled programming. ;)
Butterfly

Post by Butterfly »

Aussie Rob wrote:
Butterfly wrote: Image

Cringe stuff on the censorship, I think I'll go hide behind the couch for a few days. :oops: Unless Wildemann posts some more of that regularly scheduled programming. ;)

BTW I just got put down for my avatar here....I like it! Maybe wildman could add that other pic to my avatar as well.... I need all the help I can get.... :lol: :D
Butterfly
Butterfly

Post by Butterfly »

I must be famous, I am being watched...... :shock: :o :D
Butterfly
EAGLE

Post by EAGLE »

Just a note O'Girl, just don't get Infamouse ;) CRAP!!! I guess Jack is gonna' call me on that one again :lol:
Sleep In Peace Tonight!
EAGLE!!!!!
Boom Boom & Rockstar

Post by Boom Boom & Rockstar »

I have been reading the forum since the rally. I am new to v8 bikes but I do love them. I usually don't voice my opinion on bikeriders.com because a lot of people act like I don't exist and I like to be friends with everyone. I want to thank a handful of them for their pm's and some do email me. They gripe about talking non-bike things,which they all are guilty of. I read both forums everyday and really try to learn all I can about the bh. Rockstar is non-mechanical and I really don't want a problem somewhere on the road in a different state ,so all information is important including dealerships. The particular dealership mentioned is not the only one I've heard is unreliable, and I did not hear it on the forum. I think it is wonderful that we can interact with people across the world. I tell my family all about Rob and Kiss, they are like celebrities in our house, and we are talking about someday soon going to Pullman. Life is short and having good times with great friends is what it's all about . Eagle,Butterfly, Wildman and Pam are real good people. Billy and Classy Bossette have been great to us and we met a friend that we stay in contact with all the time, Winchester. Here is a question no one answered me on the other forum: I had a kawasaki 650 automatic lowrider and I am trying to remember what year it was, 86,88,or89????? Also made our reservations for paris, tn. today ..BoomBoom
Boom Boom & Rockstar

yes I believe it was an 86, I wish I still had that little ricer, I would make it into a trike, for the life of me I couldn't remember the year. I had a stroke 7 years ago and I forget little things like that. when you said we could go to Pullman for about 2000, that's really not bad. It won't be this year though, going to try to get there 2009. It would be a trip of a lifetime. Planning on La Crosse in June, already have reservations and of course, Paris,tn. and whatever we can get to in between. I hope you and Pam come to La Crosse.....Boom
AR

Post by AR »

Boom Boom & Rockstar wrote: I tell my family all about Rob and Kiss, they are like celebrities in our house, ..BoomBoom
Yeah right...we are celebrity material alright. :oops:
Brenda

Post by Brenda »

Hey Aussie, lookin good in that top hat!!!! :P

Boom Boom & Rockstar

Rob my daughter who is 37 has a great desire to go to Australia and when I told her about you it just enhances the drive.. she thinks the accent is soooo sexy, and for me to get to hang around you those 4 days she thought it very cool..I think it is cool that people from other countries have boss hoss bikes and we can sit and talk to them about our bikes...I think it's great that after 4 days I have made so many friends across the globe and We have our own boss hoss society. Some people I know think I'm a simpleton but actually just high on life. I get excited about little things. I had a tough life but never forgot where I came from. It will be hard to get Steve out of the country but the pullman rally might be just the thing to do it..I am going to start working on the passports this month.
Brenda

Post by Brenda »

"Boom Boom & Rockstar" wrote........think it is cool that people from other countries have boss hoss bikes and we can sit and talk to them about our bikes...I think it's great that after 4 days I have made so many friends across the globe and We have our own boss hoss society. Some people I know think I'm a simpleton but actually just high on life. I get excited about little things. I had a tough life but never forgot where I came from.

I figure the more that happens to a person in life, makes them a better person, learned from mistakes, that either you or someone else made, that effected your life! I don't know if you and I have met, but I'm sure your just as awesome as the other Boss Hoss people or the others on this board wouldn't talk so highly of you both! Being high on life is the best high there is and I never knew what it really was to be high on life either until I get together with the BH people, seems like I've known them my whole life, I still can't get over the way we all get along and how much fun so many different people from all walks of life and all over the globe can get along and it's like a family reunion when we all get-together. Each one of us can't wait until the next time. OK so not like a family reunion, I always hated mine, but better than that for sure!

As far as meeting so many people from around the world, I too, think it's so cool! I get to deal with alot of them, buying Boss Hoss Merchadise and we PM or e-mail back and forth and I just feeld that I have a connection to them, right off the bat, even though, I haven't met most of them. I have had the pleasure of dealing with people, just in the last 2-2 1/2 years, from Australia, New Zealand, Japan, Denmark, Germany, United Kingdom, Canada, Finland, just off the top of my head, probably more. But I get a real kick everytime I get to go to the post office and am able to send a little joy half way or all the way around the world!!! Not because I am selling stuff, but becasue I am fortunate enough to be in the situation, that I can. Boss Hoss people are simply the best!!! ;) ;) ;) I mean look at the name of this thread "Censorship" started out as a crabby one, but ended up, all gooshy!! :lol: Just like family, we quarrel and then it's over!

Well Rockstar and Boom Boom, if we haven't met, I'm sure we will next time we're all together! I can't wait, I just LOVE to meet new people, only bad part is, I can't remember names for shit!!!!!

Butterfly

Post by Butterfly »

I agree with all of y'all and our home is open to any coming through SE Alabama..and We :D do mean Any!!!!! Welcome to the borad Boom-boom and Rock Star!!!!! :lol:
Butterfly